ADVERTISEMENT

VCU Game Thread at the Stu- 4pm Sat ESPNU/ESPN+ (?)

Well, in their press releases about the schedule and tickets, they've errantly said multiple times that the Maryland game is on Saturday, February 4, so maybe they didn't even realize the games were the same day.

The lax game is at 1, so if you hustle a bit you can make both.

Trolling VCU again....this guy needs help...

"For the first time in many years, not feeling too confident in beating Westhampton. For the first time in many years, I don't really care."
I wonder what Spiders4ever thinks about that post?

And what does Stonewall think about your posts? Where did that poster go anyway, not on search anymore…

Last edited:
Very few career minutes vs each other in this game.

Nelson 63 (in The mirror universe)

Jackson 25
Lawal 5
Fermin 3

Quinn 50
Bigelow 40
Roche 26
Bailey 20
Walz 2
Noyes 1

We don’t need the series lead.

We just need their next win to be at the STU in 2037 to break the tie…

Reactions: mojo-spider
[QUOTE="SFspidur, post: 410671, member: 64"

The lax game is at 1, so if you hustle a bit you can make both.

Or just skip the lacrosse game. There is a reason it is called lax. UR Basketball vs. VDU or a lax game, it is not even close.
[/QUOTE]

Since the lacrosse game will be over before the basketball games starts it is not an issue. Both are important games ...................

As a Spider fan, I don't know how you can feel confident at all about going into Siegel and getting a win. That place has killed our hopes far too many times. And this is Mooney and this is VCU, we all know the record. I refuse to get my hopes up and to have expectations.

I agree it is a different year and we are in a unique position of the hunted vs the hunter. It is going to be rock fight.

Or just skip the lacrosse game. There is a reason it is called lax. UR Basketball vs. VDU or a lax game, it is not even close.

Since the lacrosse game will be over before the basketball games starts it is not an issue. Both are important games ...................
[/QUOTE]
But all that travel time between locations…

As a Spider fan, I don't know how you can feel confident at all about going into Siegel and getting a win. That place has killed our hopes far too many times. And this is Mooney and this is VCU, we all know the record. I refuse to get my hopes up and to have expectations.

I agree it is a different year and we are in a unique position of the hunted vs the hunter. It is going to be rock fight.
What makes me nervous is I am not sure VCu has played two games the same this season.
So how do you know what to expect?

Reactions: Ram Bal
Play tough defense. Make 3s. Identify their scorers and get Dji and Bigs and Hunt and Harris on them.
From their board about Bonnie loss

“I'm fine with open shots from deep. I would prefer them to be by Max, Kuany and Joe.”

I’m hoping for 10 points combined from Shulga, Kuany, and Bamisile On Saturday.

Been playing against Joe since 7th grade. He’s tough but would argue not as tough as he once was. Before the two knee blowouts. Still a problem.
I was pretty sure I remember you saying that when he was in transfer portal ....lots of dynamics in play Saturday

Reactions: SpiderDad75
Here is a quick summary of game predictions. Over the past several weeks, the spreads were pretty close, but they predicted the wrong winner (Fordham excepted).

Haslemetrics: VCU 67, Richmond 66 (rounding)
Warrennolan: VCU 69, Richmond 65
RealtimeRPI: VCU 74, Richmond 65
Barttorvick: VCU 66, Richmond 65

All seem to think VCU will win the home game. This does not measure the heart of the team.

Last edited:
Here is a quick summary of game predictions. Over the past several weeks, the spreads were pretty close, but they predicted the wrong winner (Fordham excepted).

Haslemetrics: VCU 67, Richmond 66 (rounding)
Warrennolan: VCU 69, Richmond 65
RealtimeRPI: VCU 74, Richmond 65
Barttorvick: VCU 66, Richmond 65

All seem to think VCU will win the home game. This does not measure the heart of the team.

they were saying much worse about the Spiders in January 2015!

This is the effort and execution we will need Saturday...I have never seen the Siegel Center look this way...like a Premier League soccer crowd whose team is behind 3-0...

Kendall Anthony loved torturing the Rams...his move on Rams star Briante Webber will always be one of my favorite UR basketball memories...ha! I remember yelling so loud at the TV that the poor mutt ran out of the room...

this highlight reel should be mandatory viewing before you get your mojo right for the Spiders trip down to Siegel...

Go Spiders!

This will be one of the more impressive Moon tenure wins if we can get it. They've mainly bullied us. 8-24. I've said it before u can't run from that record u have to face it head on. VCU plays confident against us and now we r the hunted which is usually not case in rivalry. They'll be fired up looking to give us 1st A10 loss. That's all in their favor.

But we have a team that maybe can do the bullying. And if you look at rest of Feb schedule it is very manageable. Win this one when every predictor sees a close loss, and man we go from longer shot bid chance to way up. It's that kind of swing game imo.

spoke to a friend , a die hard vcu fan, says they have no one to match Quinn or Walz. Hope he's right and they go off!
I agree. They have zero inside game on O. Also no one big and strong enough to guard Quinn in the post. The question to me is how much will Quinn be on the block. I would hope very often to take full advantage of his advantage in the post. They will have to send a double team at him which should lead to open shots. Crush the Lambs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT