ADVERTISEMENT

Davidson Game #2 thread - 6pm Sat -ESPN+ (Alumni invited back)

In the meantime, where is this Skrocki interview that everyone is referencing? And does anyone know which players from that team were actually on the court Saturday? I wish they would have introduced them by name.

I also wish we would go back to the days of inviting all the returning players onto the court at halftime.

We had some great guys as coaches/PE teachers back in that early 1970s era. Fred Hardy, Dick Humbert, Jordan, McNeil, Norris Eastman, Chuck Boone ... I remember Dr. Jordan, whose daughter dated one of my dorm friends, always called us Pi Kapper Alpher.

I have been told they don't play Hardyball in UR intramurals anymore. Wow, that was the most fun game I've ever played. Wonder if they still use a Chicago-style 16-inch softball in intramurals? That was like throwing a shotput.
needed some elective hours to fill a graduation requirement and decided to take Theory of Coaching Football taught by Coach Humbert...no term paper was required, but the most difficult assignment I ever had was scouting a football game at City Stadium after the tailgate in the middle of the fraternity section!

then there was the time Coach Hardy took the entire PE class to the high jump pit to try to find someone to high jump for his track squad...I think I went out of the competition at 30 inches!

good memories and men!

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT