ADVERTISEMENT

URI Game thread - Wed 7pm ESPN+

After King fouled him before the shot, Walz gave him a bit of a bump in midair. House definitely walked up to him staring him down and had to be pushed away by teammates. Nothing big, but worth keeping an eye on.
Sorry, I was just reacting to the offensive foul that they reversed.

• Haha
Reactions: MDspider8
10-second call against Mason up four with 90 seconds to go. :rolleyes:

Dayton misses two FTs, but gets the offensive board and then a dumb Mason foul. And then after two Dayton FTs, Mason turns it over. Good grief.

Reactions: urfan1
Doing what good teams should do, nice road win Spiders!
Agreed. Only can play the teams on your schedule and what ..... 6-1 on the road. It's a pleasant surprise but this Mooney team knows how to win! 👍

I could be completely wrong on remembering what an announcer said last game .... that the Spiders hadn't lost a game in the last 5 minutes when leading? If so talk about an 180 degree turnaround with regards to that.

Walz played great. He plays a bit of the power game that I want to see Neal play. Unafraid to use his size and go at a guy in the post and finish from the block.

Dji kept us in the game with his offense in the first half and his defense was very good all game. He's playing terrific ball. His FTs still drive me nuts, esp. when they don't even get above the level of the front rim. Hoping this is a full teardown in the offseason. He's so good at being crafty, finishing at the rack, if his shot came around it's mind boggling what he could do. For now, it's also a bit of a hindrance in the end game bc we cannot expect him to want to attack the last 4 minutes bc they will just foul him and hope.

I thought the best thing to happen was for Jordan to mix it up and URI to try to get in his head. Angry King with a chip on his shoulder is locked in and Rhody caught that the last 20 minutes.

Walz played great. He plays a bit of the power game that I want to see Neal play. Unafraid to use his size and go at a guy in the post and finish from the block.

Dji kept us in the game with his offense in the first half and his defense was very good all game. He's playing terrific ball. His FTs still drive me nuts, esp. when they don't even get above the level of the front rim. Hoping this is a full teardown in the offseason. He's so good at being crafty, finishing at the rack, if his shot came around it's mind boggling what he could do. For now, it's also a bit of a hindrance in the end game bc we cannot expect him to want to attack the last 4 minutes bc they will just foul him and hope.

I thought the best thing to happen was for Jordan to mix it up and URI to try to get in his head. Angry King with a chip on his shoulder is locked in and Rhody caught that the last 20 minutes.
I feel ya…but in the clutch…he’s been pretty good at the line.

Mike Walz' best game yet as a Spider?

On his fadeaway I did the ol’…no no YES! But maybe wasn’t needed. Because he has good form & I’ve always felt pretty confident when he shoots wherever on court. Not King confident but confident.

Quinn needs to go up right away. no more fakes I think he’s been scouted that he doesn’t shoot/attack basket right away so he’s being defended easier. Nobody taking the fakes. Mix it up and attack rim immediately. But nice to see his jam.

I feel ya…but in the clutch…he’s been pretty good at the line.
fair, but just going on numbers, those would seem to be the outliers to the overall percentage. I obvs don't have an explanation to why that is - more focus, etc. - but do hope late-game success continues (and overall ft shooting improves.) My general point being, I still think there is a clear need for a #2 option behind Jordan in last 5 minute situations and Dji has quickly moved to the top of my list, but this factor is a knock against him fully grabbing that role. Obviously should have mentioned that in my post above. His game is a great counterbalance to when they're overplaying Jordan's jumper on the perimeter.

fair, but just going on numbers, those would seem to be the outliers to the overall percentage. I obvs don't have an explanation to why that is - more focus, etc. - but do hope late-game success continues (and overall ft shooting improves.) My general point being, I still think there is a clear need for a #2 option behind Jordan in last 5 minute situations and Dji has quickly moved to the top of my list, but this factor is a knock against him fully grabbing that role. Obviously should have mentioned that in my post above. His game is a great counterbalance to when they're overplaying Jordan's jumper on the perimeter.
I’m not disagreeing with you. Trying to find silver lining😀. I think I have mentioned it up here before and not making excuses because it still has to be improved but his shooting wrist has three screws in the scaphoid bone so his range of motion in his shooting hand has been an issue since he broke it back as a incoming freshman. My guy has a total of 14 screws in that hand🤦🏼‍♂️ but no doubt the FTs are his only bugger and he’s continuing to work on them 🕷️🏀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT