ADVERTISEMENT

Up Next - UMASS

The “good news” is Dayton just laid an egg and lost to Rhode Island so……
My brothers in Christ can we stop trying to spin zone this. We are not good and will we get embarrassed at Dayton just like at home vs Vcu. Get the fry cook out and the program will be saved.

My brothers in Christ can we stop trying to spin zone this. We are not good and will we get embarrassed at Dayton just like at home vs Vcu. Get the fry cook out and the program will be saved.
How old r u…I think he forgot to put that symbol “/s” at end of his post…u must know it like everyone else on here.

we aren’t winning at Dayton. Dayton is 10-1 at home and plays at one of the toughest venues. There is zero chance we are winning at Dayton. We can’t even win at Umass. Mooney has zero time to turn this ship around. Also another date with VCU at the Siegel center.

What happened to the "wedding planner?"

Bet spiderdad didn't know about that tidbit of history...

Damn…sorry & no more needs to be said. I understand if u don’t want to answer this or it’s not exactly applicable but do parents actually talk to college coaches about PT? I have no experience w that but I do w HS athletics & I can tell u the coaches even in hs make clear don’t ask me about your son’s playing time, which I totally get. I’d think college its even less likely. Except maybe during the recruiting process!
No it wasn’t like that or at least what you’re thinking…I also was a school coach so I get it to an extent. But I wouldn’t lie, that’s all.

we aren’t winning at Dayton. Dayton is 10-1 at home and plays at one of the toughest venues. There is zero chance we are winning at Dayton. We can’t even win at Umass. Mooney has zero time to turn this ship around. Also another date with VCU at the Siegel center.
So 8-2 from here on out? ;)

That’s how you do an “/s”

Reactions: GKiller
so when we lose to a terrible team missing two key starters, in their 80% empty arena, whose coach was most recently in the news for wanting to fight his fans what does that say about us?

Pom Pom Mafia, where are you guys hiding? Come on out and tell us that you want 20 more years of this BS and that nobody could possibly achieve more than what your boy ConMoon the snake oil salesman has done

Out of all the things, this TO “strategy” I just don’t get at all.

He should be seen as a mediocre coach. No points in the last 3 minutes, lights were too bright for Chris once again
We literally had Tyler Burton (our NBA player) miss a lay up, then give up 3 offensive rebounds. Then we get 3 offensive rebounds that results in nothing for us. And that’s CM’s fault?

We literally had Tyler Burton (our NBA player) miss a lay up, then give up 3 offensive rebounds. Then we get 3 offensive rebounds that results in nothing for us. And that’s CM’s fault?
When these things happen over and over and over, season after season, you absolutely have to consider that the coach has a role.

It’s actually irrational to not consider it.

Could be. How many minutes did Burton play tonight - maybe he needs some rest in games to be fresh at the end? Where was Bigs during that big run, he’s a pretty good rebounder? Could the timeouts he sat on have helped?

It’s a repeating pattern over years (18 now), different players, same story more often than it should happen.

@urfan1 or @Spiders05 r u now deleting posts that do not violate any established standards on here?

uncool to do that w/o explanation. I think 05 was the Fire Mooney petition guy and that was deleted so guess not shocked. I’m going back to reply & think losing my mind cuz it was just there a min ago. Best to edit if needed & provide your explanation. U guys r great this is not my board & u wont ever hear me whining the free speech nonsense. but I still like coming here in good times & bad but that’s probably best way to drive ppl away. My reply got clocked for zero reason. U guys know this. If u get a chance I’d like to understand what happened & if not that’s ok too. My 2 cents.

Didn’t see the game yet, but looking at the stats we played about as well as we can on offense. 75 points should be enough in the A-10. We just played NO defense and had 24 fouls. The Roach scored 7 points in 9 minutes, why is this kid not taking 10 shots in 20 minutes?????

Reactions: nathanw19
Must be university wide. Ladies up 7 after 3Q at Fordham , lose by 9. No closers on campus.
I actually watched a bit of that game down the stretch (muted awful UMass announcers and watched this on phone). The Fordham students they had announcing the game were excellent. They’ll go far in that business. Did their homework. Opened my eyes up to how big a fraud the women’s team is.

In a second half where we are getting killed on the boards, Roche is out injured, and we can't figure out a way to stop UMass' offense, I need an explanation from Mooney for the following (I fully realize it ain't coming):

- How do we make our last substitution with 8:21 left in the game? Bigelow had 4 fouls but was playing a great overall game last night. Randolph made some nice contributions earlier in the game. Maybe we could've held it together the last 2 minutes of the game if our guys had gotten some rest?

- Why did Dji stay glued to the bench? You're telling me that in a half where we gave up over 50 points he couldn't have made a difference, especially on Diggins who was toasting us. I know his length could have made a difference but we didn't even get to see it tried.

- What is your timeout strategy exactly? We called one after a 7-0 run with 4:27 left when we had just gotten on a little roll. From that point on we got outscored 17-5 the remainder of the game, with some of our best defensive players riding the pine. Your next timeout after 4:27 was not until under 1:00 to go when we had lost control of the game. And of course the obligatory unused timeouts.

UMass was a team on the ropes - missing key players, coach feuding with fanbase, struggling in conference play. We let a bad team hang around and they gained confidence and embarrassed us down the stretch. We should see a postgame press conference with Mooney furious with himself at how this one went down, but we won't.

@urfan1 or @Spiders05 r u now deleting posts that do not violate any established standards on here?

uncool to do that w/o explanation. I think 05 was the Fire Mooney petition guy and that was deleted so guess not shocked. I’m going back to reply & think losing my mind cuz it was just there a min ago. Best to edit if needed & provide your explanation. U guys r great this is not my board & u wont ever hear me whining the free speech nonsense. but I still like coming here in good times & bad but that’s probably best way to drive ppl away. My reply got clocked for zero reason. U guys know this. If u get a chance I’d like to understand what happened & if not that’s ok too. My 2 cents.
Yes, 05 started the petition, but is also all chummy with UR athletic depth folks on Twitter so probably doing his spin. Now I will admit I have had many a post deleted that deserved it, but seems to be an effort to wipe some stuff out that goes too far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT