ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Probabilty

spiderjpo

Assistant Coach
Mar 11, 2004
I say we are in and that probabilty has gone from zero many said couple weeks back to much closer to 90%. Rocco helped us today with VMI eliminating Western Carolina and Northern Iowa was eliminated at 6-5 with loss to N. DAKOTA State. Nc Central may sneak in and steal a bid with a weak resume but Furmans loss today to 2-9 Wofford makes Southern Conference lose some of their glitter and they will now only get two teams in. How many MVFC teams get in will be something to watch as many think they will get 6 spots. I am hoping Southern Illinois gets left out with losses in 2 of their last three games at 7-4 but both losses were to playoff bound teams one of which is #1 in country. Our resume is not as strong with power rankings but a co-conference championship in CAA which may get 2 seeds in top 8 and finishing with six game winning streak has to help as we are trending in right direction at the right time. If we get in we will be a dangerous team no matter where our power ranking ends up. We will all know by 1pm tomorrow. Hope to be in Robins Stadium next Saturday as word is UR put in attractive bid to host.

I like the NC Central matchup, but I don't like the potential reward of having to face the Jackrabbits. But given our situation, beggars can't be choosers.

Reactions: urfan1
I like the NC Central matchup, but I don't like the potential reward of having to face the Jackrabbits. But given our situation, beggars can't be choosers.
Agree, not good. Thought we might get Nova or Furman bracket, maybe Albany.

Hoping for that Furman bracket! No Jackrabbits please. Haley is a Spider Hater so hopefully just his bias showing out.

Hoping for that Furman bracket! No Jackrabbits please. Haley is a Spider Hater so hopefully just his bias showing out.
Dude, we lost to 2 shitty teams this yr..yes, they were in Sept but no way we shake that anchor...sucks but it what it is

No SD St but a bit concerned as it sounded like the announcer may of mentioned Delaware was in by accident as a lower seed when talking about the Villanova game.

Have to be ready, but we have faced running QB's before. Looking at common opponents I give us slight edge. Win and we go to upstate NY.

Happy I was wrong. Well deserved bid after the winning streak and CAA championship. Pretty impressive the team did enough to overcome two terrible losses. We are in and have a chance! Go Spiders.

Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
Thanks for stepping up and owning your doubts about the Spider’s Football team👏
Not sure about that post from bullfrog91😂

Thanks for stepping up and owning your doubts about the Spider’s Football team👏
Not sure about that post from bullfrog91😂
What I meant was 'you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit'. Glad the committee felt our Oct and Nov results were worthy but I hate leaving it up to them.....should not have lost to Hampton and Morgan.....as with every home game, i will be there Saturday cheering loudly. Go spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT