ADVERTISEMENT

A-10 Tournament

Ford out at SLU, guess he's gotta find his own way home tonight.

We have to win the whole thing. Hate to admit that but that is reality. Whatever sliver of a chance we had before the Mason game is gone now.
We had a very good shot for an at-large before the Mason collapse, but now an at-large is almost certainly blown. So disappointing after such a good season, but time to win the next 3 to make the NCAAs and then keep the run going.

After all, it was either win 3 - @Mason to the finals OR win 3 in the A10 tourny. We're left with the 2nd option, which is slightly tougher. But we are capable and hopefully super f****** hungry!

Welcome to the A-10, Robbie Avila!
I will say Indiana State is starting to annoy me, all the hoops talking heads lobbying for them to get in the tourney. They seem to have a great NET number, despite crappy OOC - basically they played two P6 schools and lost, by 20 to Alabama and by 10 to an overrated Mich State. But they have the Cream Adbdul Jabbar hype game. We really need to have someone other than Lunardi come on and fix our schedule to get in the kenpom and Net game.

I will say Indiana State is starting to annoy me, all the hoops talking heads lobbying for them to get in the tourney. They seem to have a great NET number, despite crappy OOC - basically they played two P6 schools and lost, by 20 to Alabama and by 10 to an overrated Mich State. But they have the Cream Adbdul Jabbar hype game. We really need to have someone other than Lunardi come on and fix our schedule to get in the kenpom and Net game.

1-4 Q1
4-1 Q2
10-0 Q3
12-1 Q4

I guess as long as the majority of your losses are of the Q1 variety that is enough to earn a 27 NET?

• Wow
Reactions: spider23
1-4 Q1
4-1 Q2
10-0 Q3
12-1 Q4

I guess as long as the majority of your losses are of the Q1 variety that is enough to earn a 27 NET?
As a Spider fan, we should want a team like Indiana State in the tournament. They have a very similar profile to us.

Finished first in a good mid major conference (not as good as A-10 though), zero good OOC wins, probably c*ck blocked by BCS teams not wanting to play them, and lost to another another tournament quality team in their conference tournament.

I'd much rather have an Indiana State than a 13 loss Michigan State team that finished 8th in the Big 10 or a 12 loss Wisconsin team that finished the year going 3-8 and yet somehow both of these teams are still in the tournament according to most prognosticators.

• Sad
Reactions: 8legs1dream
If their coach leaves he probably rides on the same train out of town with him.
Probably, but we have a need, he fits that need and our system really well, we recruited him pretty hard initially, sooo. Mooney should be getting ready to send him the TJ Cline mix tape as soon as he hits the portal.

As a Spider fan, we should want a team like Indiana State in the tournament. They have a very similar profile to us.

Finished first in a good mid major conference (not as good as A-10 though), zero good OOC wins, probably c*ck blocked by BCS teams not wanting to play them, and lost to another another tournament quality team in their conference tournament.

I'd much rather have an Indiana State than a 13 loss Michigan State team that finished 8th in the Big 10 or a 12 loss Wisconsin team that finished the year going 3-8 and yet somehow both of these teams are still in the tournament according to most prognosticators.
The WORST thing about March Madness is the smelly P5's that sneak in there as at-larges losing half their games.

So now UMass as the AQ?
A10 gets 2 bids, and all the other teams keep UMass’s money…

Reactions: urfan1
Exactly. See Darius Brown and the other guy at Utah State. Darius Brown now playing in the dance one year at Montana State and the next at Utah State. If the ISU coach goes to SLU my guess that would be his top option.

It makes a lot of sense, you already know and like the coach and you already know and like his system. And in this day and age you get a healthy NIL deposit to go along with it.

Don't you dare Frank the Tank to come up with a genius coaching strategy in the 2nd half :):):):)
But seriously, every one was slam dunking on Odom and how Mooney was outcoaching him this season, and I was cringing. Odom is a proven commodity who was coveted by two schools that would not have looked at Mooney. I am not mad, but sad b/c he will probably have a good run at VCU and then they will hire another good coach. Would really show his coaching chops if Odom gets VCU in the dance this year. His biggest mistake was probably the #RVA recruiting reunion, but I think he may have been late in the portal?

March Sadness

Not 1 drop. If u were on GK’s depressing UR group text thread u would know I called this the lock of the year. Lot of Mooney hate on that thread btw but maybe I run with a different crowd.

I once had an interaction with JOC years ago & he said I must “run with a different crowd”. For me that was the point I knew we had coach 4 life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT