ADVERTISEMENT

@SLU Game thread 8pm Wed - ESPN+

SLU is completely undisciplined. They play little defense and as someone noted they played right into our hands when they were on offense by firing up quick shots. Don't know how Ford survives. They have talent that is for sure but man the coaching is really suspect.
Some pundits thinking Ford is gone at the end of the season...............wasn't showing his usual "fire" coaching last night, so maybe resigned to that happening? But "undisciplined" to describe the play of SLU is an apt description.

I think that Crabtree spot opened up when Schneider left the program at the end of 2018.
Jimerson was already committed to SLU. not sure about the other opening. Ford? Verbinskis? some other miss?
Good point, I forgot about Schneider. I believe we promoted Oddo to his schollie for the second semester.

I remember what happened now. Burton got Julius Johnsons slot and Crabtree transfer got the Schneider/Oddo slot. We were hoping Noah Yates would get another year, so his spot was held but he ended up getting denied. So we just left the spot open rather than filling it super late.

Good point, I forgot about Schneider. I believe we promoted Oddo to his schollie for the second semester.

I remember what happened now. Burton got Julius Johnsons slot and Crabtree transfer got the Schneider/Oddo slot. We were hoping Noah Yates would get another year, so his spot was held but he ended up getting denied. So we just left the spot open rather than filling it super late.
that solves it! great memory.

Reactions: urfan1
I do wish we offered Jimerson, though. even if he told us he wanted to leave RVA. make him turn us down. we should have been a great option for him.

but there's a long list of "what ifs" in recruiting.

I get that you make more offers than you have spots, but would you have given up Burton to have Jimerson?

BTW, Jimerson definitely looked good last night, but he's shooting a career-low 39.2% overall and 36.6% from deep this season. Not terrible, but coming into this season he was 44.5% and 40.9% for his career.

So we have discovered Jimmerson & Durkin are the transfers in next season?

King is having a terrific season, but in conference he might be having the best season of any player since we joined the A10. He is averaging over 20 points a game and shooting 47.4% from 3 on high volume.
Best Spider player since I started following in 2012 imo

Find me a 1 year PG who can make shots and play with the confidence of KA or King. It’s the key to everything. I like Tyne a lot but his jumper has a long way to go at present.

My question how many players have we had recently that could get their own outside shot one on one?

Best Spider player since I started following in 2012 imo
For me it’s TJ, but that may be biased by the fact that I got to watch him from the second row of the student section at (almost) every home game for two seasons. For me I just can’t get that same feel and appreciation for a player on tv IMO

Find me a 1 year PG who can make shots and play with the confidence of KA or King. It’s the key to everything. I like Tyne a lot but his jumper has a long way to go at present.
numbers don't back me on this yet, but I get the feeling Tyne will be a good shooter. form looks good and he doesn't hesitate to take it.

can't find much about his shooting but this shows a pretty good run in AAU ...

Pretty sure we wanted Jimerson. Think he wanted to get out of RVA for college. He would have been a perfect fit here for sure.
How many years does he have eligibility? Hopefully after this year at St L he’s getting homesick for RVa and would like the friendly confines of the RC. We could really use him. Good player with instinct for the game and quick release on 3 ball.

How many years does he have eligibility? Hopefully after this year at St L he’s getting homesick for RVa and would like the friendly confines of the RC. We could really use him. Good player with instinct for the game and quick release on 3 ball.
He's only got one year left, and it'll be his 6th season. Got a medical redshirt after playing 10 games as a frosh, and he's still got the extra COVID year.

Reactions: urfan1
He'll go where NIL dictates, as he should. Not sure of his pro prospects. He's a great shooter historically, quick release, but is too slow for the NBA, don't think he could guard anyone. He's like the really dirt-poor version of Jimmer. So he should grab whatever NIL money comes calling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT