ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham Game Thread Wed 7pm ESPN+

Fordham has not been good overall, but they did beat North Texas and Bona. And their gym is weird if you're unfamiliar with it, and many of our guys haven't played there. (DeLonnie actually did play there last season with Wagner. In fact, I think he's the only one on our roster who's seen the floor in a game there, as Dji was injured when we played there in 2022.)

Another trap game in that it's a midweek game in a small gym that won't have a great atmosphere and has weird sightlines, stands and everything else because the place is a 100 years old. Fordham coming off a loss with a chance at the 1st place team in the league. Gotta self-motivate and come out with strong defense and efficient offense and take advantage of FU mistakes.

Amazing win today, let's keep it going Spiders!

Another trap game in that it's a midweek game in a small gym that won't have a great atmosphere and has weird sightlines, stands and everything else because the place is a 100 years old. Fordham coming off a loss with a chance at the 1st place team in the league. Gotta self-motivate and come out with strong defense and efficient offense and take advantage of FU mistakes.

Amazing win today, let's keep it going Spiders!
The players are focused!

Fordham has not been good overall, but they did beat North Texas and Bona. And their gym is weird if you're unfamiliar with it, and many of our guys haven't played there. (DeLonnie actually did play there last season with Wagner. In fact, I think he's the only one on our roster who's seen the floor in a game there, as Dji was injured when we played there in 2022.)
Agreed. It’s like a high school gym.

I kinda like it. It’s not like Lasalle’s. Has character at least. I’ve seen a game there I do agree it seems lot darker than most gyms. Hopefully our NYC alums come out.
Just don’t buy the premium seats. Made that mistake last time. Not a bad seat in the arena.

haha. I tried to get seats in the UR section behind our bench last time but it was sold out (bc it only holds like 60 people) so sat in the section behind that, which is only 3 rows of seats. And that is the top section. Basically I was just above even height of the rim.

I kinda like it. It’s not like Lasalle’s. Has character at least. I’ve seen a game there I do agree it seems lot darker than most gyms. Hopefully our NYC alums come out.
Been there a few times. I think it has character.

Go Spiders! No let up. I plan to be wrong on my original prediction on this one.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Funny comments about Rose Hill. I've been there a bunch of times because its (relatively) close to me (as in less than 2 hours drive). My wife was commenting yesterday about how "awful" it was to see a game there. I guess its a love/hate situation. I find it funky and historic and for the most part, because its so small, there really isn't a bad seat.

This is a total trap game BUT I just don't see guys like King, D-Lo, and Bigs letting us get ahead of ourselves. This team has real on-court leadership. It might be closer than we'd prefer, but I predict a W.

Reactions: urfan1
LaSalle's (Tom Gola Arena) building is pretty bad. I went last year for the first time, and was somewhat horrified to find my seats behind the UR bench were old school bleachers with no seat back. I'm over 40 now and that is no bueno for me.

Definitely a trap game. Coming off a big win, and a road trip to VCU next Saturday. It would be easy to overlook a mediocre Formdam team. It doesn't appear the character of this team to fall into the trap, however. They just appear to be of a different mindset than most.

Both suck and should be booted out of the league forever. At least Fordham is a quality university, whereas LaSalle is about 60 days from having its desks repossessed.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Kenpom give us a 69% chance of winning with a predicted score of 71-66. Our team will be very focused on this game, although every team we play is going to try a little harder to beat the number one team in conference.

I hope we don't have any hangover from the big game the other night. Seems natural sometimes when a team has a monster game like that to follow with a letdown. But I don't see that mentality with this group - I think we come out aggressive and impose our will from the tip Wednesday and keep the momentum going.

Yes, I am feeling more confident in this group. I did think came out a little flat vs GMU but fought through it. This will be on the road. I will be interested to see the turn out from NYC area Richmond fans. We have had some good turn outs over the years at Fordham.

Yes, I am feeling more confident in this group. I did think came out a little flat vs GMU but fought through it. This will be on the road. I will be interested to see the turn out from NYC area Richmond fans. We have had some good turn outs over the years at Fordham.
Another thing about this group is that this team is not reliant on 1 or 2 players to do most of the scoring, example being the Dayton game. Yes King can take over and score 30 some nights and those are great, but if teams plan D around stopping King, which they have to do, there are 5 other guys who can score. Bigs, Bailey, Quinn, Hunt, even Roche.

Got my tickets, though Fordham's website may also be from the 20th Century. It apparently hates Google Chrome, had to switch to Safari in order to make the endless ticket loop go away and actually purchase anything. I've seen that before, but not in years.

I hope we don't have any hangover from the big game the other night. Seems natural sometimes when a team has a monster game like that to follow with a letdown. But I don't see that mentality with this group - I think we come out aggressive and impose our will from the tip Wednesday and keep the momentum going.
No hangovers please. Dry January is almost over.

• Haha
Reactions: spiderman
I kinda like Rose Hill when they're winning and attract fans.
on a Wednesday in January at 9-11 they won't draw 2,000 ... including Spider fans.
we have to keep up the intensity despite a lack of energy from the "crowd".

I have not been to a basketball game there, but yeah, they have a big garage just a block or two from the gym.

Reactions: spider23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT