ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Fire Chris Mooney Thread - 2018-2019 Edition

When is enough, enough? At this point it’s absolutely necessary for our program to part ways with CM. I agree, why wait? We just lost to Longwood at home? How much worse can it get?

If Hardt and Queally pull the trigger now, the might find a groundswell of support for this team. Inaction is going to make for a very embarrassing winter.

Reactions: SpiderK
When is enough, enough? At this point it’s absolutely necessary for our program to part ways with CM. I agree, why wait? We just lost to Longwood at home? How much worse can it get?
St Francis at home?

Had to be favored by double digits at home. Against a Longwood that hasn't a winning season in a long time.

-16.5 was the line I saw.

Local radio for the last few days was playing a clip from Mooney’s press availability this week about some crap that the players have to come with the expectation to compete and that struck me as such a low bar - there’s no winning mentality in this program.

Why not fire him now? What good reason is there? X’s and O’s? Who cares we stink anyway.

Worried kids might transfer out? Good, our roster is terrible. We need this to happen anyway. We need a complete reboot even if it means we lose some of our better players.

No other good option? Maybe, but if there is no one worth bringing in available then go with an interim until things shake out. At least they can start the necessary roster movement now. I’m not a fan of forcing kids out but we have no choice. There are at least 5-6 kids who should lot be on scholarship. That needs to change by end of season. Relax admission for scouple years and fill some holes with JUCO to get competitive and rebuild.

I’m a little surprised everyone is so off the rails. We all expected we would be bad. We were a bad defensive team last season with an inexperienced lineup and have gotten less experienced and softer on D. Losses like this confirm it.

I think 8 OOC nails should seal the coffin. 1 down, 7 to go...

I’m a little surprised everyone is so off the rails. We all expected we would be bad. Losses likenthis confirm it.

Bone, we were a 16.5 point favorite. We knew it would be bad ... but this bad???

Reactions: spiders13
I’m a little surprised everyone is so off the rails. We all expected we would be bad. We were a bad defensive team last season with an inexperienced lineup and have gotten less experienced and softer on D. Losses like this confirm it.

Vegas isn’t dumb...we were 16.5 point favorites FFS. This won’t end. I’m done

I don’t understand how anyone can try and justify or excuse this loss. I’m so tired of hearing about how this roster is inexperienced. WE LOST TO LONGWOOD!!! Experience shouldn’t matter when you play Longwood.

Reactions: Eight Legger
I don’t understand how anyone can try and justify or excuse this loss. I’m so tired of hearing about how this roster is inexperienced. WE LOST TO LONGWOOD!!!
If you’re talking about me, you’re misunderstanding my post. I was pointing out that we somehow managed to get worse this offseason. I’m not surprised by this result. Nor am I ok with it. I’m ok if it puts us a step closer to making a change though.

Matt Smith picks up Mooney’s dry cleaning. It’s a Waste of time to listen to a guy, employed by the university, interview another university employee, who is the interviewer’s superior.
I will give Matt credit for saying the result made him want to throw up.

Reactions: spiders13
Wow. Is the original #RealFan (who is not really a fan, rather a paid employee of the university) finally coming around?
If we go 0fer on the season he’ll start saying the seat should get hot.

Personally I can’t beleice we were so unfair to Mooney with this schedule. Where was the cooking challenge at halftime? We can’t find some D3 schools to play? He’s got a young team - he deserves another 3 or 4 years...

Seriously though. It used to be at least you could watch Mooney cuss and get a T, maybe even tossed, those first few years. I want that Mooney back. What we have now produces nothing on the court and provides no side entertainment value. He’s worthless.

It is actually to the point that making a move IMMEDIATELY is the only way to show we won't stand for this, and it is the only way to save the program in the long run. If we continue to act like this is ok, we show ZERO support for the program in general, and we won't be as likely to attract good talented coaches. It doesn't matter what happens in the short term (this season, next season). It can't really get worse. Act now, or cancel basketball. Everything is in place to be a consistent top 50 or better program; the ONLY thing lacking is coaching. It is such an easy decision.

Why do we even have an athlete director? I mean as lousy as our two revenue sports are, what does it take to get OFF YOUR ASS and do something Hardt.

Throw the red jerseys in the moving truck with Mooney.
Please, please - put the red uni's in a box and store them somewhere near the hydrothermal vents in the Galapagos Islands. Our winning percentage in them is about 30%. And they look like dogcrap. How much longer do we have to put up with them? Somebody intercede, please ...

What a wonderful game tonight.

We shot 38% from the free throw line. Everyone we play will shoot better. Just like last year.

Longwood had 20 turnovers - and they still won. We have to play Georgetown, Wake Forest, Loyola-Chicago, ODU (25-7 last year), and either Boston College or Wyoming - all before Christmas. Let's hope we can grow up in a hurry.

We were out-rebounded by ten. Everyone we play will out rebound us. Just like last year.

Let's hope that there has been some improvement since last year, and it just wasn't present tonight. Look guys, I'm trying to think of something positive here ...

What a wonderful game tonight.

We shot 38% from the free throw line. Everyone we play will shoot better. Just like last year.

Longwood had 20 turnovers - and they still won. We have to play Georgetown, Wake Forest, Loyola-Chicago, ODU (25-7 last year), and either Boston College or Wyoming - all before Christmas. Let's hope we can grow up in a hurry.

We were out-rebounded by ten. Everyone we play will out rebound us. Just like last year.

Let's hope that there has been some improvement since last year, and it just wasn't present tonight. Look guys, I'm trying to think of something positive here ...

Have you talked to Armando Bacot's family lately? Do we still have a chance?

Reactions: Monkeyhouse2
Look guys, I'm trying to think of something positive here ...

Why is everyone so upset? :D

Confession: When I saw the final score, I cheered. Loudly. Yeah, you're damn right I did.

Mooney and his crew of flunkies can take a hike.

Reactions: Hanca
I am more interested to see how the next game goes. Keep adding more losses give more evidence.

There are some players on our squad I really like. And I really like Mooney as a person. But this was pathetic. I hope that everyone (players and coaches) learn and rebound from this and we go on a run. But again, we can’t be losing these games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT