ADVERTISEMENT

St. Bonaventure - Game 2

The moderators job is keep decorum on this board. The petition was an online petition and don't think anyone could control the comments upon it. Yeah, the comments were probably heated because people are passionate about our program and were tired of it being led by a man who many of us feel is not up the task and further that as fans/alumni that our voices are constantly ignored.

Which is why this board is so toxic as well but moderator still has to keep it within some guiderails. I've gotten censored on here any number of times, it doesn't bother me, if I say something that someone things steps over the line, than fine. That is rare occasion though and think we are given wide latitude

I contest only 1 part of that. Not control but I'm sure the creator of a petition can delete comments on his or her own petition. Never created a petition but that seems like common sense. and there is deletion here. that's the parallel. Only making observation which I think is relevant. & I have a ton of respect & like for urfan1 first met him at least 20+ years ago. Don't know & never met Spiders05 but we'd probably hit it off too.

Ohhh assuming you are 😂 you know what they say right? I’m the one on here and Twitter and all social media with the real identity my guy…remember that… as well as you are the one that follows me 🫠. Never asked admin to delete anything coach. And before you fire off another 20 posts trying to come for me, at the very least get your facts together. In my AP classes we call that facts based research or evidence based research, you should try it.

Bro don't follow u, I follow nobody. Twitter is public. Tho I guess u can make it private idk. yes I have seen your feed tho. It was posted here long time ago that's how I know it. I remember your poop emoji tweet related to Mooney & loyalty. do u? Probably deleted. & plenty of ppl on here saw your posts the other week too. u and/or board moderator deleted it. Fact. My reply got caught up in that. I mean I have a DM exactly about it. Fact. So now we're all liars....me, Mooney, I guess SpidersO5...who else. Watch out soon it's those AP books.

All this because I wasn't agreeable to characterizing the loss last night as us being cheated by the refs. Nonsense.

Reactions: VT4700
Bro don't follow u, I follow nobody. Twitter is public. Tho I guess u can make it private idk. yes I have seen your feed tho. It was posted here long time ago that's how I know it. I remember your poop emoji tweet related to Mooney & loyalty. do u? Probably deleted. & plenty of ppl on here saw your posts the other week too. u and/or board moderator deleted it. Fact. My reply got caught up in that. I mean I have a DM exactly about it. Fact. So now we're all liars....me, Mooney, I guess SpidersO5...who else. Watch out soon it's those AP books.

All this because I wasn't agreeable to characterizing the loss last night as us being cheated by the refs. Nonsense.
Congrats but you know enough about me, again I’m not hiding behind an avatar Killer! Yep I sure do remember…addressed here a couple of times from what 2-3 yrs ago! You bring it up every chance you get. Again I never deleted my post from here. I did talk to 05 about it though but that’s prob not your business to know. Congrats on your DMs…Why is it people, you and VT pretty particularly think you can tell someone that is more locked in on the program and you two think you know different? What kind of arrogance, egotism, or pretension is that? Without outing another poster that I talk too on here on a regular & there are several…he was absolutely right about you two…and no not all this is bc you didn’t agree with me. Now please let me be, I have game film to watch, a Twitter etiquette class to take, and a counselor for all this lying…I’m a really busy guy at this point. Oh and we don’t use an AP textbooks we can’t afford them but if you would like to help us out I can direct you to my teachers wish list on Amazon and you could hook some young amazing Scholars up.

Could it be that they're shooting poorly because our offense isn't getting them great looks? 🤔🤔🤔
I don’t think that flies. We missed plenty of clean shots. I still contend it’s conditioning, when you’re tired the first thing to go is your shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Spidey
Thanks SF, I knew you would deliver. Yeah, Goose raised his hand after the foul. Kind of goes with the theory that he lost track of the game situation. Maybe he thought we were down by 4 or something. Huge mental mistake obviously by Goose. Refs didn't have to call it and they need to know game situation as well.
Wouldn’t that be on the coach? 50 seconds left, down three. You play defense. Seems it should have been emphasized during the time out that proceeded that very play. Just me

" The guards have not been taught or coached to throw high lobs to Quinn when he somehow manages to stumble down to the low blocks."
I would disagree with this part a little. Absolutely right about the offense. I agree with you about getting Neal on the block more and take advantage but I just don't know if the system allows it. I think we should take advantages of our strengths more but they may mean coming out of the system imo. We have Roche...who hasn't shot it great in conf and Tyler as 3 pt threats but I don't think any one of those guys has been consistent enough for the system. If I can use a FB reference here...What makes Pete Carroll a very good coach was the willingness change his scheme or system to fit the personnel. That's not bagging on Coach Mooney it's just difference personal style. I agree with you on the belief that we could be successful mid-range and the low block and not just relying on the 3. ✊
I'll disagree with part of this--we've seen about 7 straight years of TJ Cline and Grant Golden be very successful within the system on the low block, and we've certainly had teams that focused on emphasizing it. Quinn is still figuring it out, and I think he's a little less nimble than those other two. I think he's looking TOO much to be a facilitator still. To keep going with the football analogy, the play action passing don't work unless you establish the run first. So he needs to establish the scoring and going at the guy first, and then then adjust the passing off of that.

agreed Goose intentionally fouled. the ref gave him the foul as it appeared Goose wanted to take the foul with the shirt grab. and he raised his hand pretty much confirming he wanted to foul. ref did the right thing, imo.

but base on everyone else's reaction ... we weren't supposed to foul there.
In real time I thought that the ref was looking to blow a quick whistle, which still may be the case as that was a rather weak foul. It looked like Goose didn’t expect the Bonnie to slam on the brakes and go backwards and reached out reactively. Then he heard the whistle and acknowledged that he was responsible until he looked over to the bench and got the coaching reaction. It definitely wasn’t that they were told to foul and I don’t think Goose “planned” to do it, but he also didn’t think it was a bad thing that it happened. Maybe a lost in translation moment?

Maybe you are like your spouse VT and you've seen all you need to see, who knows, maybe not..what was it by VT some guys maybe played that certain positions in school but they aren't really that in college....maybe its you that need to watch more 🤷‍♂️ and stop throwing slick and shady remarks every time you don't agree. The block isn't the sole reason I thought we were getting screwed over. It being reviewable makes my point, they had the right to review it and chose not to. Review it confirm it and move on. I can live with that bc you reviewed it in a close game. You and others did note it was "very very close" So no, that doesn't tell me all we need to know. IF you paid attention to the game you would know that our guys driving were getting killed and the double teams that came down on the bigs were fouling them every time. (St Bonny received bad calls as well) Vennings fouled Neal every possession and walked numerous times. There are others in the program that thought the same as me...But I'm going to try and study the game film tonight Coach Pop! I know you get real tight when you think someone is criticizing Goose or say anything about him at all(thought he played well last night defensively), but the Goose call was a towards the end. It had zero to do with a loose ball or Gooses fault from what I could see, and yeah it was an intentional foul which looked literally like a graze to the fingers of the Bonnie but like I said I will rewatch: but hey maybe I imagined the Goose call as well Coach...You know how us UNC, Cowboy fans are all the same.
Unless the rule changed and I am not aware of it, I don't think you can review a non goal tending play. But, if you watch again, you will see it was a clear block. If goal tending is called, the clock is stopped and you can review it. And, interesting comments. You continue to show what kind of person you are each and every day.

Unless the rule changed and I am not aware of it, I don't think you can review a non goal tending play. But, if you watch again, you will see it was a clear block. If goal tending is called, the clock is stopped and you can review it. And, interesting comments. You continue to show what kind of person you are each and every day.
Seems to me then that the refs SHOULD have called goal tending AND then reviewed it to make sure they got the call right. Of course that would mean there was a “quality officiating crew“ in the RC, which seems to be a rarity. There is no way they “knew” - it is a 50/50 chance on a play like that one, just like flipping a coin.

I suppose some would claim if they called “heads” and it landed that way that they “knew” it was going to be that way. I am sure the guys in Vegas would like to see those types.

You continue to show what kind of person you are each and every day.
Enough .. While I don’t know much about Dad in the big picture, I think he is one of the good ones. I know he has served our country and at some level has a disability from his service, is a teacher (I respect that greatly since both of my parents were educators), and has raised a son that has not had an easy first 3 years at our school but is still fighting the good fight - COVID , injuries, and sure more turnovers at times than I am sure he and his Dad would like.

Fordham is the focus now and let’s end this unproductive back and forth.

Last edited:
Seems to me then that the refs SHOULD have called goal tending AND then reviewed it to make sure they got the call right. Of course that would mean there was a “quality officiating crew“ in the RC, which seems to be a rarity. There is no way they “knew” - it is a 50/50 chance on a play like that one, just like flipping a coin.

I suppose some would claim if they called “heads” and it landed that way that they “knew” it was going to be that way. I am sure the guys in Vegas would like to see those types.
This is a really strange post. Why would you call goal tending when it wasn't? They got the call right, and you are getting on them? Why would you say they did not know? If they saw the block happen before the ball hit the glass, which it did, why should they call goal tending and review it? We did not get cheated. We lost.

Enough .. While I don’t know much about Dad in the big picture, but I think he is one of the good ones. I know he has served our country and at some level has a disability from his service, is a teacher (I respect that greatly since both of my parents were educators), and has raised a son that has not had an easy first 3 years at our school but is still fighting the good fight - COVID , injuries, and sure more turnovers at times than I am sure he and his Dad would like.

Fordham is the focus now and let’s end this unproductive back and forth.
Looks like you also sent this to the wrong person. But, very used to that. So, you're good with Sdad's posts? And, choose my little comment to copy and paste and reply negatively to? Interesting.

Looks like you also sent this to the wrong person. But, very used to that.
You just wrote “You continue to show what kind of person you are each and every day.”
Suggest you take a deep breath and then delete this part of your earlier post.

Reactions: SpiderLaw
You just wrote “You continue to show what kind of person you are each and every day.”
Suggest you take a deep breath and then delete this part of your earlier post.
But, all cool when I am called G's spouse? I suggest you read other posts before automatically jumping on mine. My goodness, I have barely posted anything today after reading all the crap he again said about me.

This is a really strange post. Why would you call goal tending when it wasn't? They got the call right, and you are getting on them? Why would you say they did not know? If they saw the block happen before the ball hit the glass, which it did, why should they call goal tending and review it? We did not get cheated. We lost.
Please refer to my post #121.

If you would like to support this particular officiating crew, that’s AWESOME. /s (for the message board experts)

Congrats but you know enough about me, again I’m not hiding behind an avatar Killer! Yep I sure do remember…addressed here a couple of times from what 2-3 yrs ago! You bring it up every chance you get. Again I never deleted my post from here. I did talk to 05 about it though but that’s prob not your business to know. Congrats on your DMs…Why is it people, you and VT pretty particularly think you can tell someone that is more locked in on the program and you two think you know different? What kind of arrogance, egotism, or pretension is that? Without outing another poster that I talk too on here on a regular & there are several…he was absolutely right about you two…and no not all this is bc you didn’t agree with me. Now please let me be, I have game film to watch, a Twitter etiquette class to take, and a counselor for all this lying…I’m a really busy guy at this point. Oh and we don’t use an AP textbooks we can’t afford them but if you would like to help us out I can direct you to my teachers wish list on Amazon and you could hook some young amazing Scholars up.

well probably a dozen posters know who I am and I know who they r, it happens organically over time. so not exactly hiding but u know what, u joined an anonymous message board. That's what u signed up for. Why idk. u r not doing your son any favors.

I said u OR the board moderator deleted it. Fact.

Idk no what the rest means, no more than I know how we were supposedly cheated out of the Bona game. u r welcome to share examples. Don't think I post much different than many others. sorry it comes off as arrogance or whatever. some connections occasionally but never claimed to be an insider. Just a fan bro. U r more locked in than me. but u r also just passing thru. In couple years u will have moved on. Hopefully it is a lifetime connection for Dji tho.

GK, it's still up. Looking through comments there, I see one I'd delete if I knew how to do it.

Not sure what your fascination is with me recently...

Let's keep the discussion to the topic or we can lock the thread and try again.

U were relevant to a couple discussion points that's all. No thread ever stays to the topic.

Last edited:

The part about the review I think came from something I said. I thought u could review goaltending in last two minutes. But maybe it has to be called goaltending first, which is a little weird. Is that the rule? If so I was wrong. To me it was clearly a block. Yes close but it can be close and still confident it's a clean block. So weird that someone would want the ref to call the opposite of what they saw. And also weird that the two main calls referenced about us being cheated were actually the correct calls.

But, all cool when I am called G's spouse? I suggest you read other posts before automatically jumping on mine. My goodness, I have barely posted anything today after reading all the crap he again said about me.

If u said that the board would explode & you would be burned in effigy. Par for the course for Dad but nobody notices. My theory jock sniffing.

Reactions: VT4700
If u said that the board would explode & you would be burned in effigy. Par for the course for Dad but nobody notices. My theory jock sniffing.
Yep. So very true. You and I have been called stupid, clowns, told we don't know basketball, told to get a clue, and now we are freaking married (must have been in Vegas one night because I don't remember that one)......and crickets. Actually, not crickets, because Dad gets a bunch of praise for the constant bad mouthing.

The influence 20 years of Moondog has had on this fanbase?? Educated reasonable happy fans excited about the chance to root on the Spiders with some reasonable hope for success. Now this board and the fandom of a proud Spiders program is a dumpster fire. Thanks for 20 years Chris… if you are reading or are still breathing, please step down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT