ADVERTISEMENT

Khwan Fore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staring down year 14 of Mooney and the second year in a row we won’t have a senior who is a major contributor.

Where there is smoke, there is almost always fire. In this case the rumors were substantiated.

But what does it say about the state of our program that a kid who will be a senior leader and more than likely would be playing 35+ minutes per game would rather take his chances on going to another school where he may only play a few minutes per game?

It tells me that he is extremely dissatisfied with how things have gone and where he thinks things are going for Spider basketball.

I do like Kwan, and wish him nothing but the best.

And I hope this doesn't become a trend...

Where there is smoke, there is almost always fire. In this case the rumors were substantiated.

But what does it say about the state of our program that a kid who will be a senior leader and more than likely would be playing 35+ minutes per game would rather take his chances on going to another school where he may only play a few minutes per game?

It tells me that he is extremely dissatisfied with how things have gone and where he thinks things are going for Spider basketball.

I do like Kwan, and wish him nothing but the best.

And I hope this doesn't become a trend...
I think the tweet above explains a lot. he'll look to find a great college situation. if he doesn't find that, he'll look to play professionally. I'd think his athleticism would play very successfully at the point overseas.

It's just sad that a program like ours has fallen to the point at which a senior team leader who would play as many minutes as he wanted to next year is choosing to leave to go play for a program where he knows he has a better chance to win.

This is something that happens at Fordham but it should never happen at Richmond. We should be the type of school that is attracting solid grad transfers like this, not losing them. When's the last time a fifth-year senior starter left Dayton? Rhode Island? VCU? (Hamdy excluded, because there was a coaching change). it simply doesn't happen at top programs in this league.

Mooney has a lot to explain here.

It's just sad that a program like ours has fallen to the point at which a senior team leader who would play as many minutes as he wanted to next year is choosing to leave to go play for a program where he knows he has a better chance to win.

VERY SAD!

This is something that happens at Fordham but it should never happen at Richmond. We should be the type of school that is attracting solid grad transfers like this, not losing them. When's the last time a fifth-year senior starter left Dayton? Rhode Island? VCU? (Hamdy excluded, because there was a coaching change). it simply doesn't happen at top programs in this league.

I'm not sold on the fact that it's about winning, Eight. unless someone here heard that.
maybe he's looking to be a primary point somewhere. he'll have to if he's to play professionally in Europe. let's see where he lands. if it's some P5 superpower where he'll have a smaller role and still be a 2, then yes I guess it's strictly to win. but I'm doubting it.

I agree with Spiderman - I bet he looks to jump on with another program, likely one that has a shot at the NCAA tourney next season (power 5 conference and he can be a role player off the bench) or maybe he looks to lower ranks and more mid-majors schools where maybe he can be a starter, have a strong year and make the NCAA as well as build a resume for a career overseas. Wish him the best, and hopefully this doesn't set UR back too much either for our NCAA run in 2 more years.

I'm not sold on the fact that it's about winning, Eight. unless someone here heard that.
maybe he's looking to be a primary point somewhere. he'll have to if he's to play professionally in Europe. let's see where he lands. if it's some P5 superpower where he'll have a smaller role and still be a 2, then yes I guess it's strictly to win. but I'm doubting it.
He's definitely not transferring somewhere else because he wants to lose more, I can assure you of that. He would have been as featured here as on any program in the country at this level. He wants to win.

My honest belief is that he is tired of Mooney ball and tired of losing. Hopefully we can find a grad transfer guard that can play. Otherwise we will be counting on Buck and Gilyard 40 minutes a night, if they don't transfer. If we can get Bryce and a guard equal to Khwan we will be OK.
If not.....

tick

tock

tick.......................

And we just got younger and lost depth and our best on ball defender. What’s the excuse going to be next year?

Should we just recycle the ones from this year?

What professional league is going to offer him a sizable contract? Khwan might test the NBA draft waters but I doubt he heads overseas.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Is his cheerleading girlfriend graduating and moving out of town? One with a decent basketball school?

this is what I and many Spiders fans will miss with Khwan's departure...others have already done a good job reminding us of the other strong skills he brought to the court...

I thank him for his career at Richmond and wish him the best of luck wherever his next stop may be...

also hoping Coach Mooney and staff are scouring America and the world for a replacement who can compete at the A-10 level immediately...

Go Khwan! Go Spiders!

Reactions: KWeaver
Originally my assessment was he wanted to transfer to a program with a high probability of making the tournament. JOCs quote from CM indicates playing pro first, and alternately another year collegiately. I now think he’s just ready to move on.

Maybe not that interested in school, or our program, or the effort to stay eligible for either. But I don’t think it’s about a burning desire to make the tournament. If it was, playing pro would not be a primary reason behind departing.

Reactions: spiderman

CM will be given a pass. Those who hold CM to reasonable expectations will probably be blamed for KF leaving due to posts on a message board. ;)

CM will be given a pass. Those who hold CM to reasonable expectations will probably be blamed for KF leaving due to posts on a message board. ;)
This is sadly not far from the truth. Mooney is already using the "he might go pro" excuse that he culled from this board.

Reactions: wr70beh

Yep. Just like Bryce recommitting to Pitt will be blamed on disgruntled ticker buyers ... and the best grad transfer we can land will have averaged 2 points a game due to the mean folks in the admissions office ... and the twitter mob will do this ... and ....

I wish the luck for him. Why Coach could not never help his left hand dribble?. Three bounce most then pickup like Taylor. If I was opposite coach I would turn him left and run and jump for turnover all game. On defense we overplay too soon the dribble and never can high ball screen guard cover ball side corner after switch with this. I like double the ball then pick up roll to basket .The pass the player switchswitch makes easy passing because never a surprise is waiting . I hope Mr Bryce is soon coming

Sorry ballers.A potential 20 win season just disappeared.Maybe now 14-15 wins with a soft OOC.

This cannot help with convincing Bryce in becoming a Spider.

Hope I’m wrong on all counts.

Last edited:
I have always liked Khwan and certainly will miss him suiting up as a Spider.

I imagine the end of season meeting between CM and KF was a tough one. Even with Khwan’s skill set and considerable experience, perhaps CM gave no guarantees to KF he would start next fall. Maybe the odd man out ...

In any case, best of luck to Khwan! ‘05 — you mentioned UGA? Aside from Crean as new hire, why?

Reactions: bb3831
Don't even understand the thinking or logic of having a grad transfer rule? What is the point? Didn't the previous system of 4 years of eligibility provide enough playing time?

We will sweep VCU again next year. Mooney owns Rhoades. Can’t wait to see their dumpster burning when they miss the tournament again next year.

We just got younger and lost our most athletic player. Buckingham, Sherod, Gilyard and Golden. I guess Cayo and JJ will battle for the final spot. With about four new players coming in next year. Look how young this team is again speech. Khwan came along real strong at the end. Losing a double digit scorer is only going to make winning even harder.

I feel this thing is crumbling for Moon, it is slipping away. He cashed another 100,000 check today ( I don't blame him he likes to see the check and not use direct deposit), but instead of his usual Caramel Machiatto Triple Latte, he went with a .99 coffee. I fear it is slipping away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT