ADVERTISEMENT

GMU Game Thread - Robins 6pm Sat ESPN+

Big early game. Wish Mason had won last night, but I feel good about the fact that they should have won if they'd just made one three-pointer. On the flip side, that probably means they will make about 10 Saturday. But we should have a good crowd. Starting 3-0 would be a nice step.

SF does this look right? For this series…

34-16 through 1999
0-0 2000-2012
7-13 2013-2023 (effectively A10)

Pretty much...the 34–16 run was through 2000–01 season. Then the ~10-year gap, and yes, 7–13 since then including a current 4-game losing streak.

Reactions: urfan1
Does Skinn still employ English's three true outcomes philosophy on offense (threes, dunks or layups only, almost no two-point jumpers)? I haven't watched them enough to know.

Does Skinn still employ English's three true outcomes philosophy on offense (threes, dunks or layups only, almost no two-point jumpers)? I haven't watched them enough to know.
that's pretty much everyone's philosophy now.

"Hi spiderman, I'm Chris Mooney. nice to meet you!"
most of our guys either go to the rim or shoot 3's.
King and Bigelow do shoot fadeaway midrange jumpers with some success.
Neal shoots those 12-14 foot floaters, which analytics say aren't advised.

Why am I worried that Darius Maddox and Austin Ball are going to combine for 37 points and a game winner???

Home game, lets keep that defensive intensity. One thing on the defense, last season I remembered being very impressed with the D at the beginning, and praising Boyden, who seemed to be credited for being the driver on D. Then we seemed to revert as the season went on. This season the D seems to be getting better and the rotation very geared to it as another poster pointed out. Hoping to see continuance and this become a habit for the guys.

Mason let one slip away at home against VCU. So, I suspect they will come in hungry. Hopefully, we can match the intensity from the jump.

Reactions: mojo-spider
Happy Game Day - at least at the moment I have 2 extra tix in shockingly Section 9 Row D .., if anyone doesn’t have tix and wants to go, reply here. No charge.

Reactions: urfan1

Hunt likely back as a starter tonight. Personally, I’m hesitant about messing with what was working - and I liked Hunt’s energy off the bench. But we will see

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Guards have been great. Forwards have been good. Only complaint is I’d like to get more out of our wings

That was another fun one. I’m not even upset that we blew a big lead because we weren’t going to win by 20 or anything. They came back like I figured they would but we did enough to hold them off. King is amazing, Dji was clutch, we overcame some questionable non-calls down the stretch and got another W, which is all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT