ADVERTISEMENT

Key Games -- NET standings and eventual bubble implications ..

CBS bubble watch lists 6 bubble teams in action tonight - a good list of who to root against for the night: St Johns, Cincinnati, Indiana State, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, New Mexico

No Pitt or Drake? I think there were more tonight. Surprised those 2 not listed. They both won unfortunately. But overall not bad. If we stay in mix fun to monitor.

No Pitt or Drake? I think there were more tonight. Surprised those 2 not listed. They both won unfortunately. But overall not bad. If we stay in mix fun to monitor.

Here's where I saw it, guessing it wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list just a quick look at some of the most bubbly teams in action last night. Overall it was a good night for us with many top bubble teams losing.

Reactions: urfan1
VCU is looking better and better. I know SLU is not a very good team but the Rams pretty easily took care of business on the road. 11 out of 12. Odom has them playing with confidence: And wouldn’t you know, after letting SLU cut a 9 point lead to 1, he crazily called a TO to stop the run. Then his Rams came out and scored on 4 straight possessions to take back control of the game.
Odom was my top choice to replace Mooney, but now we will have the thrill of watching him out coach the Moondog for the next 10 years. Lucky us.

VCU is looking better and better. I know SLU is not a very good team but the Rams pretty easily took care of business on the road. 11 out of 12. Odom has them playing with confidence: And wouldn’t you know, after letting SLU cut a 9 point lead to 1, he crazily called a TO to stop the run. Then his Rams came out and scored on 4 straight possessions to take back control of the game.
Odom was my top choice to replace Mooney, but now we will have the thrill of watching him out coach the Moondog for the next 10 years. Lucky us.
Odom will be gone in 2 years.

We have all had about 15 or 20 guys lined up to replace moon. Luckily Hardt has been napping and we have moon on lockdown until he decides to hang it up.

Last edited:
We have all had about 15 ro 20 guys lined up to replace moon. Luckily Hardt has been napping and we have moon on lockdown until he decides to hang it up.
Like the scoreboard said on Valentines, “Love you to the Mooney and back”…

Last edited:
Reactions: spider23
Glass half full crowd: "we are a half game out of first place!"

Glass half empty crowd: "we are one game away from dropping out of the top four double bye"...

Your turn Mooney
Now that is really glass half empty. If we lose a game we go from 2 losses to 5 losses…

Don’t know if this is here but…
after a wild last 4 minutes, LaSalle hangs on 82-81 over UMass.

So we now need 6 losses to have a chance at not being Top 4.
This just tells me how badly we beat ourselves the other night vs Mass. Mass just happened to be on the floor as we self-destructed. Onto better things like today vs GW. Hope it's now a thing of the past.

Loyola Chicago @ Bonnies is a huge one for us tonight.

Bonnies are 10-3 at home and Loyola 6-3 on the road. If the Bonnies win we’d have a nice cushion and be able to lose another game and still be in first place.

Hopefully we don’t drop any games, but I know who I’m rooting for tonight.

Loyola Chicago @ Bonnies is a huge one for us tonight.

Bonnies are 10-3 at home and Loyola 6-3 on the road. If the Bonnies win we’d have a nice cushion and be able to lose another game and still be in first place.

Hopefully we don’t drop any games, but I know who I’m rooting for tonight.
Bonnies looking good. Up 13
Im glad spiders didnt have to play St Bon on the road. They are tough at Riley

Fordham just hit a three to go up 61–60 on Mason with 4 seconds left.

Edit: And the Rams hang on to win. They were down double digits with 10 minutes to go.

Bonnie’s outscores Loyola 7 to negative 5…

Last edited:
Reactions: whampas
Fordham just hit a three to go up 61–60 on Mason with 4 seconds left.

Edit: And the Rams hang on to win. They were down double digits with 10 minutes to go.
And holds on.

If we are 1 who do we want as 5? Bonnie’s or UMass?

Also I'll add - this week starts the best time of the year for sports in my opinion. The conference tourneys have started, so from now through selection Sunday, the madness of the early rounds of the ncaa tournament all the way to the final 4 - what a time for college bball lovers. Exhibit A:

We should join the Mountain West Conference
Especially if we are 26-8 and not even first four out…
Which is a possibility.

I wonder if SF knows the teams in the A10 and CAA that had 24 or more wins on Selection Sunday and were not selected.

Last edited:
Yes, its frustrating. The team has done all they can (other than beat Colorado or Florida) but bracketologists hate us. I think the failure is scheduling. Not a bad schedule, but two more games in the FLA and Colorado echelon would have helped. Let's win out, including Brooklyn.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
We see too late that there is zero value in playing a bad team from a good conference. BC being a zero game. Win and it barely helps. Lose and it crushes you. SOS not really helped. 5 losses against very good teams would be okay. 5 losses that include meh teams not so much.

Yes, its frustrating. The team has done all they can (other than beat Colorado or Florida) but bracketologists hate us. I think the failure is scheduling. Not a bad schedule, but two more games in the FLA and Colorado echelon would have helped. Let's win out, including Brooklyn.
Found the team I was looking for ODU 1999 24-8 and NIT…
But a lot has changed with NCAA, CAA, and A10 since then…

Not expecting committee to take this into account but

Hunt played half the game against Colorado, missed 10 games, then played half minutes second A10 game against Loyola.

7-3 without him, 1-1 (Colorado) when he had less than 27 minutes, 16-3 when he had more.

I wonder if SF knows the teams in the A10 and CAA that had 24 or more wins on Selection Sunday and were not selected.
Right off the top of my head, Fordham last year. Davidson a few years ago I remember too.

What was the UMass league champ team record that didn’t get a bid? They were the only A10 regular season champs omitted to date, I believe? Were they co-champs (seem to recall that?)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT