ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread / VCU #2 Sat 6pm CBS sports network - Redout

Come out flamethrowing 3s. Slice them up like the Wonder Bread from that bakery downtown (still there?) Step on their throats, their noses, their hands and their spleens, then drop the big elbow on top of that for good measure, just to make sure. Make them long for Will Wade through a laugher of a 2nd half.

Storm the court.

Come out flamethrowing 3s. Slice them up like the Wonder Bread from that bakery downtown (still there?) Step on their throats, their noses, their hands and their spleens, then drop the big elbow on top of that for good measure, just to make sure. Make them long for Will Wade through a laugher of a 2nd half.

Storm the court.
JayNel JayNel JayNel (or would that be inappropriate)?

• Wow
Reactions: Gallipoli

Storm the court.
We can only hope!!!

Storm the court.
Yes get off to a hot start and blow them out of the gym in the first 10 minutes. Dont let them think they have a chance.

Reactions: urfan1
Anyone else think it would be a little lame if we storm the court? We're #1 in the conference and VCU is unranked. We should expect to win these games. I get the students want to have fun but just my "old man yells at cloud" take.

Anyone else think it would be a little lame if we storm the court? We're #1 in the conference and VCU is unranked. We should expect to win these games. I get the students want to have fun but just my "old man yells at cloud" take.
Pretty sure we wouldn't storm the court for this one, for the reasons you mentioned.

IDK, almost every poster here puts an extraordinary amount of importance on Mooney's record against VCU. So by logic, if we do win, it's an extraordinary victory and worthy of students storming the court.

Yeah bad logic.

Every fanbase puts importance on how they perform vs arch rival that’s normal.

We even had some posters iirc like SF and Spiderdad claiming its VCU’s Super Bowl this year can u imagine storming someone else’s SB game when u r the ones in 1st place.

If there was a storming sure the unfathomable 8-25 record would be their reason but still not a good one.

since court storming will clearly be banned after this season because a dookie got a boo-boo on his knee that made him cry (but didn't require him to sit out a game 96 hours later) they should storm the court pregame, halftime and postgame. Then come by the RC and do it on off days too.

I may head over to Barclays and get a court storm practice in myself when nothing is happening over there one of these days, so keep some bail money on hand for me. I think whatever Barclays 6 import beers budget the board has allocated should be enough, that's like a few thousand bucks right? GK and 23 can pull from their Rhode Island lounge slush fund too. Pig Beach is not in business any more (they've already started building a luxury building on the banks of the Gowanus Canal, lol) so there should be money left over there too for when I tag the side of the VCU double decker bus with a giant mural of Boss McKinney (reverse side will have Zach Chu) and need to get bailed out a 2nd time.

Lamb Forum thread

There message board sucks. Very little analysis of the game, just a bunch of "beat the ticks" banter.

I respect this take and mostly agree.

But I can also see the other side of it.

We moan and lament that the students don't come to the game and big enough numbers, the rowdy run is no more, they sit on their hands most of the game, etc. These kids are only in college once. If they show up in a big way Saturday, we win the game and they are wound up and excited to do it then I say go for it.

I respect this take and mostly agree.

But I can also see the other side of it.

We moan and lament that the students don't come to the game and big enough numbers, the rowdy run is no more, they sit on their hands most of the game, etc. These kids are only in college once. If they show up in a big way Saturday, we win the game and they are wound up and excited to do it then I say go for it.
I think it would be lame..students can show enthusiasm throughout without storming the court...beating a ranked Dayton is one thing, beating a rival who can only make the ncaas with a tourney win, is just lame....even if they have owned us....we r the top seed now, we shouldn't be storming the court.

Reactions: SpiderDogg
I think it would be lame..students can show enthusiasm throughout without storming the court...beating a ranked Dayton is one thing, beating a rival who can only make the ncaas with a tourney win, is just lame....even if they have owned us....we r the top seed now, we shouldn't be storming the court.

Yes. I’m all for college kids having fun. But we had 1 court storming already. It’s gotta be a small list of schools storming more than once a season. Usually an indication u r not a very strong program. If did storm another example we have worst rivalry coach of all time.

Also, I'm sick of listening to these mindless yahoos on radio who are acting like vcu is winning the league right now. No, idiots, we are winning the league and in the driver's seat to close things out, and they are hanging onto the fourth seed. Act like it.

Last edited:
Also, I'm sick of listening to these mindless yahoos on radio who are acting like vcu is winning the league right no. No, idiots, we are winning the league and in the driver's seat to close things out, and they are hanging onto the fourth seed. Act like it.
It's been like that all season...all social media, the radio, the crappy podcasters, It has always been about the other teams or anything other than us! Prove all these haters, nerd casters, and media "experts" wrong! One game at a time🕷️🏀

First, let's win the game. I hope the Spiders play both halves the way they played in the second half against St. Louis- great hustle, cutting, discipline, and some solid in-the-paint scoring by Neal. If we win, then I hope the students and everyone celebrates like the Tech students and crowd when they crushed UVA by 34 points on February 19th- they stayed and sang, and cheered- it was pure joy without a court storm. Let them hear it!

There message board sucks. Very little analysis of the game, just a bunch of "beat the ticks" banter.
Reminds me of my favorite putdown - some enterprising Spider taped a roll of toilet paper with the sheets hanging down to the Robins Center wall in the ambulatory and underneath posted a sign - VCU diplomas, take one..........

Also, I'm sick of listening to these mindless yahoos on radio who are acting like vcu is winning the league right now. No, idiots, we are winning the league and in the driver's seat to close things out, and they are hanging onto the fourth seed. Act like it.
I have decreased my local sports talk radio listening for this very reason, so damn annoying.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
Yes. I’m all for college kids having fun. But we had 1 court storming already. It’s gotta be a small list of schools storming more than once a season. Usually an indication u r not a very strong program. If did storm another example we have worst rivalry coach of all time.
Agree - save the next storming for Monday, April 8th, in Glendale, Arizona

UR can be the school where a court storm happens every game. That can be our thing. Who wouldn't want to play here with that kind of enthusiastic student support? But every game it would have to be different - one game everyone does a log roll out onto the court, next game cartwheel court storm, game after that leapfrog storm. We'll be on tv every game for an entire season. Guaranteed at large bid no matter what our record.

Then when we DON'T storm the court after beating VCU, it's the ultimate dis.

Let's think big-picture here.

It's been like that all season...all social media, the radio, the crappy podcasters, It has always been about the other teams or anything other than us! Prove all these haters, nerd casters, and media "experts" wrong! One game at a time🕷️🏀

It’s a byproduct of the customer base. Marketing to more views, etc. we don’t have lot of engagement w social or other media. Good for those of u who do. I follow social but don’t engage myself. UR doesn’t have the numbers. Maybe if we won at higher level it would change. We also have alum base that won’t be as local as a private. We get nice bball crowds & have loyal base but the handicap of small private will be there. My take. But I’m with u on proving them wrong.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
are we starting the Glendale bail out GK fund now? There might be others with you who also need bailing out in that eventuality (as well as paying hospitalization costs after all the heart attacks), so we should probably start an NIL for posters here just in case.

are we starting the Glendale bail out GK fund now? There might be others with you who also need bailing out in that eventuality (as well as paying hospitalization costs after all the heart attacks), so we should probably start an NIL for posters here just in case.
brownstone - you are rollin' today - keep it going - hope you have the day off!

IDK, almost every poster here puts an extraordinary amount of importance on Mooney's record against VCU. So by logic, if we do win, it's an extraordinary victory and worthy of students storming the court.
Lessons learned from storming court by Wake fans after victory over Duke?

always want to beat VCU, but beating them the last time we play them in a year is what matters most. like in 2022. really enjoyed that.
So true - real possibility we could play them in A-10 tournament................

So true - real possibility we could play them in A-10 tournament................

Yep most likely result right now. Round 3 in Brooklyn. In some ways the only only silver lining if we lose, even at 8-26, is I think it increases our odds a bit for 3rd game if we play in semis. Sorta like 2022 quarters. Win Sat and probably lowers odds a bit if we matchup again imo. Vcu has a habit of one upping us. But we r overdue to beat them twice in a row so let’s just do that if necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT