ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal Game Thread 1130 Thursday against St. Joes - USA network

Are they still deciding the tiebreakers ? This is weird…

Ok, I thought they were all 1-1 head to head.

GMU beat 1 & 3
Bonnie’s beat 2 & 4 & 5

Perhaps the one small bright spot in today's almost complete lack of "anything" is that we will come out ready to play. I hope so, or else what was going to be a great week might turn into a miserable one.

I'm not really in love with this draw. Feels like the worst one of the top four seeds, somehow. But let's come out and show them why we won this league.

Me neither. Granted there have been years I’ve liked the draw. It happens. but did not break well for us this year at all imo. u got teams loving that they got us tho. Seems many view us as a paper tiger. Hopefully some motivation and we can show em’.

I understand not liking the draw, but really if we are the conference champs we need to show we can beat anybody, especially round one of the tournament. Hope the fellas have a bad taste in their mouth from yesterday and come out motivated, not doubting if we are for real.

Before I get banged on for plagiarism, credit to Gkiller for "Joey Pots and Pans".

I have given that weasel Lunardi some nicknames so I get the misplaced attribution. In this case not my work. I don’t even know what it means and that’s after going to urban dictionary.

Ahhh my memory. I just figured it was a Sopranos type moniker but forgot who came up with it now.

Since Lunardi is the color analyst for St. Joe's broadcasts he will be able to share all his opinions ....when we played the Hawks at Robins it was of interest to see people who wanted to take selfies with Lunardi... tomorrow's game will be challenging but the main outcome needed is for the student dressed as the Hawk to be able to not have to flap his arms anymore in the A-10 tournament............

SJU starters minutes today:
34 - Flemming
34 - Brown
35 - Reynolds
37 - Brown
37 - Greer III

no guarantee that helps us tomorrow, but that's not a great strategy for winning 4 games in 5 days. we haven't been going very deep lately either.

amazing to me that more coaches don't develop a deeper usable bench over the season. it would really pay off this time of the year.

I'm sure he'll play but he sure did get hurt and was out of the game down the stretch for awhile today, so it's a legit injury.

34 - Flemming
34 - Brown
35 - Reynolds
37 - Brown
37 - Greer III

no guarantee that helps us tomorrow, but that's not a great strategy for winning 4 games in 5 days. we haven't been going very deep lately either.

amazing to me that more coaches don't develop a deeper usable bench over the season. it would really pay off this time of the year.
This will only be 2nd game for Hawks, they got a bye.

34 - Flemming
34 - Brown
35 - Reynolds
37 - Brown
37 - Greer III

I was just about to reply and say that with the day off to rest, this would not really matter too much. Then realizing that this is Wednesday, and the game is tomorrow I think I am in agreement and like this. That is a heavy workload to turn around in 24 hours. Yes, they are young, but not used to playing back to backs. Hopefully we can shake off the rust early.

He is right about the Serrano peppers. Not right about much else though

UR -2

Tie No Respect GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Love for Dayton by the pundits and as a result bookies has no limits...................They are a lock, a cinch, no matter what .....................

Nervous as hell about this one man. Don’t trust mooney in these spots at all. Hate to say it but if we don’t finish the job and get to the tournament the season is a failure. Don’t care about the regular season title anymore at that point. Please, please please just take care of business. I think we have the guys to do it and like that we’ve won a lot of close games this year but just don’t trust mooney and been burned too many times by him in these type of spots.

Can we get a collective score on spidernations's blood pressure :)?

It's go time. I do agree with Gkiller that we went all too celebratory mode, and really really could have used that Mason game. The bracketologists and I guess the selection committee already hated us, but that one put us over the plank I'm sure.

It's go time now. Let's roll.

Mooney rarely advances out of the quarterfinals. That's just a fact. But it's also true this team has more grit than CM teams in the past. Defense is better than in the past which is key in tournament situations.

Reactions: WCUR11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT