ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Fire Chris Mooney Thread - 2018-2019 Edition

We are not very good. Subpar recruiting from Mooney over the years, predictable offense, no interior presence outside of Golden. This team needs a head coaching change now. It is embarrassing to keep losing our opening games to teams we should have absolutely no business to

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
FIRE MOONEY. We were the joke of RVA, now the joke of the A10. 1 game in and I’m already done.

Reactions: Hanca
I am a die hard spider fan and with 1:30 left in the game I was actually hoping we would lose so that we can hit rock bottom. If Mooney isn’t fired within the month we will know Richmond basketball is dead.

Reactions: Hanca
The sad thing is, is that I predicted we would lose this a few weeks ago in one of the former threads. What’s even more sad is that I’m sure none of us were genuinely surprised that we lost this game. There is no game in which Ricmond plays another D1 opponent where I can confidently feel like we will win. We just lost to Longwood. One of the first teams in the country. Let this tweet sink in

Mooney has given us no reason to think he will turn it around. None. I want to reiterate that I am not even genuinely surprised that we lost this game.

1. The offense has become very predictable to the point even Longwood was getting steals.
2. We make no attempt to rebound the ball.
3.Our defense is very soft outside of Golden and maybe Cayo

This is all coaching. Every aspect of this team can be improved if we had a better coach. Yet, we continue doing the same things over and over again expecting a different result. No, Hardt will not fire Mooney during the season. However, as soon as we bow out of the A10 tournament come 2019, Mooney better be gone.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Mooney should have been fired years ago. Some recognized it sooner than others. We thought that last year's start was bad - ouch. I said this last year, but there is NO WAY that the AD should let Mooney continue. If he does, that is malpractice on his part.

Reactions: SpiderGuy
Mooney has given us no reason to think he will turn it around. None. I want to reiterate that I am not even genuinely surprised that we lost this game.

1. The offense has become very predictable to the point even Longwood was getting steals.
2. We make no attempt to rebound the ball.
3.Our defense is very soft outside of Golden and maybe Cayo

This is all coaching. Every aspect of this team can be improved if we had a better coach. Yet, we continue doing the same things over and over again expecting a different result. No, Hardt will not fire Mooney during the season. However, as soon as we bow out of the A10 tournament come 2019, Mooney better be gone.
Why wait?

But we have no clue.

We’ve dug below Rock Bottom. Fire this clown now, start the rebuild in-season.

Why wait?

Having a new coach come in now won't help at all. Team has already established the X's and O's for the season, can't change that last minute. What Hardt should be doing now is drafting a list of coaches he would like to call as soon as this season is over.

I hope Rick Stansbury is atop that list. That guy can turn a program around

The worst part of tonight is that it was completely predictable. Anyone still defending this coach at this point is either related to him or doesn't care about winning. The end.
I said that about his supporters two years ago. Only people who would support such incompetence from a coach are either related to him or close friends.

Having a new coach come in now won't help at all. Team has already established the X's and O's for the season, can't change that last minute. What Hardt should be doing now is drafting a list of coaches he would like to call as soon as this season is over.

Disagree. Fire him now. This season is lost already.

Reactions: PASpider
IUPUI isn't that bad either they gave Xavier a game the other night.... Losing to Delaware and NOW Longwood at home...

Have Marcus Jenkins and Kim Lewis play out the string.

Letting this play out for a few wins so he can pass Tarrant in the record book would be a complete insult. DO. IT. NOW.

It depends upon who the coach is. A poor coach wouldn't help at all mid season. A terrific coach would begin the turnaround.

Nothing positive for the program or the players is going to come from another year like last year. Do it NOW!

Listening to this postgame interview between Robert Fish and Matt Smith with Mooney is one of the most pathetic things i have ever heard.

Smith asked Mooney if he was surprised how "physically" Longwood played against Grant. Longwood.

Matt Smith picks up Mooney’s dry cleaning. It’s a Waste of time to listen to a guy, employed by the university, interview another university employee, who is the interviewer’s superior.

Reactions: MolivaManiac
Jack up 3, jack up 3, jack up 3, miss ft, miss ft, Jack up 3, jack up 3, jack up 3, miss ft, miss ft, miss ft.......
What year is this, they all seem the same.

And WHERE are all the posters who complained that the ooc was too soft, too many lightweights on this schedule? The only lightweight on our schedule is Richmond.

Heard Sherod say on the radio that the players are "more humbler" this year. What are you now Nick, "most humbler"?

Had to be favored by double digits at home. Against a Longwood that hasn't a winning season in a long time.

Mooney recused himself from coaching basketball to student athletes.

Yeah, we aren't even going to be the best win f Longwood's season. That's a guarantee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT