ADVERTISEMENT

Khwan Fore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason people spell Ododa's name wrong all the time? Is it some sort of passive aggressive slight since he transferred?

I also don't understand the need of some posters to question the value Khwan would bring to a P5 team. He is a very good player that will bring a lot of value to a good team next year. I will be rooting for him.
Looks like Ododa’s sister plays with a lot more energy than he did.

Reactions: ThePhysician
I don’t think the Ododa scenario compares here. That was a guy who was going to lose minutes to TJ and I suspect never had a ton of Mooney’s faith.

CM seems to really like Khwan. He would play a lot of minutes here next year. If leaving, it’s most likely about making the NCAA tournament in his last year, something we aren’t likely to do. I expect if that’s what he cares about, he may not care a ton if he’s a starter or a role player.

I doubt it’s about grad programs as most guys don’t finish those and I also doubt that it’s about being closer to home, considering he’s spent four years here and that doesn’t appear to have been a concern.

Perhaps he’ll change his mind, but if not, UR will release him. I’d still like to keep khwan but if not, I guess the glass half full is we end up with a taller lineup. I know that’s some paper thin silver lining.

if Khwan wishes to be here, i absolutely want him to be here. by the same token, if he stays due to a lack of options or through coaches' cajoling, i don't want him here. it needs to be a win/win and, while we certainly want him, he has to believe his opportunity here is the best for next season. otherwise, this is a lose/lose. his head and heart need to be with us or it doesn't work for either side.

Has Khwan been heard from? A lot of this stuff doesn't make sense and is just wild speculation.
If he really plans on leaving why wouldn't he say so publically?
Maybe he thinks it's an exciting idea, but why wouldn't he say so?

Maybe because it's his decision and the rest of us are idiots.
Yes we are, but what started all of this buzz? Did someone just strat a rumor that has gone wild, or
is there some solid evidence that Khwan is considering leaving.
Maybe all of this is just- yep- March Madness.

Yes we are, but what started all of this buzz? Did someone just strat a rumor that has gone wild, or
is there some solid evidence that Khwan is considering leaving.
Maybe all of this is just- yep- March Madness.

This is all unsubstantiated speculation .
This thread is the most liked on the trending section of the forum. Maybe we shouldn't encourage the speculation.

Reactions: SpiderK
Most seniors don't get homesick and I don't buy that he would want to be a benchwarmer just to get to the NCAA tournament....he could just buy a ticket. What else ya got?

Could it be he doesn't have a lot of faith in the program? If he leaves, along with the Adoda departure and all the recruiting misses,the problem seems to be systemic! The Bryce Golden decision will speak volumes as to the health of the program
one can certainly question the health of the program after a 12 win season, but I personally don't think the Golden decision or any one individual decision speaks to it at all. there are a couple of great reasons why Bryce might end up here. and there are plenty of reasons why he won't. he'll do what he thinks is best for himself as he did when he picked Pitt the 1st time.

departures aren't any more systemic here than they are at the programs of the other 900 kids that will transfer this year.

Well, defections are a bigger issue here, especially a starter when we had very little depth last year.
depth, our record, our poor defense ... all on coach.
but departures happen everywhere.

Solly leaving mid season? that's on Solly. you just don't do that.
Paul? we landed a big man who had some decent options. it didn't work out.
Khwan? not sure what his reason is. maybe it's as simple as some say here that he just wants to win more ... but there are no guarantees.
he's about to go into our record books as a 1,000 point scorer. he gets plenty of time. he has teammates he seems to like. he's at a really good school.
he could do worse.

One of the greatest sports quotes of all-time is from the famous Yankee catcher Yogi Berra "it ain't over till it's over" I hope it is the case here. We can all speculate if it is true and why? The bottom line is everyone on this board wants him to stay.

Whatever decision he makes, I hope he is happy with it in the long run. Another famous quote is "the grass is not always greener" He should take his time and make sure he makes the right decision.

With that said, It would be wonderful to see him lead our team to an A10 Championship and NCAA tournament his final year after all the hard work he has invested in the team.
Sorry to say, but, that is not going to happen in the real world
Said this above, but I see Khwan as a 6th man off the bench at a good BCS program. He probably would get 15-20 mpg in such a role. Khwan can play the point and 2 guard, so I think that would be attractive to a number of teams.
Agree except for the minutes per game. Fore could be a VERY attractive addition to a power team who wanted him to come off the bench in situations were he can exploit his advantages. We don't know whether that role will be satisfactory for Fore or not.

If you look at Khwan's assists to turnover ratio, historically, and for this season, he is not a point guard. He is neither an outstanding passer nor ball-handler. The fact that he is not a great outside shooter also makes him a questionable choice to start at the 2-G spot. I definitely agree that he would make a very solid 6th man or 7th man for a good team, but he is much more likely to be a starter for UR than for a power conference team. I'm guessing he gets 5-12 minutes per game with another team, depending on their depth and talent level.

If he is thinking he will go to a power conference team and start, he may be misjudging his own abilities, similarly to ANO's misjudgement of his talents. It is a shame that players misjudge themselves, but probably to be expected, since coaches and recruiters from other programs probably contribute strongly to this. If Kwan leaves, I am predicting that we have another ANO case, where he does not get many minutes and he ends up very disappointed. Sometimes a player needs to learn the "hard way."

Reactions: SpiderK
Hey everyone! I'm back from my monthlong moderators sponsored vacation! I checked this board here and there while I was gone and had all kinds of adventures over this last month. I had an awesome spring break, went back to school for a couple days and then traveled down to Auburn, Alabama for my buddies graduation from Fort Benning. Did a 10 hour drive down there with three of my best friends from high school and we stayed at Auburn all weekend at my fraternities house down there. Auburn was an awesome place and so was Fort Benning. I was glad my parents let me take two days off of school to go do all that. As my dad says "don't let school get in the way of your education."

Alright so back to basketball. I told y'all we would be seeing players transfer and I knew Kwhan was thinking about it since before the season. I was disappointed to see Tech go out in the first round but it's great to see us on track to keep trending upward, unlike UR basketball. My biggest takeaway from the tournament is that if two private schools Loyola and Villanova can go to the final four and win a national title, then why can't we make the damn NCAA tournament in the last seven years. Coaching is the main reason in my opinion. Look at the coaches from Loyola and Villanova. Wow Porter Moser even though I never heard of him before is such a likeabke guy and an awesome coach! And we all know how great Jay Wright is. To be honest it angers me to see those two schools being so good at basketball. It should make us hungry for the same success. Let's turn this thing around!

I don’t understand why he has to ask for a release if he’s on track to graduate? Do grad transfers have to get a release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT