ADVERTISEMENT

VCU vs Dayton inOT

I-M-UR

Graduate Assistant
Mar 10, 2006
I’m hoping Dayton wins to take VCU out of top 4. I still don’t get everybody has Dayton as a certain bid but it they lose they will have 5 conference losses. Nobody else in the A10 gets any at large bid consideration.

What a game. And the A10 is down?? What BS.
Terrible possession down 3. Get to the bucket and get 2, extend the game.
I think it was better for Dayton to lose and have Spiders beat “the lock” seven seed by 3 games and still get no consideration. But…

Last edited:
Reactions: Eight Legger
Great game. A10 certainly has some good teams…..really seems like more than a potentially 1bid league.

Good to see vcu drop out of the top 4. Really would prefer to avoid them if we can because we have some bad history with them in the league tournament. I’d almost rather see any team in the tournament other than them.

Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
It forces them to win an extra game, but doesn't affect the bracketing...the 4/5 path leads to the 1 either way.

But yeah, honestly, at this point I'd rather avoid the potential of them having the honor of knocking us out. It'll be their Super Bowl. ;)

Reactions: mojo-spider
We all agree but “The Pundits” and the “Metrics” say otherwise, so we must be wrong.
The games between UR, Dayton, Loyola, and VCU the last few weeks have been some really exciting high level basketball. All four teams could do some damage in the NCAAs. But you are correct that the results of the season say that only Dayton is an at large team.

It forces them to win an extra game, but doesn't affect the bracketing...the 4/5 path leads to the 1 either way.

But yeah, honestly, at this point I'd rather avoid the potential of them having the honor of knocking us out. It'll be their Super Bowl. ;)
They have won a lot of Super Bowls. Lol.

Fvcu commentators saying that Richmond did not play on the road and win vs. any of the top 6 A10 teams. Loyola???
I believe the Top 5 are 2-9 on the road vs Each other. Us over Loyola, and our loss to UMass…

I must admit I don’t like a conference that gets so big you can’t have everyone play home and away.
Don’t think you really see that in any league nowadays besides some of the real low level ones. Big 12 was like this until recently but they added like 5 teams and now not even they have the home and home with everyone.

Don’t think you really see that in any league nowadays besides some of the real low level ones. Big 12 was like this until recently but they added like 5 teams and now not even they have the home and home with everyone.
How close is the Big East?

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT