ADVERTISEMENT

Davidson Game Thread - 4pm Saturday ESPN+

Section9.RowD

Team Manager
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2021
Clearly got to focus on DUQ 1st but going ahead and starting this thread since I bought my tix this morning. If others are considering going since pretty easy drive from RVA and I know some folks on the forum live in the Carolinas, there are single game tix directly on the Davidson site - including a good many right behind Spiders bench in Section 8 for relatively reasonable prices and nominal fees versus Stubhub. I'm 1-0 in Steph arena - saw us win in Jan 2020 before COVID.

Last edited:
Besides trying to push the ball a little more I’d like to see us put ball in Dji hands a little more in half court. Good things r happening when he drives. Plus King is taking most 3s this way we could spot him up for 3 ball more. Think dji length when he drives is advantage for either finishing or distributing. Harder for a smaller player & one thing King hasn’t shown is the floater. King is good w ball in hands & he’s good at the pull-up J so not taking away anything for him but I think it could benefit our O if he’s getting more open looks on perimeter off ball.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Besides trying to push the ball a little more I’d like to see us put ball in Dji hands a little more in half court. Good things r happening when he drives. Plus King is taking most 3s this way we could spot him up for 3 ball more. Think dji length when he drives is advantage for either finishing or distributing we. Harder for a smaller player & one thing King hasn’t shown is the floater. King is good w ball in hands & he’s good at the pull-up J so not taking away anything for him but I think it could benefit our O if he’s getting more open looks on perimeter off ball.
Kinda like the way we’re rolling now
Look backwards or forwards. I’m in the forward camp

Reactions: UR80sfan and urfan1
Clearly got to focus on DUQ 1st but going ahead and starting this thread since I bought my tix this morning. If others are considering going since pretty easy drive from RVA and I know some folks on the forum live in the Carolinas, there are single game tix directly on the Davidson site - including a good many right behind Spiders bench in Section 8 for relatively reasonable prices and nominal fees versus Stubhub. I'm 1-0 in Steph arena - saw us win in Jan 2020 before COVID.

Keep up the good work. Get the mojo rolling.

Took a quick peak at the Davidson message board, they jokingly wondered if Grant Golden would be suiting up.
Seems like Kenpom and others have this as almost a toss up. Hoping it is not a Durkin 3 from 30 feet that gets us. I can picture GK jumping up in elation from couch now.

Took a quick peak at the Davidson message board, they jokingly wondered if Grant Golden would be suiting up.
Seems like Kenpom and others have this as almost a toss up. Hoping it is not a Durkin 3 from 30 feet that gets us. I can picture GK jumping up in elation from couch now.

I get a notification anytime Durkin is written on this board. idk how, that's a question for the programmers. I pay a lot to post here too! I think it comes with the Platinum package.

We need to watch Bobby. I'm hoping our athleticism can give them trouble. Of course the last time that was said those corn bred boys from UNI had us running around like we're chasing chickens.

Just an observation. Seems we have posts
about how we would like to see this and
that . Should have done this or that .
We only have one coach . Ride her till
she bucks . Go Spiders!!!

Fair to think that but it is 1 of the purposes of a message board.

PS she don’t buck. 22 years of contract security w potentially only 3 ncaas.

Davidson deserves repeated beatdowns for the ridiculous and generic logo switch it made this offseason. Just embarrassingly terrible. It looks like something Stevie Wonder designed in MS Paint in 1992.

Spiders 93, DC 61.
You're hilarious!

Have a great time, Section9! If I was still on the east coast, I probably would have joined you. Cheer our Spiders to victory for us!

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Excellent D early for the Spiders. Davidson also good D for the first couple minutes, but we're getting it figured out.

Nice start - long ways to go but based on what I'm seeing early we match up well with Davidson as usual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT