ADVERTISEMENT

Bigelow Spiders All-time best Free throw shooter?

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
Bigelow made 85.3% of free throws last year and 84.8% this year, which has improved to an incredible 89.5% in conference play. The Career Free Throw percentage leader for U of R is Darien Brothers at 84.4%. However, to qualify a player needs to have a minimum of 200 attempts, which he does, but not at Richmond. As a Spider he only has 141 attempts.

He has also transformed his 3 point shooting from last year when most of us cringed every time he threw it up. This year he is shooting 40% and has turned into a valuable offensive player. BTW, with his athleticism and being strong at many aspects of the game, he might have a shot one day of making the NBA.

One of the biggest surprises this year has been the outstanding play of our mid-sized forwards on both offence and defense. Even when Bigelow and Bailey are out of the game we have gotten solid play by Harris. Although Harris doesn't shoot that much, he is shooting 56% from 3s, 85.7% three throw and 51% over all. Maybe he should stop passing the ball and shoot more?

Last edited:
SF, why can I find a football record book and a women’s basketball record book for the Spiders but not men’s basketball?

Ummm, you don't talk about guys FT shooting out loud or online when it is this good. I will blame this thread for any misses by Bigs rest of the year.
Sorry, but I don't buy that. Bigs has done a great job and deserves a lot of praise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT