ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita isn’t Lawrence - Wichita State Game Thread - Wed 7:30 ESPN +

Unless it’s end of shot clock Bigs needs to be told not to take these 3s. It’s close to a turnover. He’s open for a reason. Take a big dribble in, drive all way to hoop (since he shoots great from FT line), or pass.

Noyes got two minutes and I guess Mooney saw enough. They weren’t good minutes but at least he has some size

Noyes got two minutes and I guess Mooney saw enough. They weren’t good minutes but at least he has some size

He’s not being assertive & I’m not against the old Bob knight motivation of “ass meet bench/bench retain ass”…but still strange. Far from the time to shine expanded role expected by Moon himself. Got to work him in.

Quinn keeps helping so much defensively that it’s leaving one of their bigs completely unimpeded for offensive rebounds

Agree that Noyes first 2-minutes were not well played. But, He received the Mooney burial tonight, and he was never exhumed. I fear that it is now likely to be a wasted season for him from here on out. Down and/or disappeared is not the direction the team needs him to go.

Spiders will not be better if Noyes is kicked to the curb by Mooney.

Agree that Noyes first 2-minutes were not well played. But, He received the Mooney burial tonight, and he was never exhumed. I fear that it is now likely to be a wasted season for him from here on out. Down and/or disappeared is not the direction the team needs him to go.

Spiders will not be better if Noyes is kicked to the curb by Mooney.
I disagree, Noyes will have an opportunity on Saturday to get his grove back.

I turned game off but did CM ever call a TO in the second half as they built their big lead?
Yes, he called one at 12:45 after the Shockers had an 8–0 run to push the lead from 3 to 11.

Not sure how much it helped, as the Shockers got a steal and a bucket right after that and then there was a TV timeout.

We steadied a bit after that, but then they gradually opened the margin further.

Reactions: spiderman
One of my biggest wishes for a Mooney team is very simple: Surprise me! Do something unexpected! On the positive side, we have four blowout wins, which despite the level of competition WAS unexpected. So that’s a start.

But losing a game like this was completely predictable. At some point, you need to win road games against middling competition. You just have to do it. Especially in OOC series, and especially when you blew your own home court opportunity against them the year before

Reactions: 97spiderfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT