ADVERTISEMENT

A-10 Tournament

I just use this argument when it comes up that we are a small school and the reason we can't pack the Robins Center with students or alumni is because the large majority of our alumni are from the Northeast and migrate back to the Northeast for work after graduating. So here we are - we have a #1 team, the player of the year and the coach of the year - and we are already explaining why fans won't show up.

I just use this argument when it comes up that we are a small school and the reason we can't pack the Robins Center with students or alumni is because the large majority of our alumni are from the Northeast and migrate back to the Northeast for work after graduating. So here we are - we have a #1 team, the player of the year and the coach of the year - and we are already explaining why fans won't show up.

Small school. That's it. Nothing to do with where students come from or where they go.

Our sports culture is not great but that could be mitigated somewhat by size.

The early morning (yes this is early morning for college students) game, cavernous arena, etc scares me - I think just makes it all the more of a wild card, almost like a scrimmage setting. Obviously a ton at stake, and its a level playing field for both teams - but just seems that could add to variance and difficulty shooting. Need to bring our A game defensively and not settle for only 3's. Need to get easy buckets too.

Reactions: gospidersgo
GooMoo and SJU are underway. Greer is playing for the Hawks. I can't root for injuries (at least publicly), so I will just say that I hope this game is very physical, very long, and causes everyone to be quite sore and slow tomorrow.

Mason looks horrendous so far.

The early morning (yes this is early morning for college students) game, cavernous arena, etc scares me - I think just makes it all the more of a wild card, almost like a scrimmage setting. Obviously a ton at stake, and its a level playing field for both teams - but just seems that could add to variance and difficulty shooting. Need to bring our A game defensively and not settle for only 3's. Need to get easy buckets too.

we might be one of the lowest 1-8 seed favorites ever. I don't know if they have stats on that, but could likely be up there. Aren't getting much respect from anyone and that will include Vegas. We'll see maybe I'll get surprised. Spread probably a little higher if Joes vs. goo moos.

I thought I preferred SJU too, but... if they get hot like this, they're trouble for anyone. And they are just going to keep bombing away from three, so they are probably never out of a game.

Reactions: Ram Bal and urfan1
For a minute it looked like GMU was having the same day they had against VCU. That was 0-15 from three…

No place can hold the 2500 nyc UR alums expected to descend on Brooklyn thursday morning for french pastries.
If we win on Thursday, there will be "official" alum events for Saturday's game...and other weekend games... let's give them two days of weekend work ;-)

JUST WIN!

Reactions: urfan1
St. Joe’s is having a meltdown. 8-0 Mason run has them only down 3 with 54 seconds left. This has been a super entertaining game

Reynolds for SJU appears to be injured, and Greer got banged up and was hobbling, but has stayed in.

Edit: Reynolds back in for the end and SJU wins 64-57.

I thought I preferred SJU too, but... if they get hot like this, they're trouble for anyone. And they are just going to keep bombing away from three, so they are probably never out of a game.
I hear you but still believe on balance we matchup better with them than GM. We just can’t give them uncontested 3’s which is a no no. They hit 10 3’s I believe. Repeat - must guard their 3 point shooters. If we play our game and get contributions from several players we will win.

The way we approached them last week was a good plan, and if we can do that again, I like our odds. Of course they didn't have Greer, but I feel it's more likely that he replaces someone else's points, rather than adds to them.

The way we approached them last week was a good plan, and if we can do that again, I like our odds. Of course they didn't have Greer, but I feel it's more likely that he replaces someone else's points, rather than adds to them.
I am more worried about assists with Greer than points. He may give others more open threes.

Thoughts on vcu/Fordham? Feels like a good spot for Fordham to maybe score the upset - got their feet wet yesterday, vcu on 3 game losing streak, maybe some of their guys moved on from this season mentally already? If we get through St. Joe's tomorrow I'd actually love a chance to end vcu's season, though.

Reactions: Ram Bal and urfan1
Chuckle every time I hear vcu fans and cheerleaders chant, let's go rams.
The one I always chant along with is “uck oo” VCU…

ODU, JMU, and GAmU use that chant too…

Fordham misses the FT to tie with 31 seconds left.

VCU makes last 6 FTs to survive…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT