ADVERTISEMENT

SLU Game Postponed

SLU is apparently heading home, so doesn't look like this is something that could be quickly resolved and have the game played tomorrow or something.

Mooney should schedule a practice at 6:30 tonight have MBB tweet out some pictures. Proof that it wasn't our issue.

Reactions: CH_Spider
For F's sake. Banish St. Louis. Enough is enough. If I'm Hardt, I'm cancelling our game at SLU today.

Reactions: I-M-UR
Might be a good way for them to get back to back games with UR on Feb. 26th and 27th and play them both at their court.

How could SLU’s medical staff have concerns about our team? Unless I’m mistaken, they don’t examine our players or enforce protocols on the opposing team. Somebody on SLU has a sniffle and Ford took advantage to postpone the game

For F's sake. Banish St. Louis. Enough is enough. If I'm Hardt, I'm cancelling our game at SLU today.

That sounds like cutting off the nose to spite the face. We are in position of weakness not strength thanks to Mooney underachievement this year. How this went down looks bad, they were in town already, no? But fact is we needed this game for any ncaa chances and certainly now the away one.

How could SLU’s medical staff have concerns about our team? Unless I’m mistaken, they don’t examine our players or enforce protocols on the opposing team. Somebody on SLU has a sniffle and Ford took advantage to postpone the game
Yeah, how would their medical team be in any type of position to even evaluate or observe anything within our program. By the very nature of the COVID protocols they couldn't.

Reactions: plydogg
JOC says SLU was concerned about our protocols for some reason.

A UR spokesperson declined to elaborate on the A-10 explanation for the postponement, other than to confirm that SLU personnel “raised concerns” about the Spiders’ protocols.

“I can confirm that the University of Richmond’s team was cleared to play by every relevant body,” said the spokesperson.

That sounds like cutting off the nose to spite the face. We are in position of weakness not strength thanks to Mooney underachievement this year. How this went down looks bad, they were in town already, no? But fact is we needed this game for any ncaa chances and certainly now the away one.
Normally I would agree with you, but we are talking about the last place team in the conference at the moment. So screw them.

• Haha
Also, apparently the irony is lost on SLU. What exactly do they know about COVID protocols? No team in the nation has been on COVID pause longer. What a bunch of clowns. Go home and never leave.

I hope the league makes it very hard to get to their 13 games if we were clear to play and they just chose to turn the plane around and go home. Protocols have been fine for our other 14 opponents.

Reactions: Eight Legger
JOC says SLU was concerned about our protocols for some reason.

U knew that was coming based on the previous statement. So what were these protocols? Certainly we can talk about protocols that's not a privacy issue. Or maybe UR likes getting bullied around here. Think we get enough of that with our next door rival thanks. Losing a national TV espn broadcast cherry on top.

Irrationally angry at the smug SOB Ford & his whole "program." We're playing nice and coming off our own (albeit much shorter and second) COVID pause...they're trying to skirt in NCAAs via Ohio State CFB rationale. Absolutely ridiculous. Additionally, A-10 needs to prioritize rescheduling of top-tier teams & head-to-heads over cellar dwellers. It's for the betterment of entire conference. Not seeing any sense of urgency from A-10 at-large and also...dwindling at-large bids because of this.

Spider fans deserve a full explanation (so do Biliken fans).......poor communications. Based on info reported so far, A 10 Commissioner needs to step in and clarify for fans, teams of both schools. Nothing worse for everyone than rumors and uncertainty!

Mooney has been publicly very critical of the protocols - and personally I think there is some justification for that - but when u have your top dog like Moon Man doing so u run the risk that others get lax w those protocols. Just reality of how things can go down. & now you have another team come in and question our protocols maybe they saw same lax or incorrect protocols. So could be something there on our side that's not good. Knowing UR the way I do I'm inclined to believe we handled properly but I don't know. That's why we need to find out more.

Can’t wait to watch SLU play in the Wednesday night pillow fight games come tournament time. Hope they lose out after pulling this crap

Irrationally angry at the smug SOB Ford & his whole "program." We're playing nice and coming off our own (albeit much shorter and second) COVID pause...they're trying to skirt in NCAAs via Ohio State CFB rationale. Absolutely ridiculous. Additionally, A-10 needs to prioritize rescheduling of top-tier teams & head-to-heads over cellar dwellers. It's for the betterment of entire conference. Not seeing any sense of urgency from A-10 at-large and also...dwindling at-large bids because of this.
Good points here. Let's hope that the league has some plans and is working on them. There's no reason for us to play Duquesne at this point, as much as I would enjoy the win. We need to play SLU twice at our court, get the game at Bona in and go from there.

Reactions: WCUR11
Mooney has been publicly very critical of the protocols - and personally I think there is some justification for that - but when u have your top dog doing so u run the risk that others get lax w those protocols. Just reality of how things can go down. & now you have another team come in and question our protocols maybe they saw same lax or l correct protocols. So could be something there. Knowing UR the way I do I'm inclined to believe we handled properly but I don't know. That's why we need to find out more.
UR isn’t even allowing off campus students to come on campus. They can’t use the dining hall, the gym, etc. Can’t imagine that the protocols are lax for the basketball team if they’re this strict on regular students

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT