ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Fire Chris Mooney Thread - 2018-2019 Edition

If Mooney is retained, I can see in my mind the sign on College Road:

WELCOME to the UNIVERSITY of RICHMOND
HOME of the SPIDERS
Where academic excellence is demanded
and
Athletic mediocrity is tolerated.

All this talk of our goal is to vie for league championships is just that - talk, if Mooney returns. If CM could get the job done, he would have by now and his performance is trending worse, not better.

Mr. Hardt, give the 51,000 Spiders alums and the students some hope that better days are ahead.

Meanwhile over at UR no one has pulled their head out to survey the landscape. Why would you wait so long without any statement unless you think that if you ignore it the problem will go away. Sad to say but after being a fan for a l-o-n-g time it's just their way of dealing with things.
Nothing new here folks. Move along.

Next year we are winning 17 games at the most next year. This year I predicted 16 wins before the Sherod injury. Many people are making a big deal about the Sherod injury. Remember we struggled from the start with Longwood at home to start the season. We constantly have struggled out of conference the past years. Until we build actually depth and bench dont see much improvement from the bench. Cayo, Gilyard, Golden seem like a guarantee. But Sherod is coming off an injury. Francis hasnt played yet and neither has Burton. We schedule harder might be a bit better record next year. Getting to the NIT next year SHOULD NOT be the goal.

What did Mooney say about the OOC exactly? I forgot. If we are going to play some legit competition, it will likely be away. Having trouble seeing how we can go on the road and compete athletically with a p6 team. Watched some of the Yale-Harvard IVY championship today. Lot of talent on the floor. Announcers mentioned several players as "high major" type of talent. It seems like everyone else can recruit these guys, but Moon and the truthers have excuses year after year. For instance, can't compete with IVY league, b/c how do you compete with an IVY league education. Then when we loose a guy to a higher conference or a URI or Umass even (which both have stud freshman forwards that we got beat out for), it's because of the academics we can't compete. It's really been 8 years of excuses. As EL noted, Bona is freaking young as hell, but they didn't make excuses this year. I'm sure Hardt will make a statement tomorrow and let us know that Mooney has his backing, and he will be better with a new practice facility, x, y and z. The beat goes on.

What did Mooney say about the OOC exactly? I forgot. If we are going to play some legit competition, it will likely be away. Having trouble seeing how we can go on the road and compete athletically with a p6 team. Watched some of the Yale-Harvard IVY championship today. Lot of talent on the floor. Announcers mentioned several players as "high major" type of talent. It seems like everyone else can recruit these guys, but Moon and the truthers have excuses year after year. For instance, can't compete with IVY league, b/c how do you compete with an IVY league education. Then when we loose a guy to a higher conference or a URI or Umass even (which both have stud freshman forwards that we got beat out for), it's because of the academics we can't compete. It's really been 8 years of excuses. As EL noted, Bona is freaking young as hell, but they didn't make excuses this year. I'm sure Hardt will make a statement tomorrow and let us know that Mooney has his backing, and he will be better with a new practice facility, x, y and z. The beat goes on.
Look at Wofford. They were 29-4 this year. Their losses? To North Carolina, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Mississippi State. Then they came back and beat South Carolina at South Carolina. They are a 7 seed in the Midwest Region. We used to do this stuff. How long has it been? And the Wofford student body is about 1/2 the size of ours.

we went 13-20 that year.
then went 24-7.

And we played the same number of tournament games both years. Which was the same amount of tournament games as the previous 6 years combined. And every year since combined.

I guess we can brag to VCU that we haven’t lost in the tourney in a decade but that’s more of a self-burn

I just don't see that 24-7 years as a failure like you do.
13-20 sucked. I enjoyed the 24-7 year. shame we didn't get to finish, but that was a great year.

I just don't see that 24-7 years as a failure like you do.
13-20 sucked. I enjoyed the 24-7 year. shame we didn't get to finish, but that was a great year.

It was a great year, and a lot of fun to watch.

I won’t lie, I enjoyed the hell out of that year until the final game. It was a hell of a turnaround after two clunkers. I hope you can understand my frustration with that season not being replicated despite having nearly the same roster last year and this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT