ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Turner - San Diego Transfer - Visit

Another shooter. Remember his name came up a few weeks back and watching some video. Seems like another legit shooter, but some of same concerns as Becht, can he play D. Also did not start at USD? In any case looks like a viable option. Wonder when visiting? For what are needs are currently, it would seem to be an either/or case with him and Becht. To sman's point, I feel like if you get a visit, it means you have an offer. Could be wrong but it seems like the case in the fast moving portal world.

He averaged 25.6 mpg and started 13 games, while being their leading scorer, so he definitely had a starter-type role. He dropped 34 on St. Mary's.

Guess they just liked bringing him off the bench for a change of pace?

Definitely would be an unusual path for a guy to land at UR...started out at Bucknell and had a decent role as a freshman, then went JUCO, then two years at San Diego.

Deuce was supposed to be at UCSB yesterday, so I assume his visit to us hasn't happened yet.

He can play (or least he could when I saw him in high school). He's a more skills than athletic guy which is what we seem to like at UR. Defense wasn't his strong suit in HS. He might be "King- like" on offense but what was really surprising with King was his D. Not sure this guy will be as advanced there. We need him to be more King than Roche!

He can play (or least he could when I saw him in high school). He's a more skills than athletic guy which is what we seem to like at UR. Defense wasn't his strong suit in HS. He might be "King- like" on offense but what was really surprising with King was his D. Not sure this guy will be as advanced there. We need him to be more King than Roche!
Thanks for your feedback

This one is tough. I'm going to assume we weren't as interested as we thought, because outwardly he seemed like King 2.0. Can't believe he would pick UCSB over us.

Yep this one stinks. Excellent 3 point shooter with stats from a good league. Beagle was a nice pick up but lots of work to do still. Need shooting and replace the athleticism and defense lost with Dji/Bjgs/Harris. Good news is the portal is still pretty full. Hopefully can start landing some guys. Maybe some of p5 NIL money is getting spent up and some guys will start falling our way.

Yep this one stinks. Excellent 3 point shooter with stats from a good league. Beagle was a nice pick up but lots of work to do still. Need shooting and replace the athleticism and defense lost with Dji/Bjgs/Harris. Good news is the portal is still pretty full. Hopefully can start landing some guys. Maybe some of p5 NIL money is getting spent up and some guys will start falling our way.
Moondog had a lot of misses early on last year as well. Not worried yet, but....

Reactions: urfan1
Clowns aren’t much of a draw since they closed down Barnum & Bailey.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT