ADVERTISEMENT

Expect to win

712LLC

Silver Member
Mar 4, 2024
Figured I’d create a thread about this because it’s obviously very relevant. We all know what we need to do this week and that’s win at least a couple games to have a shot at getting in but screw that, let’s just win the tournament outright. I know I may get criticized for this but it seemed after the st joes game that we were acting like we won the national title by winning the regular season. It was a big deal but we have bigger and better goals to chase than that because tbh if we don’t make the tournament it doesn’t really matter. Also saw a lot of talk about how you can’t possibly leave the A10 regular season champ out if we get bounced in the league tournament almost as if we’re just assuming we’re not gonna win the thing. I agree we shouldn’t be left out but unfortunately that’s just not the way it is. Instead let’s just not even leave it up to anyone and go in with the opposite attitude where we’re the big dog on the block and that no one is beating us on our way to winning the league title this week. We went 15-3 in a very good league, won a lot of close games against solid teams so we know we can get this done.

One of my biggest criticisms of mooney has been that I think he’s kind of soft and I think a lot of times the team reflects that attitude. I’m challenging this program this week then by saying that. I’m sure some players and coaches read this board and I hope they see what I just said. Prove me wrong. I know they have the talent and ability to win 3 games this week so ain’t nothing to it but to do it. Don’t go in scared, nervous and thinking about what happens if we don’t win the tournament. Go in play loose, free, with intensity that we’ve seen this year and there’s no doubt in my mind that trophy is coming back to the University Of Richmond. Expect to win guys! 🔴🔵

Reactions: WCUR11
So just want to get it straight -- if for whatever reason it doesn't happen, it's your position now that it will be entirely Mooney's fault because he is reflecting an attitude that suggests we think we have it made and we are in, and are now complacent?

Figured I’d create a thread about this because it’s obviously very relevant. We all know what we need to do this week and that’s win at least a couple games to have a shot at getting in but screw that, let’s just win the tournament outright. I know I may get criticized for this but it seemed after the st joes game that we were acting like we won the national title by winning the regular season. It was a big deal but we have bigger and better goals to chase than that because tbh if we don’t make the tournament it doesn’t really matter. Also saw a lot of talk about how you can’t possibly leave the A10 regular season champ out if we get bounced in the league tournament almost as if we’re just assuming we’re not gonna win the thing. I agree we shouldn’t be left out but unfortunately that’s just not the way it is. Instead let’s just not even leave it up to anyone and go in with the opposite attitude where we’re the big dog on the block and that no one is beating us on our way to winning the league title this week. We went 15-3 in a very good league, won a lot of close games against solid teams so we know we can get this done.

One of my biggest criticisms of mooney has been that I think he’s kind of soft and I think a lot of times the team reflects that attitude. I’m challenging this program this week then by saying that. I’m sure some players and coaches read this board and I hope they see what I just said. Prove me wrong. I know they have the talent and ability to win 3 games this week so ain’t nothing to it but to do it. Don’t go in scared, nervous and thinking about what happens if we don’t win the tournament. Go in play loose, free, with intensity that we’ve seen this year and there’s no doubt in my mind that trophy is coming back to the University Of Richmond. Expect to win guys! 🔴🔵
I hear what you’re saying… but what makes you think anyone on this team is soft? When has this team appeared soft? I challenge you to tell those players they are soft. I know mine isn’t and sure as heck don’t think DLo, Zay, Kel, Jordan, Neal, Mike or any of those on the bench are. This isn’t an angry response, I’m sincerely responding. These guys aren’t that and can assure you they do expect to win. Do we really think kids that have worked their whole lives to be in this spot will not be ready to play? I think the things you mentioned maybe just on us the fans and not necessarily on the players. But I’m still like you I know we can do it, we’ve proved it all season. 🕷️🏀

I am always nervous about the A10 tournament. Think we got a tough draw and CMs track record isn't good when it comes to advancing out of the quarter finals. That said, this team has beaten the odds all year. I hope they do it again!

The season did not end the way anyone wanted it to on Saturday. Dayton yahoos think that's evidence that King didn't deserve POY. Loyola yahoos think it means they won the league. vcu yahoos think we were a bunch of meanies for booing Nelson.

Lots of extra motivation to shut a lot of people up starting Thursday. I think this team will be ready.

Last edited:
The season did not end the way anyone wanted it to on Saturday. Dayton yahoos think that's evidence that King didn't deserve POY. Loyola yahoos think it means they won the league. vcu yahoos think we were a bunch of meanies for booing Nelson.

Lots of extra motivation to shut a lot of people up starting Thursday. I think this team will be ready.
Well Holmes had a couple of games like King, I guess he didn’t deserve him”poy” either! They both deserved their due respect!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT