ADVERTISEMENT

And on to Gola...

LaSalle has been a tough opponent for us through the years. We hold the edge 15-14 and the breakdown is Robins Center 9-5, Away 5-9, and neutral 1-0. We will have to be on our "A" game to come away with a win.

TA had a big game against LaSalle at home last season. Let's hope he does the same to them on the road, plus all of them just need to be aggressive and play THEIR game. Starting fast is the key.

certainly this game could go either way but GEEZ, hoping for a win just to keep this board sane! am really not ready for the calls for firing and for the couch coaches to surface again.

it's coming Web. maybe in the 1st half tonight if we don't get off to a good start. if we win easily, then LaSalle isn't any good anyway. if we win close, CM didn't play TJ enough, he's too verbally tough on the boys, and his system holds them back. if we lose, forget it.

As well it should. We need to win on the road with a consistency of more than once annually. The VCU win was great and it was fantastic to double our Top 100 rpi road wins in the past 4 years.

If we want to achieve any semblance of putting ourselves in a bubble conversation, we need to beat teams like LaSalle on the road. If this team is indeed "gelling" and playing much better as is postulated rampantly now on this board, we need to beat a team like LaSalle on the road.

Kenpom:

Richmond: 43
La Salle: 95

This game isn't going to be easy, but I expect us to win. We can't afford to lose any more games if we want to get into the NCAAs.

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
We open as a 1 point favorite.
Presently a 1.5 dog. Guess the betting public isn't convinced that the Spiders can finish a winnable road contest with a victory. Hopefully they get proved wrong!

Lunardi is obviously banking on us winning most of our games to close out the season.

If you were to pick the tourney based on todays records and rankings, we would not be first 8 out. We would be a 6 seed in the NIT.

BUT - if we can go on a winning streak and prove we can win some road games (LaSalle, GMU. Bonnies, St. Joes, UMASS) - then we might be in the discussion like Lunardi has us.

Just look at the other teams he has us competitng with right now in the final 8 - NC State, GW, Tenn., Clemson. etc. Those are all teams with work left to do, but I don't think as much as we need to do.

Let's just win tonight. Next one up...a one game season. All it takes is one bad loss and it's moot. Look at Davidson they dropped like 20 spots in the RPI losing to the Bonnie's, granted it was at home. Tough loss for them and at the buzzer nonetheless.. That painfully reminds me of something. Twice over I'd say.

I believe all bracket projections are based on if the selection were held today. They are not projections of what will happen on selection sunday in March.

I have been saying all along, the A-10 is very weak this year. We are not very good, but getting better and can beat anybody in the A-10 and lose to anybody in the A-10. Just the way it is this year.

Tonight would be another top 100 road win. Looking at Lunardi's bubble teams, it look like the bubble is pretty soft this year. Winning games like this on the road is what will separate us from others that are in the same position as we are. Huge game tonight!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT