ADVERTISEMENT

Up Next - UMASS

Dad. Thank you for posting on this board, we all appreciate your perspective. And we also thank you for your restraint, I'm sure its not an easy thing to do. I hope that WHEREVER Dji is in the future, be it here or somewhere else, that he gets the opportunity to grow and showcase his skills. I also hope that he has enjoyed being a student at the University of Richmond. If he decides to go on to greener pastures (and better coaching), I personally hope that you will return to this board from time to time and keep us updated. I've never met you personally but it seems like Dji has a fine father.
SpiderRick
I concur.

3. Wilson and Sal went to the portal. Was that a shame? And, Wilson beat out Dji last year, so doesn't that tell you anything? It seems to me if a guy in year 3 is still frustrated with playing time, and his dad obviously is frustrated, maybe the portal would be the right move to make.
This is such a distasteful comment that cannot go ignored. Especially when there have been comments from the Mooney First camp re: It looks bad for recruits when we criticize the coaching staff. So...how do you think a comment like this looks, to recruits and their parents? Please, enlighten me here.

I've been on SEC football boards, when their team is down 17 and the posters are half a bottle of bourbon deep. Even there, in the heat of a bad defeat, they don't say that a student athlete should hit the portal. Even the biggest fanatics know where the line is...criticizing a 50 year old coach who is earning generational wealth is not in the same universe as encouraging one of our own student athletes to hit the portal. Anyone with basic common sense understands the difference.

You've made your point about him about 54 times now. Every thread, you have to insert yourself to bash this young man. You seem so dead-set on winning every point and every argument, that you fail to see (or perhaps just don't really care) how it may look to recruit and the parents of recruits. Spoiler: it's trashy and in incredibly poor taste!

I suggest you show some class and common sense, and give it a rest.

-Signed, former UR student athlete 03-07

This is such a distasteful comment that cannot go ignored. Especially when there have been comments from the Mooney First camp re: It looks bad for recruits when we criticize the coaching staff. So...how do you think a comment like this looks, to recruits and their parents? Please, enlighten me here.

I've been on SEC football boards, when their team is down 17 and the posters are half a bottle of bourbon deep. Even there, in the heat of a bad defeat, they don't say that a student athlete should hit the portal. Even the biggest fanatics know where the line is...criticizing a 50 year old coach who is earning generational wealth is not in the same universe as encouraging one of our own student athletes to hit the portal. Anyone with basic common sense understands the difference.

You've made your point about him about 54 times now. Every thread, you have to insert yourself to bash this young man. You seem so dead-set on winning every point and every argument, that you fail to see (or perhaps just don't really care) how it may look to recruit and the parents of recruits. Spoiler: it's trashy and in incredibly poor taste!

✊🏼❤️
Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Unreal. I didn't start the portal talk. 97 did. I responded to him so why not get on him? And, why are you perfectly fine with criticisms of other players by other posters? Don't even try to pretend what I have said is any worse than what we hear about other players every day on here. And, maybe if SDad would chill and stop attacking me and stop forcing me to defend myself and back up my comments, I would chill. But, sorry, when someone continues to call me out and say I don't have clue, I will respond. And, SEC boards discuss the portal every day. They have numerous threads about this very subject. So, thanks for your post, but I will continue to post when I want and what I want. If 05 or ufan don't like what I say, they will let me know. Now, feel free to share the same post of yours with everyone else on here who has not been all positive about some of our players.

Not what I am saying at all, but you know this. You are just being you. I was hoping to be better than 4-4 IC and 11-10 overall. But, the difference is I will still support our guys and hope they can make a run. I'm not giving up on a top 4 finish, and I will always hope we do something special in March. Sorry this upsets so many on here.
I don't think anyone is giving up on the players....

Please do because I don't see any difference. Last year at this time we were 4-4 IC and most everyone on here was complaining about our players and coaching. What has changed?
Good point. Nothing has changed. At this point in both seasons we under achieved. Let's see how this year's tournament goes.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT