ADVERTISEMENT

Player Analysis - Neal Quinn

agreed, but Mooney's offense has the big at the 3 point line up top an awful lot. it would really help if that guy is a shooting threat. Quinn's not that guy though. we'll still have him out there ... eventually getting him into his spot.

I'm hoping he can hit the foul line extended jumper bc he'll be out there as part of O a lot for ball distribution etc. If they lay off him like expected maybe take 1 dribble in, I think that's a more reasonable shot for Quinn. Thing is Walz is not that guy either, at least from what we've seen, so we've been recruiting against type a little. Golden could hit the mid ranger. Maybe Souis will be the outside threat.

I'm hoping he can hit the foul line extended jumper bc he'll be out there as part of O a lot for ball distribution etc. If they lay off him like expected maybe take 1 dribble in, I think that's a more reasonable shot for Quinn. Thing is Walz is not that guy either, at least from what we've seen, so we've been recruiting against type a little. Golden could hit the mid ranger. Maybe Souis will be the outside threat.
I wouldn't write off Walz. He is a good passer, seems to wanna rebound and his body appears strong. And if you listen to him speak, he is pretty damn smart. He may not pan out, but I don't think we've seen enough him to pass judgement yet.

I wouldn't write off Walz. He is a good passer, seems to wanna rebound and his body appears strong. And if you listen to him speak, he is pretty damn smart. He may not pan out, but I don't think we've seen enough him to pass judgement yet.

I’m not writing anyone off. I was referring to an outside shooting big man. U see him as a 3 pt threat? He took zero 3s in limited mins last year & I don’t think he was much of that in hs either.

I’m not writing anyone off. I was referring to an outside shooting big man. U see him as a 3 pt threat? He took zero 3s in limited mins last year & I don’t think he was much of that in hs either.
Ok, no I don't see him as an outside shooting threat.

Soulis is automatic from 15. By mid-season we will wish Mooney was saying "I need to get him in the game more". Bill Self will have his agent sending him NIL offers daily.
Are you already tagging Soulis as the first guy Mooney mentions with the famous line "we got to find more minutes for him"

Reactions: whampas
Are you already tagging Soulis as the first guy Mooney mentions with the famous line "we got to find more minutes for him"
Yeah, I wonder who that guy will be this year and if that poor soul realizes that when he says it, that means they are actually not playing this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
his first taste of legitimate playing time he was on ESPN Sportscenter Top 10 but yes let's give him another year of seasoning on the bench (Mooney logic)
Yeah, it blows my mind that he made Sportscenter Top 10, had this break out game at St. Joes and then went right back to the bench for the rest of the year.

• Angry
Reactions: 8legs1dream
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT