ADVERTISEMENT

A-10 Tournament

THE GREAT DARON HOLMES WHO COULDN'T POSSIBLY STOOP SO LOW AS TO SHARE THE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD WITH JORDAN KING...has 3 points and 3 rebounds at halftime.

Finished with 24 and 13. But in a loss. Dayton been so very far from a juggernaut. But I’d trade places with them in a heartbeat.

I hope Duquesne wins it all. They deserve.

But VCU overwhelming favorite. The 10-1 is probably 1.5 to 1 now. No DraftKings I’m not taking an early cash out.

Reactions: spider23
Finished with 24 and 13. But in a loss. Dayton been so very far from a juggernaut. But I’d trade places with them in a heartbeat.

I hope Duquesne wins it all. They deserve.

But VCU overwhelming favorite. The 10-1 is probably 1.5 to 1 now. No DraftKings I’m not taking an early cash out.
I agree, but ST Joe lost at the STU by 4, 18 days ago, it is possible Saturday May be interesting.

Reactions: urfan1
curse of the seed, all 4 seeded teams lose in quarters, never seen that happen before.
The announcers in the Dayton game said the teams with the double byes were at a disadvantage, because of the sightlines in the Barclay Center. Apparently it throws off players depth perception. The seating behind the baskets were pitch black.

The announcers in the Dayton game said the teams with the double byes were at a disadvantage, because of the sightlines in the Barclay Center. Apparently it throws off players depth perception. The seating behind the baskets were pitch black.

So the depth perception is the same at every a10 tourney venue. Heck even in AC u were looking at some weird murals in background. By all means I guess we can shoot for future 5 or 6 seeds. that will surely advance the program.

We played hard and I loved every guy on this team. We did not play well or consistently today. Neal was great on offense. The team played 16 great defensive minutes to start the game. The rest was meh and SJU ran one play to get one player open again and again. It sucked that we could not figure out how to defend it, nor how to run a play to get our own star look after look after look. (Or just go thru Neal nonstop - but not to be a facilitator, but a shooter.)

Alright clearly I differ from a bunch of ppl here so I’m out for a good while.

I don't know if my heart can take hearing their name on Selection Sunday again after the season we just had.

Get ready. Vcu now favorite at +200. I was close I predicted +150. Wide wide open access to ncaa. But we sold as my kids say. Could have been us. Should have been us. We’d be salivating. Friday would have been a magnificent day. Just watching other bball games relaxing & feeling pretty good about a coronation on the weekend. Instead we get feel good stories about 1 year anniversaries coming back to coach in A10. Vcu laughing at us. That’s what little ol’ Richmond gets. Little ol’ Richmond can’t be expected to make more than 1 ncaa in the last 13 years. Stick em with the warm & fuzzies they’ll be fine with it.

• Sad
Reactions: 8legs1dream
curse of the seed, all 4 seeded teams lose in quarters, never seen that happen before.

Have not posted all year. Not here to gloat. This will be my only post.

You got caught by the curse of the net cutters and court stormers. You don't rush the court when you are in first place and beat a conference foe, and the same with the nets. The Championship is at the Tournament. Act like you have been there.

Thanks to all the UR fans that bought my season tickets each game. The run you guys had made helped those ticket values go up. Once again, I made a profit on those tickets.

I was at your game in Brooklyn. I have reserve seats and sat with a lot of UR fans. Some great people. I kind felt bad for them when the game ended. A few of them cheered for VCU.

Your coach lost that game for you. Ten point lead in the second half and he pulls all his players except for King? Then that no talent bench gives up the lead and gives St. Joe's all the momentum they need to pull off the upset? Sorry, he needs to go. Sorry, they won't fire him.

Got to run. Love the day off in Brooklyn. Too much to do here. We are trying to get tickets for the Big East games over at MSG. Or we will just enjoy the weather and stick to Brooklyn.

See you next year.

“Your coach lost that game for you.”
Well that’s an easy observation for almost 20 years.
Good luck I hope you take it all so maybe our AD, who acts like the emperor has no clothes, will one day, hopefully in my lifetime..and Ricks, realize the absolute absurdity of the of leadership of our supposed flagship program.
Oh and to those who celebrate a twenty win season, well that and $2.04 will get you a cup of coffee at the 711. A twenty win season and an NCAA bid gets the school close to a million between the NCAa payout, the exposure and the swag sale!

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Hey Rick, STFU up. You are here to gloat with your holier-than-thou attitude and veiled criticisms masquerading as compliments. We cut down the nets because we had never won the league before. Quite literally, we hadn't been there before. We celebrated something worth celebrating. It wasn't why we lost a game yesterday. In case you hadn't noticed, all the top 4 teams lost, because that's basketball and anything can happen in one game. The other teams didn't all cut nets down last week, so what was their excuse?

We had a great season and get to keep playing basketball next week.

Thank you Rick for the kind words. Best of luck to VCU in the A10 tournament, and hopefully the NCAA. I would hope that you go so far that an ACC team comes calling for Odom. But I won't wish for that because you will probably get someone just as good or better. And Odom seems like an OK guy - though I would be good with Will Wade coming back. With NIL he could do everything out in the open now. And oh yes, Will Wade is dancing.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Thank you Rick for the kind words. Best of luck to VCU in the A10 tournament, and hopefully the NCAA. I would hope that you go so far that an ACC team comes calling for Odom. But I won't wish for that because you will probably get someone just as good or better. And Odom seems like an OK guy - though I would be good with Will Wade coming back. With NIL he could do everything out in the open now. And oh yes, Will Wade is dancing.
Will Wade is a scum bag that will go outside the rules where ever he goes.

Reactions: Ram Bal
I still don’t get how Dayton gamed the system into having a guaranteed at large. Teams of note they beat in OOC: LSU (mid tier SEC), St John’s (mid tier big east), SMU (mid tier AAC), and Cincy (low tier big 12). The only of those games that was a blowout was Cincy, so it’s not like all those games should have been huge NET boosters. They lost to northwestern and Houston, the only two great games on their schedule. They beat up on a few cupcakes.

Obviously losing only 2 games OOC is good, but they lost their games against at large teams, and then proceeded to lose every big game they played in A10 play (aside from barely beating the 5th best team in the conference in OT at home). And the Dayton fans have become insufferable acting like they’re far and away the best in the A10. Will enjoy watching them get destroyed in the first round of the tourney.

I don't know why there's an assumption that we're still working with Lunardi. That was years ago and I haven't heard anything other than message board assumptions since.

I don't know why there's an assumption that we're still working with Lunardi. That was years ago and I haven't heard anything other than message board assumptions since.
Because people can't let a tasty straw-man narrative die, that's why.

I still don’t get how Dayton gamed the system into having a guaranteed at large. Teams of note they beat in OOC: LSU (mid tier SEC), St John’s (mid tier big east), SMU (mid tier AAC), and Cincy (low tier big 12). The only of those games that was a blowout was Cincy, so it’s not like all those games should have been huge NET boosters. They lost to northwestern and Houston, the only two great games on their schedule. They beat up on a few cupcakes.

Obviously losing only 2 games OOC is good, but they lost their games against at large teams, and then proceeded to lose every big game they played in A10 play (aside from barely beating the 5th best team in the conference in OT at home). And the Dayton fans have become insufferable acting like they’re far and away the best in the A10. Will enjoy watching them get destroyed in the first round of the tourney.
So they have one win against a team that will likely Make the tournament in St. John’s which is the same number of wins we have against teams that will make the tournament (Dayton). Also beat all the teams Dayton lost to as well in conference but somehow they’re a lock for an at large and we’re not even close? Ya the net is a broken system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT