ADVERTISEMENT

Predict our A-10 game results

What will be interesting is that I think we have a chance to get off to a good start in A10 play.

The Bonnies will be a tough opener, but given the game is at home - that is a winnable game.
Then we get the @Loyola, Mason at home, and @ Duquesne. I picked us to go 2-2 in that stretch, but we could be 3-1 or 4-0 as that is not a tough opening round of games. If we go 4-0 - look out. Raises, extensions, bubble talk for NCAA tourney.
Trap with the prediction that came true record wise. The Forum hasn’t quite broken into bubble talk, but there have been lots of NET discussions 😀

This made me laugh out loud. Yes, that would be great, but I'd put my money on us being 2-2 after the first 4.
97’s response to Trap’s forecast is the most notable to date. Hopefully no money lost yet or you may be looking for alternative food sources. /s

Reactions: urfan1
There is lots of time left, but if I'm 4700, maybe I at least do some price checks on the current price of crow.
Because I doubted Dji's game his 1st 3 years here, you certainly could have found plenty of posts of mine to reply like you did here, but my one and only post on this thread? His 1st 13 games before I posted this, Dji was 3-11 from 3. His last 4 after my post, he is 5-9. I was asking for more of a 3 point game to go with his minutes played, and that has happened. Not sure why that is crow worthy, but whatever.

I think 97 was saying you could make him eat crow for his prediction on the start of the season for UR, but maybe I'm mistaken. That's how I read it.
I guess u could be right. Since he put my name in his post, I assumed he was talking about my post a few before that one...but from a couple weeks ago.

What will be interesting is that I think we have a chance to get off to a good start in A10 play.

The Bonnies will be a tough opener, but given the game is at home - that is a winnable game.
Then we get the @Loyola, Mason at home, and @ Duquesne. I picked us to go 2-2 in that stretch, but we could be 3-1 or 4-0 as that is not a tough opening round of games. If we go 4-0 - look out. Raises, extensions, bubble talk for NCAA tourney.
This post aged very well. Well done!!

We were very unlucky in how our out of conference home/verses away games ended up, with a hard away schedule and easy home schedule. The complete opposite is the case with in conference games, where our home schedule is harder than our away schedule. As a result, Kenpom currently has us favored in all but three games for the rest of the season, with a final 2nd place finish at 13-5.

When we beat Dayton at home and other games go as predicted by Pomeroy, we will tie Dayton at the end and get top seed. King, Hunt and Harris are all making a difference along with Dji.

My next predictions - and giving myself no outs here.

Mooney will win A10 coach of the year.
Since the court is already named for Tarrant, and the arena is Robins Center. The Head Coach job will be named after Mooney when he retires from Richmond in 15 years. And he will become the A10 all time leader in Wins - passing Martelli and Chaney.

In future years - it will be called - The Chris Mooney Head Basketball Coach Position.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
I guess u could be right. Since he put my name in his post, I assumed he was talking about my post a few before that one...but from a couple weeks ago.
Nope was calling myself out. I predicted we would go 10-8 in conference and said if we overachieved on that, y'all could tar and feather me/make me eat crow. Each passing game makes that more likely.

It is likely we will hit a rough patch in the A10 play at some point. But you can't argue with the good start and being 5-0 which gives us some cushion.

I see two spots with concern. Upcoming 4 games where we go GW, Dayton, @Fordham, @VCU. GW will be tough, but that is the game we got to win. Cause then comes Dayton, @Fordham which generally we just don't play well up there for some reason, then @VCU. This could be a 1-3 type four game stretch, but more likely 2-2 which would be fine for this group.

Next stretch of concern would be @GW, @URI, Davidson, @St. Louis. 3 road games in 4 games is scary enough. Then mix in Davidson at home - and its a tough stretch. Another 2-2 there would be great.

And of course the main concern is injury. King is our catalyst. And of course - any team losing their best player would go down, but I think without him - we fall off a cliff. Lucky for us - he has been playing at a high level in the A10 so far. Will he have a bad game here or there - sure. And maybe those end in losses. But if he continues like this - he will get A10 POY consideration. And if we can keep him on the floor - this team has a shot.

Reactions: spiderman
It is likely we will hit a rough patch in the A10 play at some point. But you can't argue with the good start and being 5-0 which gives us some cushion.

I see two spots with concern. Upcoming 4 games where we go GW, Dayton, @Fordham, @VCU. GW will be tough, but that is the game we got to win. Cause then comes Dayton, @Fordham which generally we just don't play well up there for some reason, then @VCU. This could be a 1-3 type four game stretch, but more likely 2-2 which would be fine for this group.

Next stretch of concern would be @GW, @URI, Davidson, @St. Louis. 3 road games in 4 games is scary enough. Then mix in Davidson at home - and its a tough stretch. Another 2-2 there would be great.

And of course the main concern is injury. King is our catalyst. And of course - any team losing their best player would go down, but I think without him - we fall off a cliff. Lucky for us - he has been playing at a high level in the A10 so far. Will he have a bad game here or there - sure. And maybe those end in losses. But if he continues like this - he will get A10 POY consideration. And if we can keep him on the floor - this team has a shot.
One game at a time. Losing to GW at home would be disappointing and surprising given UR’s start in A10, and GW 143 NET.
Momentum is a powerful thing. Winninv breeds winning.

Got through GW. Sets up a big matchup with Dayton. Gonna need King to probably get 30 like he did against GW to have a shot. Winning obviously would be great, but I think as long as we don't get blown out - lose by 12-14 or more, then its moving up.

I don't think we win this one, but I think it will be close and comes down to the last 2 minutes. But Dayton pulls away and wins by 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT