ADVERTISEMENT

Did going to Nova help Burton

I-M-UR

Graduate Assistant
Mar 10, 2006
Seeing that Gohlke, The tree point shooter, from Oakland is possibly leaving Oakland and going to get $250,000 in NIL money at a power school. I was wondering if Burton helped himself going to Nova? Was it a NIL deal? Thoughts?

Reactions: urfan1
According to 80sFan I saw on another thread - Burton got $525,000.00. Not going to quibble about the $ amount but sdad basically backed that up on here with recent posts. So yes, it helped him. Unless he was going to get similar from UR.

Seeing that Gohlke, The tree point shooter, from Oakland is possibly leaving Oakland and going to get $250,000 in NIL money at a power school. I was wondering if Burton helped himself going to Nova? Was it a NIL deal? Thoughts?

Where did u see that? Thought he was already a grad transfer at Oakland and out of eligibility.

There is already a Burton thread on this.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
the move didn't help Burton with his NBA dreams. the pre-NBA draft process told him what to work on (not rocket science there). he pressumably worked on it but didn't noticeably improve it.

but then ... staying here probably would not have helped either. for one thing, he got to learn from different coaches. being told the same thing for 4 years doesn't always help you grow. a different perspective can help. he got pushed against top competition every night. and he got paid. not a bad financial start to his career.

Where did u see that? Thought he was already a grad transfer at Oakland and out of eligibility.

There is already a Burton thread on this.
Right to both - Gohlke has no eligibility left .. but in my opinion as he should be doing is working various opportunities to setup additional sponsorships etc based the great publicity he got last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT