ADVERTISEMENT

The competition thread

here is another benefit to vcu success. They get in these regularly. We haven’t been in something like this once in going on 17 year mooney tenure. Not once. Remarkable. Other a10 teams have. Our tourneys we always have to play a couple dogs to get 1 or if lucky 2 good games.

maybe Moon’s agent Rick Giles will get us into another. Gazelle Group!

Not entirely related to basketball. But we do play @SLU in baseball this weekend. Wonder if Matt Smith is making the trip?

St. Joe's in a solid MTE for next year. I know they have a history of participating in this one, so there's a connection. Let's see what Gazelle event Mooney's agent can swing for us...

SLU starting a multi-year series with Auburn. First game is at Chaifetz next season.

Paradise Jam bracket...Duquesne gets Northeastern first, then either Colorado or SIU. Other side of the bracket has Colorado State and Creighton in it. Decent field, but not great.

Reactions: plydogg
Rothstein says they are hiring Jon Scheyer to replace him, which if true seems like one of the worst decisions possible. Nothing against the guy, but he's 33 and has only ever played for and coached for K. And has never been a head coach! If I were a Duke fan, I'd be upset even though he's one of theirs. Just seems like a shortsighted decision. At least interview some guys. You're Duke! Almost every current head coach in the country wants that job.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Rothstein says they are hiring Jon Scheyer to replace him, which if true seems like one of the worst decisions possible. Nothing against the guy, but he's 33 and has only ever played for and coached for K. And has never been a head coach! If I were a Duke fan, I'd be upset even though he's one of theirs. Just seems like a shortsighted decision. At least interview some guys. You're Duke! Almost every current head coach in the country wants that job.
I thought for sure Amaker would be the front-runner.

If only there was an example out there of hiring an inexperienced, fresh-faced 33-year-old to take over your program and then getting stuck in a bizarre cycle of perpetual mediocrity. Can you think of any?

If only there was an example out there of hiring an inexperienced, fresh-faced 33-year-old to take over your program and then getting stuck in a bizarre cycle of perpetual mediocrity. Can you think of any?
🧐🧐🤔🤔

Wow, I totally forgot about Amaker. He should be the next Duke coach.

Reactions: Eight Legger
And here's SLU's MTE...Buffalo is usually solid, SFA has obviously had some excellent seasons (though hampered by Southland affiliation) but unless they backfill with newcomers (got transfers from A&M and Kansas) I think they're expected to be down next year due to a lot of seniors moving on, and SIU was pretty bad last year.

Reactions: plydogg
Yeah but the Rams have this guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT