ADVERTISEMENT

1st game of the Brooklyn miracle - Game Thread Vs Mass

minor complaint and I know we had to secure the victory, but we didn't need to play Tyler 34 minutes today.
need to conserve minutes when we can. the only scenario that matters has us playing for 5 straight days.
I didn’t feel relaxed until 3 minutes to go. This is a still a Mooney team.

Agree with several earlier posters....Burton great today, but gonna need more from the supporting cast to advance into the late rounds.

Loved the defensive effort today. We didn't just compete, we challenged. More intensity/grit than we have seen often this season.

Only one league team has not lost a A10 Tournament game in almost 2 years. Only One. Let's keep it going tomorrow.

Go Spiders!

I realize they stick everyone in the lowest sections so arena looks fuller but from TV more ppl there than I expected.
I was at the game today (I live in NJ so not a real long trip). A10 bought in hundreds of elementary school kids which is why it might have looked more crowded than expected. Actually not a bad idea since it brought some energy to the arena (especially with an 11:30 start) and they did a lot with the kids to keep them excited and loud...probably just happy not to be in class! They were mostly all gone for the second game and you could see/hear the difference.

Besides Spider family and friends, not too many other UR fans...I suppose as expected. With today's blowout win and the game ending relatively early, will that entice a few more to make the trip up north for the GMU game???

So great to see the excitement on the bench when the walk-ons got some playing time and then erupt when Southall got the dunk.

I realize they stick everyone in the lowest sections so arena looks fuller but from TV more ppl there than I expected.
Truth be told..they were hoards of middle school kids in attendance.

We need the rest of you to come on out!

I was at the game today (I live in NJ so not a real long trip). A10 bought in hundreds of elementary school kids which is why it might have looked more crowded than expected. Actually not a bad idea since it brought some energy to the arena (especially with an 11:30 start) and they did a lot with the kids to keep them excited and loud...probably just happy not to be in class! They were mostly all gone for the second game and you could see/hear the difference.

Besides Spider family and friends, not too many other UR fans...I suppose as expected. With today's blowout win and the game ending relatively early, will that entice a few more to make the trip up north for the GMU game???

So great to see the excitement on the bench when the walk-ons got some playing time and then erupt when Southall got the dunk.
There were loads of middle school kids at the women's tournament too. Not a bad idea for the early round games.

Very winnable game, I can see us winning a close one. Will be interesting to see if the 26.5 hour turn around has an effect. I think if anything it shows up late in the game. The familiarity of the arena and excitement may help us to a fast start. I think we are going to need some scoring from Jaynel, Roche and even Goose today. If we have tired legs, could see thus going south too..

Special shout out to Neal for yesterday's performance. He didn't end up scoring much, but 10 rebounds, 6 assists (just one TO), 2 blocks (several other shots altered), and 2 steals. He was dominant early on in many facets and helped us jump out to the big lead that we never relinquished.

Special shout out to Neal for yesterday's performance. He didn't end up scoring much, but 10 rebounds, 6 assists (just one TO), 2 blocks (several other shots altered), and 2 steals. He was dominant early on in many facets and helped us jump out to the big lead that we never relinquished.
Agree and need him strong on Oduro defensively today

I love watching Quinn sometimes, and I cringe sometimes. I definitely thought he was a big factor yesterday. I think during one first half timeout, Peter must have said to him "just dunk the damn ball" because right after he jammed one home.

I love watching Quinn sometimes, and I cringe sometimes. I definitely thought he was a big factor yesterday. I think during one first half timeout, Peter must have said to him "just dunk the damn ball" because right after he jammed one home.
Quinn has potential to be better, he just needs to get stronger.

Neal was great and he was a difference maker ... especially in the 1st half.
Odura's a big challenge. go get it, big fella.

Reactions: plydogg
Spiders had as many backdoor passes/layups as I can remember in any game this year. Including the Grant Golden special where Quinn actually dribbled at the wing and threw the bounce pass off the dribble to the cutter. Hadn't seen that all year. Need more of that from Quinn. Again, it may be that UMass was so poorly coached they were playing tight on 3 point shooters and thus allowing the cuts. Better coaches will clog those lanes and dare UR to beat them from 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT