ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Gators Game thread - Sat ~4pm SEC Sports Network

can't watch bc of the SEC Network stuff, but from following, looks like the defense is going through bad spells again. UF scored on 5 of 6 possessions after the under 8 timeout to expand a lead to 11, then UR only got 2 FGs/5 points the last 5m of the half, including zero points last 3 minutes. End of half/end of game droughts are nothing new under Moon of course, but make the lack of defensive stops all the more glaring.

going from the box score, Quinn is -18 in his minutes on the court and Walz is plus 11. I'm no mathematician but those are glaring numbers in the box.

Reactions: Stork3
22 points given up in 8 minutes of the 2nd half. Whatever defensive improvement we may thought this team had, well it doesn't. Unless Hunt is some kind of magic maker on the perimeter who solves all woes, they can't hang with good teams on that end of the court.

Reactions: gospidersgo
absolutely murdered on the boards, particularly giving up a score of offensive rebounds. was it as bad on tv as the box score makes it appear?

We haven’t been that bad…bad at the line. But Florida has hit shots and refs haven’t been great. They aren’t the reason but should be noted.
I agree...I just mean the bookies have it right again -14, just would like to see a win out of the spiders when not expected....

We haven’t been that bad…bad at the line. But Florida has hit shots and refs haven’t been great. They aren’t the reason but should be noted.
give up close to 90 points and it's the defense more than anything else. UF was on pace for 50 in the 2nd half after the first 8m and they maintained it. UR never got the stops they needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT