ADVERTISEMENT
The game means very little to us, UVa may need the win to get a bowl bid. I hope they end it, no sense playing players who are stiff after long lay off. Potential for injuries not worth it

Sounds like they're still expecting to finish, and looks like the lightning is moving off now.

Hopefully it backfires and we can string together a comeback. It’s not like we’re playing Alabama.

This looks like a collect a paycheck game, don’t even look competitive.

How do we expect to compete in the playoffs after this? We got blown out last year against the first decent opponent.

All I'm rooting for at this point is for us to knock this 150-pound QB out of the game with a big hit.

Our offensive "scheme" tonight is offensive. It has sucked start to finish. It's the kind of plan you would draw up if you were trying to lose.

Well, got drenched twice. Once by the rain and the other by tears at how uncompetitive we were. Was expecting a better performance. Oh well, Wofford may make us look a lot better. Hope so.

Cam should be the starter, but despite playing coy think most knew Wickersham would start bc Russ' system is based on a running QB.

I was at the game, but given the rain we did not stay. It looked like there were a lot of uncalled penalties. On their first TD, it looked like the UVA WR pushed off the UR defender. They also took a number of cheap shots on Wickersham. If Degenaro had not fumbled it could have been a different game. We all knew it was a long shot. Other than that, it was a blast.

Reactions: urfan1
Who rides the horse around the stadium after a score? They flashed a sword a lot. It seemed to be a lot of show, but a needlessly dangerous activity. Whoever it was, someone said it was a female, seemed to be able to handle horses.

By the way, I hate horses.

Wickersham's decision making is too slow. If primary receiver is not open, rather than checking down he runs the ball.
Uva dropped 7, sometimes 8, into coverage all night. They had numbers advantage. It's tough to find someone open in those circumstances. Give them credit, they were bigger and faster and more of them than us. I was encouraged that we kept grinding after being overwhelmed early.

This will be Coleman’s last year at UR,He’s made it clear that he will redshirt if he didn’t get the starting nod.So we’ll see him in 4 regular season CAA games and postseason if we make it.That’s it.He’ll be a sought after transfer.
Hope not on the last year part. He was supposed to redshirt last year, and it did not work out.
Let's hope he wants a master's degree from UR.

Having two QBs at this level who are capable starters is rare. Good job finding talent by our coaches.

This will be Coleman’s last year at UR,He’s made it clear that he will redshirt if he didn’t get the starting nod.So we’ll see him in 4 regular season CAA games and postseason if we make it.That’s it.He’ll be a sought after transfer.
Wickersham's release is too slow. He holds the ball for too long and he's off and running. Having a running QB in the CAA will lead to injuries.

It’s a long season and there was no reason to play Coleman yesterday if there’s a desire to redshirt him if he wasn’t #1 on the depth chart.

Reactions: urfan1 and VT4700
Having slept on it - I think yesterday was exactly what I expected. In the transfer portal era; the talent gap widens and hurts FCS programs. We have a young team and that’s ok. There was certainly plenty of talent on the field and so it’s a matter of how quickly can they improve.

I’ll try to make a longer post on my thoughts later but the biggest takeaway is that fans are going to love #38. We have a big back! Great leg strength and he could move the ball against UVA. I’m excited to see how that’ll translate next week.

Just seems like an odd decision to not play the QB that seems to be the more talented QB.

In today's world red shirting makes ZERO sense.
Maybe at other positions, but it makes a lot of sense at QB. It's never good to go back and forth playing different QBs all year, and with the 4 game redshirt rule, Cam can still play plenty this year. If Kyle gets hurt or plays very poorly for a couple games early in the year, then maybe you decide to pull the redshirt, but it makes perfect sense to plan for the redshirt now. And, you certainly didn't want to put Cam in for one play when Kyle had to come out yesterday.

Just seems like an odd decision to not play the QB that seems to be the more talented QB.
It would be odd. I've got to believe they are playing the most talented QB. They see them both every play every day. UVA's QB ran for more yardage than ours did and he's 2/3 the size. I don't buy in to you can't/shouldn't run your QB. Neither does Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes.

When is Huesman an going to have a team that is ready to play well at the beginning of the season? Seems like the same script year after year. After last years bad start I was hoping to see a team prepared this year. Lets hope for something different next week.

It’s Coleman’s desire to redshirt.His mentor and big brother Nick DeGennaro will be graduating after this season.He’s the primary reason that Coleman didn’t hit the recent transfer portal.Wickersham’s starting QB position is also assured for next season.Gaslighting us about the QB competition next season will cease.

I didn't expect us to win at C'ville, but was hopeful. I as very disappointed in how we started and played the first 25 minutes. Once we finally scored we played to a 13-17 score, still a loss but much more respectable.

Let's see how we respond next week, and I do expect to win that one.

Reactions: Spiderwiz
I was disappointed with execution in the red zone twice. We need touchdowns when inside the five and not fgs.
As much as our defense was on the field was as much an issue with offensive possession. When you look at UVA yardage,
how much of that was big plays! You take away that and that was a huge difference in yardage. We took too many risks on our blitz packages and got burnt almost each time.

Reactions: urfan1
It’s Coleman’s desire to redshirt.His mentor and big brother Nick DeGennaro will be graduating after this season.He’s the primary reason that Coleman didn’t hit the recent transfer portal.Wickersham’s starting QB position is also assured for next season.Gaslighting us about the QB competition next season will cease.
So is he transferring or not? I thought you said he was ginger after this year. And why would he want to come back because Nick did but yet also not want to play with him?

Huesman wants to run the ball. He wants a QB who can run the ball. One who can throw for six TDs in a game has never been his thing, except when he brought in Cosh for that year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT