ADVERTISEMENT

2 open spots

Creek won't be a Spider. He wants to play point guard but he's a crummy ballhandler. And I just don't see us getting a 1 year guy, no matter how much sense it seems to make for 2015-16.

So who's on the transfer list that would fit into the JJ Avila or TJ Cline mold? The guy that has shown success at a lower level D1 and may be looking to test himself at a higher level and has 2-3 years to play? My money's on a transfer that fits that mold ( With grades more like Cline's than Avila, of course).

Mo,

Creek? You mean savage?

Damion Lee is likely for Maryland, and my not fit the off the court profile.

Dylan Ennis may be a reach.

^^Yep. Sorry.

Ennis is interesting but we can't be the only folks that find him interesting, given that his recruitment is 'wide open'.

Ennis wants to be a "true" point guard (his words) and not play in a hybrid guard system like Nova's. We are a hybrid system similar to that. He has said style of play and being the man with the ball in his hands all the time is what he wants. Not a fit for us.

If we're attempting to recruit a transfer or two, that can be announced now. If it's a freshman, we can't sign them for another 8 days. Just be patient, grasshoppers.

Coach, I like those kind of shooters too. Kendal was a great one. SDJ does pretty well getting off his shot. TJ has a quick release on his low trajectory shot but some times has to regrip. Everyone else has to cock and shoot after the agonizing "should I or shouldn't I" decision process we all see them go through.

This post was edited on 4/7 9:05 PM by SpiderK

I think UR is an attractive landing ground for a transfer who has to sit out a year. With Taylor, Allen, Odada and Davis leaving after this season, there is definitely an opportunity to start immediately in the 2016-17 lineup. With most 2015-16 recruits already signed and plenty of depth already this upcoming season, I would focus at least one of the spots on a transfer.

Originally posted by SpiderFan:
What about Stanford Robinson out of Indiana--from Fairfax originally. A 4-star SG that would be good to have for 2 years of eligibility.
Bump. Nice job, Fan.

Originally posted by SpiderHoops32:
Thanks for the link spiderman, he definitely looks like a football player.

Robinson might be a stretch. Came out of high school in the Top 100, flopped at Indiana. He is from Fairfax. Maybe we give him another shot?

Stanford Robinson

This post was edited on 3/31 5:12 PM by SpiderHoops32
bump. good link from 32.

Robinson was involved in a couple of off court issues a Indiana (public drinking/fake ID arrest and failed drug test). Nothing too bad but was a rash of such issues at Indiana. Maybe a change of scenery to a smaller campus is what he needs to bring out his potential again.

It was a product of Tom Crean's lack of control of his own program. If Mooney feels comfortable with him, then I do too.

Indiana finished the year ranked 53 on Kenpom. We finished the year ranked 55. If Stanford Robinson couldn't find playing time on a team that wasn't better than ours why would we think he could find playing time on our team? I think we should be looking for a TJ Cline situation, someone who has proven themselves and looking to move up instead of the other way around.

He also went 3-26 (12%) on 3s for his career, shot only 43% from 2 (worse than Deion), and turned the ball over a bunch. We don't need more players who can't shoot.

This post was edited on 4/14 4:25 PM by fan2011

Interesting article on him. During the team's preseason tour of Canada he switched over to shooting with his right hand, and shot 59%. After the suspension though, he was never the same.

Robinson

DeShaun Morman of Cincinnati is transferring. He was a redshirt freshman this year and has three years left. He's a 6-3 guard, originally from.... Richmond, Va. Played HS ball in DC. Probably not destined for us, but who knows.

Morman

Good find Eight, wouldn't mind seeing him in a Spider uniform. Anyone got scouting report on this kid?

Supposedly very defensive-minded and stylistically a better fit for that team on Broad Street, but who knows. He was suspended this year for a period of time but no word about what it involved. Doesn't sound as if that had anything directly to do with his decision to leave. Cincy also has another Richmond guy, Troy Caupain, on its team. Maybe we should hire its assistant coach to recruit Richmond for us.
wink.r191677.gif

Saw Caupain play this year twice in Louisville, at the tournament. He's a very good player, fearless. Seemed to be about the only one who was when they played UK. I liked him a great deal. Was asking a fellow Spider grad how he ended up in Cincy.

Yeah, he is a fearless player for sure. I think he committed to Tech when Greenberg was there, then decommitted when he was fired. Might have been a connection to a Cincy assistant coach, as I recall.

Too bad my cousin was too short to play for UR, 5'11 super point guard out of Baltimore. He is headed to Cincy to join Caupain. It should be interesting.

Well, I told them about him when he was a sophomore. Wished he could have been a Spider. Oh, his name is Justin Jenifer.

Miller has interest from Michigan and some other big boys, plus we are stacked up front. Don't see it as a possibility for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT