ADVERTISEMENT
Peskin,transfer kicker from Fordham appears to have a strong,accurate leg.Contributed 6
points with 2 FGs even though we left 8 points off the board with 2 unsuccessful Red Zone TD opportunities.

Reactions: urfan1 and whampas
Given the revenue disparity, it no longer makes any sense to play a P4 program. It's a guaranteed loss and unless they are going to pay us $1 million it's a total losing proposition. Find a home-and-home against one of our former SC rivals like Furman or The Citadel, or UMass, or UConn, or even Army.

Last edited:
Speaking of Furman, they lost 76–0 to Ole Miss yesterday. 😬

But at least they earned $6,579 per point given up.

Reactions: urfan1
I don’t feel either more confident or less confident about our FCS hopes after the game Cavs appear to have added some very nice pieces on both sides of the ball. Wickersham is and will be fine - so would Cam.

Given the revenue disparity, it no longer makes any sense to play a P4 program. It's a guaranteed loss and unless they are going to pay us $1 million it's a total losing proposition. Find a home-and-home against one of our former SC rivals kike Furman or The Citadel, or UMass, or UConn, or even Army.
It stinks, but the money we get makes it far from a losing proposition overall. But I agree, I don't like going into a regular season game feeling like we have zero chance.

Poor tackling and angles by the defense basically took us out of the game early. Those were pretty basic plays that UVA ran but we just couldn’t bring them to the ground. Add in the fumble on a promising early drive and our conservative play calling and we collected our check and bused home. Didn’t seem like we suffered any major injuries of note (hopefully) and our fg kicker looked solid. RB’s ran hard when they had holes. Not much you can take from the defensive performance other than they seemed to settle in after Uva built the big lead. Hopefully we tackle better next week now that the rust is off.

What I want to know is how UMass got a home-and-home with No. 11 Missouri, playing in Amherst this season.

UMass is more likely to be on the receiving end of buy-game guarantees with the big boys, then kicking a bit of back to FCS to fill out their schedules.

Virginia is ranked 13th in the nation for NIL
15. Michigan Wolverines: $493 million

14. Tennessee Volunteers: $500 million

13. Virginia Cavaliers: $516 million

12. Alabama Crimson Tide: $528 million

They're not giving out $500M annually to athletes though. That site estimated they are giving out $12M a year, still pretty decent though and in the top 20.

Could it be that Wickersham is starting because he had the highest passing completion rate in FCS Football last year?
I like Wickersham but come on. What's his average yard per reception (not including YACs)? Swing pass to the left, swing pass to the right. Dinks and passes under 5 yards. I guess he did have a good percentage... like a 7ft center who only dunks.

You don't win many close games with a highly predictable offense. Coleman has a much more diverse game, and IMHO he gives us better opportunities to win. I only hope that Huesman doesn't wait until the last 4 games to play Coleman because playing him early forces our opponents to have to prepare for BOTH quarterbacks.

I like Wickersham but come on. What's his average yard per reception (not including YACs)? Swing pass to the left, swing pass to the right. Dinks and passes under 5 yards. I guess he did have a good percentage... like a 7ft center who only dunks.

You don't win many close games with a highly predictable offense. Coleman has a much more diverse game, and IMHO he gives us better opportunities to win. I only hope that Huesman doesn't wait until the last 4 games to play Coleman because playing him early forces our opponents to have to prepare for BOTH quarterbacks.
Agree. KW is basically another running back playing qb

Running up the middle with 3rd and goal from the 7 does not show they have a lot of confidence in the qb

We seem to have decent running backs. O Line, not sure just yet. But, we need a quarterback the defense respects. I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s our starter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT