ADVERTISEMENT

La Salle Game Thread and Baby Racing - Sat 2pm ESPN+

At large is not dead. We need to take care of business and wax vcu in a few weeks too. It won't be a Quad 1 win, but so what. People know it's a rivalry game, and if we beat them convincingly, it shows that both teams held serve at home, which is what happens in rivalry games. And if we go 16-2 or something in the league and redeem ourselves from the first vcu game, that's a pretty compelling argument.

At large is not dead. We need to take care of business and wax vcu in a few weeks too. It won't be a Quad 1 win, but so what. People know it's a rivalry game, and if we beat them convincingly, it shows that both teams held serve at home, which is what happens in rivalry games. And if we go 16-2 or something in the league and redeem ourselves from the first vcu game, that's a pretty compelling argument.
Agree

I'm not actually that worried about taking care of vcu on the return trip at home. It's just overall tough to go 8-1 again! We can do it. It's just tough! Most worried about road games @Gw and @Gmu

Actually most worried about @Gw. Always a tough place to play.

With 0 or 1 loss the rest of the way, I think we'll be dialed in enough to finish at home against St. Joe's (recent struggles with them) and @gmu.

Order of toughest remaining games, considering where they fall in the schedule as well. In order of toughest first:
@Gw
@Uri
@Gmu
St.Joe
vcu
Davidson
@St.Louis
Umass
LaSalle

UMass would be higher on the list, but I think given the timing on the schedule and the recent loss, we'll be ready.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
kenpom win %

@Gw 67
@Uri 70
@Gmu 43
St.Joe 67
vcu 64
Davidson 75
@St.Louis 75
Umass 66
LaSalle 87

I would put at GMU and GW first and not URI so much.
Yeah, @gmu is probably a tougher game, but my thinking is if we have made it to the last game on the schedule with 0 or 1 more losses, we'll be dialed into finish and stay in a good position for an at-large bid.

Reactions: urfan1
I'll be at the GW game (its not close to me, but closer than a trip all the way to Richmond) for my one in-person Spider game this year. They lost at LaSalle (my one game last year) so the team owes me a win!

Perfect. Claim it!

Everyone should be starting to make plans for the A10 tourny too! We need a big crowd! I'm hoping to fly in from Colorado.
I'll be there. But I heard that the A10 might have changed the Barclays ticket arrangement this year? Prior years open seating across all one side of the arena (the side the benches are on) beyond the first 6 rows, but this year much more limited to get you to pay more for reserved seats? Not confirmed but does anyone know???

I emailed the UR ticket office as well about putting together bus trips to Brooklyn for fans and students.

why 16-2? Why not 17-1? If UR is beating VCU what game do you see them losing?
Personally I see a few more losses since I think the team runs as King runs and VCU showed that he can be neutralizad without much resistance from CM.

why 16-2? Why not 17-1? If UR is beating VCU what game do you see them losing?
Personally I see a few more losses since I think the team runs as King runs and VCU showed that he can be neutralizad without much resistance from CM.
The only Q4 game is tomorrow, only Q2 game is Senior night in Fairfax. All other games are Q3.
For whatever that is worth…

The only Q4 game is tomorrow, only Q2 game is Senior night in Fairfax. All other games are Q3.
For whatever that is worth…
While we are discussing it…

Team/NET/A10 losses/Q1 left/Q2 left
UD/16/1/0/3
UR/74/1/0/1
LC/107/2/2/1
VC/79/3/3/1
SB/68/5/0/1
UM/89/5/1/2
SJ/91/5/1/3
RI/181/5/0/3
GM/94/6/1/3
DU/105/6/2/2
DC/116/6/3/1
GW/175/6/0/5
FU/186/6/1/4
LS/228/8/1/4
SL/236/8/2/3

The heavy rain that came in seems to have marginalized the full sell out crowd at least at 155

Always hard to complain about a 9-point lead at the half, but offense has not flowed well most of the game. Quinn is working but struggling, King isn't getting enough shots. Fortunately, the D picked up and suffocated the Explorers.

Sure wish we had Bailey another year. He sure reminds me of Kevin Smith.
Spiderdad75 if you haven't seen tape on Smitty, you should.

Always hard to complain about a 9-point lead at the half, but offense has not flowed well most of the game. Quinn is working but struggling, King isn't getting enough shots. Fortunately, the D picked up and suffocated the Explorers.

Complain away SF

• Haha
Reactions: Gallipoli
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT