ADVERTISEMENT

SLU Game Postponed

If this is related to Friday, I'm still trying to figure out how SLU found out about something. Were they spying on the program? Did someone from our program tip them off anonymously?
It sounds like even though we were cleared to play, there was something that made them uncomfortable. I don't know whether it was inconclusive results somewhere in the program, a "Tier 4" or whatever positive that wasn't technically disqualifying, or what. Clearly the A-10 sided with them on whatever the concern was, although I get that they would tend to lean toward caution.

It sounds like even though we were cleared to play, there was something that made them uncomfortable. I don't know whether it was inconclusive results somewhere in the program, a "Tier 4" or whatever positive that wasn't technically disqualifying, or what. Clearly the A-10 sided with them on whatever the concern was, although I get that they would tend to lean toward caution.
But how did they find out about it, if that was in fact the issue? Is it routine for teams to say "Hey everything's great! But we also hung out with some dudes with covid a few days ago."

Presumably both teams have to submit full testing results to each other. I don't know how extensive it is, but I would assume they have to share any inconclusives or potential exposures.

I understand this is a highly transmissible virus but wtf is happening that we can’t reasonably isolate the team effectively. Feels like they just aren’t being careful.

Something made THEM uncomfortable? My goodness, if anyone should be uncomfortable, it's those playing St Louis right now. You don't think Dayton was a little uncomfortable against them, wondering about covid?

I understand this is a highly transmissible virus but wtf is happening that we can’t reasonably isolate the team effectively. Feels like they just aren’t being careful.
I agree. Things can happen out of your control, but three times is a little much. That being said, the game should have been played Friday. With covid, I would think everyone's uncomfortable about things this year and could always find something to make them uncomfortable. If you're cleared to play, play.

The math is this...SLU gets in one game against UR on Friday and then misses at least 2 more. How does that help them play the most games possible?

I know the apologists won’t see it that way, but the calculus sure seems to suggest that UR didn’t do the right thing. They followed the bare minimum and when SLU pointed out to the A10 that there’s a loophole, A10 sided with SLU. I have a hard time believing UR did the right thing, because often the right thing is more than just the minimum.

When u have your head coach being publicly critical of these protocols it's easy to understand where we get lax on them. If he's that critical publicly imagine what he's telling them privately. Student athletes r going to take cues from their coach it filters down that's just the way it is. I hope that is not the case but it's hard not to connect some dots here.

Reactions: SpiderRick
Something made THEM uncomfortable? My goodness, if anyone should be uncomfortable, it's those playing St Louis right now. You don't think Dayton was a little uncomfortable against them, wondering about covid?
Dayton played yesterday and is still playing.

When u have your head coach being publicly critical of these protocols it's easy to understand where we get lax on them. If he's that critical publicly imagine what he's telling them privately. Student athletes r going to take cues from their coach it filters down that's just the way it is. I hope that is not the case but it's hard not to connect some dots here.
Perhaps. Even if so, it’s not like he can magically wish away the testing or the reality of the viral transmission rate. Just seems insane to me that the staff wouldn’t be all over these guys about avoiding contact at all cost. But I’m just a simple caveman lawyer...

The reality is that it's possible to get this even if you are home nonstop and only ordering your food by delivery. So there's never a no-risk situation, especially when there's a program with a few dozen people interacting. But still, for a group with a chip on its shoulder, you'd think everyone would be wearing masks everywhere, interacting with no one and being as safe as possible. Let's hope this is the last stoppage.

The reality is that it's possible to get this even if you are home nonstop and only ordering your food by delivery. So there's never a no-risk situation, especially when there's a program with a few dozen people interacting. But still, for a group with a chip on its shoulder, you'd think everyone would be wearing masks everywhere, interacting with no one and being as safe as possible. Let's hope this is the last stoppage.
Three times, com’on man!

You would have thought this after the first stoppage and then most assuredly after the second. So, what gives you any faith that the 3rd time is a charm.

I don't see a chip on this teams shoulder at all. Last year, yeah. This year, I think they've been reading their press clipping a bit too much.

Reactions: whampas
I am so glad we got this game rescheduled! We have a shot at a NCAA bid. Oh wait. I forgot we have the same coach and his same staff. I rather say we have canceled the season due to covid. Save everyone the heart ache and just end the season. But its only a Mooney show to see a total failure to a season. We have seen this many times before. But we accept it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT