ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham Game Thread Wed 7pm ESPN+

Believe there is public parking lot for Bronx Zoo. In past on a weekend game I parked on the street across from the entrance to the zoo and it was a quick walk to Rose Hill. I do feel like the on campus parking is very limited. Am taking train bc of the weeknight.

Thanks, found this on their website, not super clear:

What is the parking policy on game days?

Those who have tickets in either Lot A or the garage can show the QR code in their confirmation email to Public Safety. Otherwise, our spots are very limited and are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis by Public Safety. The parking lots open 2 hours before game time.

I think you just need to show your ticket to the game, but this reads like you need a parking ticket. I fired off an email and will post if I get a response. I'll just show up at 9PM with my ticket and see what happens :):)

Since our court is named after Fordham grad Dick Tarrant, age 95, who played at Rose Hill that in itself gives it a redeeming quality. Vince Lombardi was the freshman coach and later assistant varsity coach. Yes there was a day when you had to be at least a sophomore to play varsity basketball.

Practicing in the Millhiser may help when playing in smaller arenas like Rose Hill. Maybe Coach Mooney can pull out the measuring tape and measure the Rose Hill floor like in Hoosiers and say "I think you'll find this has the exact same measurements as our gym back in Richmond."

practicing at Millhiser? What is this 1950.... The QAC is probably bigger than Rose Hill.

There is still a semblance of a court under there!

10_QAC_Interior-scaled.jpg

Believe there is public parking lot for Bronx Zoo. In past on a weekend game I parked on the street across from the entrance to the zoo and it was a quick walk to Rose Hill. I do feel like the on campus parking is very limited. Am taking train bc of the weeknight.
I believe that is the Botanical Garden parking not zoo but it is right off of Southern Blvd.

Since our court is named after Fordham grad Dick Tarrant, age 95, who played at Rose Hill that in itself gives it a redeeming quality. Vince Lombardi was the freshman coach and later assistant varsity coach. Yes there was a day when you had to be at least a sophomore to play varsity basketball.
Vince Lombardi coached him in basketball at St Cecelia’s in Englewood NJ. Not sure about a Fordham connection but I am guessing Tarrant came with a strong endorsement from the former football star and coach.

Reactions: spider fan
I kinda like it. It’s not like Lasalle’s. Has character at least. I’ve seen a game there I do agree it seems lot darker than most gyms. Hopefully our NYC alums come out.
A10 didn't do many favors for NYC alums at ~7 pm on a weeknight in The Bronx. I like when they're the Saturday noon or 2 pm game at Rose Hill personally. Go Spiders!

Reactions: Spider-Law
The spread is down to 1.5 points. Fordham at home is a much more difficult team to beat, but I think our team will be coming in to make a statement.

The fordham broadcast always stinks. The camera angle is super funky because of the size of the gym. And now they’re not even going to show us a replay while the refs review this play for several minutes?

Reactions: Dr. Spidey
Kind of disappointed to only be up 9 at half after being up 13. Need to tighten up on defense. Offense is cooking

Up by 9 on the road at half.

I will take it. Need to come out strong right away in the second half and not give the Rams any momentum. Quinn-Bailey combo on the back door cuts working well. King and Hunt taking care of the ball and shooting well. Nice to see some scoring contributions off the bench in the first half.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Well I happen to think that the broadcasters have been more than fair to Richmond and I find them entertaining.
I agree they have not been biased. My gripe was they had no ability to get any info from the ref, so essentially it’s like an informed fan is calling the game from their couch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT