ADVERTISEMENT

UMass Game Thread - 7pm Wed ESPN+

Spiders are already 12–0 at home. Let #13 not be unlucky.

The only time we should wear red is when we are guaranteed to lose. Like if we play Duke or whoever happens to be numbers 1-10 in the country at the time. Then maybe it will reverse the curse.

Hopefully Quinn is healthy and aggressive. Cohen and Cross are the strength of this UMass team. I don't think we will be able to play the small line up as much Wednesday, will be interesting to see. Third leading scorer, Diggins, like Dji is a former p6 recruit. They play URI today at home, favored by 11 after losing at URI by I think 12. URI got a bump when they got a player eligible, but downhill since.

they are putting a lot of marriages to the test scheduling this thing on Valentines Day, not sure if I will be able to make it 😨
My wife says screw Valentines Day. She hates it with a passion. We love each other every day! She made me promise not to give her anything or especially go out to dinner for Valentines.

My wife says screw Valentines Day. She hates it with a passion. We love each other every day! She made me promise not to give her anything or especially go out to dinner for Valentines.
A Robins Center hot dog and hamburger will be just fine, thank you.

This is not an easy game. I'm hoping being at home will make the difference. Go Spiders! Every game is a must win. We got this!

Reactions: urfan1
We're on Lunardi's bracket game discussion for today due to our standing as the current auto bid.

A loss means we give up the AQ? Is that because Dayton has played more A10 games?
This late in the season I only look at A10 losses…

10-2 is better than 9-2 so if we lost yes Dayton should be there as AQ. But if tied I think it’s been said Lunardi uses Net as his tiebreaker anyway.

It’s just a placeholder it means nothing except we want to still be listed that way solely bc it increases our at large possibilities if we r first in A10 and have killer record. In theory it increases A10 tourney odds too bc we’d have an easier path but that’s a little more matchup dependent imo.

I'm concerned about the 17-0 run Lasalle hung on us and blowing a 15 point second half lead. This flaw rears it's head far too regularly.

Reactions: Gallipoli
We have seen teams string together 3 point make binges against us in 2nd halves this year - BC, Lasalle, VCU are a few. I don’t know why that is. Could be teams are attacking our drop coverage on p&r defense more after halftime, dunno exactly. I like the small lineup to defend against it though. Switch every screen.

Feels like UMass will wilt if we get them in a hole, but if we don't, their advantage on the boards is going to be an issue. Need to come right out and take it to them.
Agree very much but coming out of the gate strong hasnt been a Mooney led team trait since I have been watching. Robins should be loud

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT