ADVERTISEMENT

@SLU Game thread 8pm Wed - ESPN+

Bringing this post back up to the top.

Sad to say but big NET moves have come from blowouts on the road against Q3 teams. Go nuts. Non Stop.

Reactions: Eight Legger
This feels like a classic trap game. On the road, sandwiched between Davidson and VCU.

Let’s get out to a lead early and just suffocate them. I want to see Travis Ford with smoke coming out of his ears as we wipe the floor with him

Let's beat them so thoroughly that he gets his own billboard...honestly may not take a whole lot to push that over the edge at this point.

How long was the Mooney billboard up? Less than 24 hours I think. These articles like the StL paper that reference the billboard never state that. Now I admit it may not change anyone’s opinion on the fairness of said billboard, but it still feels like pertinent information for the reader who wouldn’t be familiar w what happened in Richmond & I’m guessing probably think it was up for weeks or months.

It was planned to be up for a month, but they took it down after a day or two as people who were mistakenly thought to be behind it were being harassed.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
how would harassing the wrong people get it taken down? did the wrong people contact the right people?

That was kinda my thought. Did the actual billboarders get harassed too or just the falsely accused? Who was running this harassment investigation?

I have not been harassed yet by calling Mooney the worst rivalry coach in history. Well maybe VT4700. But I think bc ppl know it’s true.

Anyway if they did harass me it’s ok bc I signed up for this board using Spider23’s email.

so then yes, the "wrong people" did contact the "right people".

"Two people not associated with our group contacted us tonight to say that some supporters of the program had harassed them ..."

point is, if someone accused me of putting that billboard up, I wouldn't know who to contact. these people did. so I'd say they were fairly close to the group responsible even if they didn't want to be publicly involved.

I know nothing, I see nothing. Honestly, I am too busy setting up burner accounts for Travis' son and Kevin Durant to have much time for anything else.

At least I now know why my email address seems blocked by various rivals message boards. Mystery solved.

• Haha
Reactions: SpiderDad75
so then yes, the "wrong people" did contact the "right people".

"Two people not associated with our group contacted us tonight to say that some supporters of the program had harassed them ..."

point is, if someone accused me of putting that billboard up, I wouldn't know who to contact. these people did. so I'd say they were fairly close to the group responsible even if they didn't want to be publicly involved.

exactly spiderman. They identified, contacted and convinced an anoymous group within a span of 24 hours. Well done. They missed their calling, probably should be in other lines of work. Or the real ones were actually being harassed and that was just a misdirection to the media.

It's a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

I would have started with a Twitter DM or reply to FireMooneyMafia, but yeah, I imagine the "right" and "wrong" folks were familiar with each other, hence the misidentification of the perpetrators. If that story is indeed truthful.

Before the board went up, I had people giving me a head's something was going to happen and mentioned the possibility of a board. I told them it was a bad idea and I hoped they were not involved. They assured me they were not involved. But if people were talking to me before I'm certain they were talking to others.

Reactions: spiderman
I would have started with a Twitter DM or reply to FireMooneyMafia, but yeah, I imagine the "right" and "wrong" folks were familiar with each other, hence the misidentification of the perpetrators. If that story is indeed truthful.

Twitter account is gone, been gone. Suspended. So I don't know how u can start there. Also, fwiw I read your original post, maybe sman did too, as u having your own knowledge about the situation. I had forgotten about that report.

Also never would have pegged @urfan1 as 1 of the harassers! He has always seemed like a fair minded guy.

Well, yeah, but the Twitter account was in full effect at the time. I meant if I was being incorrectly being blamed for the billboard and I didn't know who was responsible, I would have started with the one lead I had...that Twitter account. But it sounds like there were rumblings among boosters, so at least some identities were probably known to those outside of the direct billboard sponsors.

not involved, did not support. don't know who was involved.

not involved, did not support. don't know who was involved.

Only a joke urfan1. Hope that was evident.

U just knew the people who knew the people who were involved.

Anyway I was honestly just seeing what ppl thought of media never disclosing it was up for 1 day. I think there is a distinction there vs. running for a month. Even if not material enough to make any difference there is honesty in stating regardless. Idk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT