ADVERTISEMENT

SLU Game Postponed

Saint Louis fans are now claiming Richmond has positive tests that they are “hiding” from the media. Bunch of classless folks

Bona and Duquesne both have games tomorrow, so a shuffle to make up one of those looks unlikely. So presumably we're looking for a non-conference matchup if we can find one.

But maybe you could pull something off like with Fordham, whose GW game tomorrow got postponed. Move the Fordham-UR game up and create openings for both teams on their current Feb 23 date.

Lasalle and Fordham are both in Richmond this weekend to play VCU. Play Fordham on the day they don't play VCU. They shouldn't care about the short turnaround, they know they're going to lose to us whenever they play us anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: plydogg
Oh shoot, I forgot Fordham-VCU already got moved up to this Sunday. But yeah, would certainly be convenient if we could get Fordham down to Richmond today, play us tomorrow and VCU on Sunday. VCU is playing both days this weekend, so why can't Fordham.

Reactions: Eight Legger
So far Hardt hasn't said anything about the regatta being beached due to leaky boats...................If he did he could talk about SLU "springing a leak"..........................

So yeah, just went through the composite schedule for this weekend, and the only A-10 matchup that's really remotely feasible would be hosting Fordham tomorrow if they'd be willing and able to face us and VCU back to back.

Everybody else is either paused or playing somewhere else tomorrow, so it's hard to see how we could fit anything in. Super outside possibility would be us flying to Dayton tomorrow while they host URI and then we face the Flyers on Sunday. But don't think either team would like that. Back to back for them, short/no prep for both sides, and we'd have to get back home late Sunday with a quick turnaround to host Mason on Tuesday.

• Sad
So yeah, just went through the composite schedule for this weekend, and the only A-10 matchup that's really remotely feasible would be hosting Fordham tomorrow if they'd be willing and able to face us and VCU back to back.

Everybody else is either paused or playing somewhere else tomorrow, so it's hard to see how we could fit anything in. Super outside possibility would be us flying to Dayton tomorrow while they host URI and then we face the Flyers on Sunday. But don't think either team would like that. Back to back for them, short/no prep for both sides, and we'd have to get back home late Sunday with a quick turnaround to host Mason on Tuesday.
Is Furman on pause?

looking at the missed OOC games...

Is Cincy on pause too?

Last question, is there a LIVE pause database? :)

• Haha
Bisese has been there forever, so I find it hard to believe he's not communicating with Hardt, too. Regardless, how many basketball players live off campus? I suspect zero. And it's not like we were going to have 5,000 fans in there tonight. Any way you slice it, SLU comes off like a bunch of pansies here. I don't care if we never play them again, but if we do, I hope we let them have it, before, during and after the game.

It's crazy that these two weren't on same page, two very high up ppl at UR. I don't know about bball players, if you look at 1 of those responses it's a few, she says a quarter. I could see some grad players. But Mooney said we were in hotels. Not sure if that was just temporary during the whole break, during covid pause, or if it's still ongoing. It was strange. But everyone would be off campus if that were the case. BTW personally I'd live in the on campus apartments and take that full D hall dining plan every damn day. Never got the off campus appeal while I was at UR.

Reactions: Eight Legger
We are not paused and are trying to find someone to play this weekend.

See I don't believe that re: what spooked the Billikens. So SLU didn't tell us they just took off? Said they had protocol concerns but didn't say what those were. If Mooney doesn't know who does. I mean the 2 people who should know the most - Hardt and Mooney - really have no idea. That truly defies belief. Now it's possible you don't want to say but then just be honest. And if we really don't know we should be killing SLU in the press and taking it up with A10 office but instead they got the story out there first being our fault.

Anyone see the comment on the timesdispatch about the SLU team staying at the westin not wearing masks around the lobby areas?

2 POINTS.

1.) Richmond goes overboard in the safety protocols, so not sure what the Chapley dude is talking about.

2.) Where is Bernadette in this? If the A10 agree upon protocols prior to the season and Richmond has met those protocols, she needs to come out on and say something--not hide behind that statement that led to this speculation.

Reactions: WCUR11
2 POINTS.

1.) Richmond goes overboard in the safety protocols, so not sure what the Chapley dude is talking about.

2.) Where is Bernadette in this? If the A10 agree upon protocols prior to the season and Richmond has met those protocols, she needs to come out on and say something--not hide behind that statement that led to this speculation.
Excellent points but I think we've all seen how Bernadette & A10 is generally a) slow to respond and b) have no teeth in response(s). It should be at the utmost importance for Bern & Co. to say what truly happened so the league can move on...this is a farce. It's clear by Richmond's statements that they're ready & willing and above all, CLEARED to play! So SLU can STFU.

Was looking forward to watch tonight's game. What's the minimum amount of conference games St Louis must play to participate in the A10 tourney?

And there it is. I was waiting for this to eventually circle around to "it's Mooney's fault", and was not disappointed!

Kneepad, I love the Kevin Bacon thing. Love your username. My era, your choice is one of my favorites by far. Just think u were a little eager here going Kevin Bacon. It's not Moon's' fault. I think on top of his results he's also snakebit (or spiderbit is better term!) and why keep around just a little above average coach who is also snakebit. Better to run far away from that. But I'm digressing.

All I'm saying is those statements r exactly as predicted. I go more into it my other reply where Mooney says he has no idea why. Another example of our program softness imo. Philly soft. If SLU bailed which is entirely possible I admit that's bull. But we do have our own protocol problems raised by Noah in the press just recently, we also know Mooney has criticized protocols too. My point is give us something. Don't just hide behind we r doing everything right. We're not. It looks like the AD and VP of Students have no clue. So us saying yeah we have no idea why SLU left, we r doing a great job, we are shocked etc. well u don't get the benefit of doubt unless we are transparent about the SLU reasons which doesn't sound like anyone will be.

So the 22nd ranked team refuses to play us. Is their rational they don’t want to give us a chance to improve our NCAA chances and protect their own. There needs to be A10 involvement now. The vagaries are ridiculous

Reactions: Spiders4ever
In other news, Matt smith is making a fool of himself on Twitter again

Oh no what's he doing? These r the days I wish I had a twitter account. I keep putting this off. I mean I look at it obviously but that's all I can do.

The number I think I've seen thrown around is 13.
That's the total number of games you need to be eligible for the NCAA tournament. AFAIK there is no minimum for participation in the A-10 tournament.

Reactions: ur2K
Oh no what's he doing? These r the days I wish I had a twitter account. I keep putting this off. I mean I look at it obviously but that's all I can do.
He’s replying to O’Connor’s tweets and @ing the SLU baseball teams Twitter account. I would give him a pass if he did it once, but he did it twice on separate tweets lol

Wouldn't be surprised if we never hear why this game was truly cancelled. Not sure anyone from SLU or UR would say it publicly even if they knew. Hardt and Mooney sound peeved though. Can't blame them
Screw that. There has to be some transparency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT