ADVERTISEMENT

2020-2021 Non-Conf Schedule

If some UK fans are to be believed, it's not clear which jersey Grant will be wearing in that game. Don't really understand where that rumor got started.

Reactions: plydogg
If some UK fans are to be believed, it's not clear which jersey Grant will be wearing in that game. Don't really understand where that rumor got started.

Would you be able to link us to any of this chatter? Would be entertaining to read

I’ll be making the trip out to Rupp. Hopefully some of you can join!

Would you be able to link us to any of this chatter? Would be entertaining to read
I think this is where it started.

Seems speculative, but of course others are running with it now and hopefully just making it into more than it is.

Confirmed we will be making a trip to Rupp Arena.

Well, this is a huge f*cking get. I was talking on the other thread about getting a game like we did with Florida a few years back. I didn't realize that Mooney and Lunardi would check that puny offer and then go all in with a game at Kentucky. Well done.

Last edited:
Well, this is a huge f*cking get. I was talking on the other thread about getting a like we did with Florida a few years back. I didn't realize that Mooney and Lunardi would check that puny offer and then go all in with a game at Kentucky. Well done.

Always felt to me like Lunardi didn’t have much of an impact on our scheduling last year compared to what it would be for future seasons. This is a step in the right direction.

Reactions: UR80sfan
I assumed this was a buy game, but is that the price? and I thought they would be paying us?:confused:

Very pleased to play Ky @ Rupp next year! In edition to the publicity, this gives a Senior loaded team (who have been together for years) a REAL shot at a win over a bunch of freshman who will be still trying to get it together.

Reactions: nathanw19
Very pleased to play Ky @ Rupp next year! In edition to the publicity, this gives a Senior loaded team (who have been together for years) a REAL shot at a win over a bunch of freshman who will be still trying to get it together.

I’m just hoping none of their incoming freshmen are the Anthony Davis & Michael Kidd-Gilchrist quality

They lost at home to Evansville this year. We should be able to beat them next year.
It will present an excellent opportunity for us to get a win for sure. I'm not sure I'm ready to make the projection that we should be able to go into Rupp and beat Kentucky though. That is a tall order for any team in the country. But yes, playing what will be a freshman loaded team early with our senior loaded squad is a set up for a good result.

Reactions: nathanw19
This likely to be a total wildcard game. We should definitely have the experience factor, but even in that capacity they may be loaded up on grad transfers. They will likely have a size and athleticism advantage at most positions. Not that playing a top 25 team (if we happen to be ranked) means anything to Kentucky, but I think that should garner a little attention and give Cal some more motivational material - as normally I think we would be looked at like Evansville.

Two things. Going to completely extinguish any sparks on the GG to UK rumors on this Board. Let those idiots be those idiots

UK has room for two grad Xfers and yes, they have a loaded recruiting class coming in. We're bring a hell of a lot of talented experience that has played together for a long while. I'll take our guys all day. Just watched film on their future PG and Gilly will blow by him all day. Kid is 6'3 but slow footed.

Think this will be an interesting Vegas line. Definitely worth a trip to Rupp. Not as good as it used to be, but certainly a CBB Mecca.

Two things. Going to completely extinguish any sparks on the GG to UK rumors on this Board. Let those idiots be those idiots

UK has room for two grad Xfers and yes, they have a loaded recruiting class coming in. We're bring a hell of a lot of talented experience that has played together for a long while. I'll take our guys all day. Just watched film on their future PG and Gilly will blow by him all day. Kid is 6'3 but slow footed.

Think this will be an interesting Vegas line. Definitely worth a trip to Rupp. Not as good as it used to be, but certainly a CBB Mecca.
I wanted to run with the GG to UK rumor. Not because I believe it, but because I believe CM to UK is more likely than GG to UK...

If I remember correctly you are a Louisville guy, so I think you would be completely ok with us having a win over UK.

Reactions: KWeaver
They lost at home to Evansville this year. We should be able to beat them next year.

They also beat Michigan state (ranked #1 at the time) to start their season and finished OOC play with a win over #3 Louisville.

But along with Evansville they lost to Utah and Ohio State (#5).

Looks like they’ll be inconsistent again. Let’s hope we get them on a bad night

Reactions: UR80sfan
Our schedule is off to a great start with:
at Kentucky
at Vanderbilt,
at Colorado State
at Charleston
Old Dominion

In college basketball recruiting there is a premium placed on...
- Immediately eligible players
- Proven All-A10 caliber players
- Big men

Grant Golden checks off all those boxes if he were to transfer. Of course there are eyes on him, but I am going to assume it is just fan speculation until I hear otherwise.

Our schedule is off to a great start with:
at Kentucky
at Vanderbilt,
at Colorado State
at Charleston
Old Dominion

All those would be fun, rather diverse road trips. Rupp for CBB purists, Nashville for coutnry music, Colorado for uh...it's mountains, and Charleston for the beach.

Reactions: spiderwriter
This is the perfect game for UR. A top 25 team, likely top 15 when we play them - get them early in the season when they are still figuring things out with their young NBA talent - meanwhile our senior laden team should be able to keep this game close with experience.
Not saying we are going to win - but this should be a game we should have a chance. And a top team on their floor - this is the resume building games we need.

This is the perfect game for UR. A top 25 team, likely top 15 when we play them - get them early in the season when they are still figuring things out with their young NBA talent - meanwhile our senior laden team should be able to keep this game close with experience.
Not saying we are going to win - but this should be a game we should have a chance. And a top team on their floor - this is the resume building games we need.
Agree with all of this. But anytime we get to play Kentucky that is a great get for our OOC schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT