ADVERTISEMENT

Singleton

Good luck to Tim, good kid from a good program that didn't work out.

Pretty soon we could compile a D-II all-star team from our recruiting misses! Actually, that's probably being ambitious. At least this year's class does not seem headed for that type of future.

Pretty soon we could compile a D-II all-star team from our recruiting misses! Actually, that's probably being ambitious. At least this year's class does not seem headed for that type of future.

Not going to say it, but yes I am, we did bring in one guy this year, who had mainly D-II offers. Hopefully, he does not go down the same path as Singleton and Diekvoss. Talent is talent and only time will tell, I suppose.

Not going to say it, but yes I am, we did bring in one guy this year, who had mainly D-II offers. Hopefully, he does not go down the same path as Singleton and Diekvoss. Talent is talent and only time will tell, I suppose.

The good news is although he didn't seem to start developing both his skill set and physically until is senior year, it did appear both were increasing at a good pace and it would not be surprising to continue.

What I can't remember is whether there was as much skepticism about Sparrow & Singleton as there was about Diekvoss.

Its amazing to me that we have had 2 scholarship players in recent years that transferred out and didn't get picked up by one of the 351 D-I schools out there.

it's always possible that there was an academic issue, it may not strictly have been an on court thing.

Not sure your point, but those 2 guys were picked up by DI programs, so at least they had DI talent (or enough to be recognized by another DI level program. Smithen did too.

Why did we event recruit and offer a scholarship to the other 2, that's my question. That's not really acceptable for a program that aspires to what our program aspires to be.

because our coaches are wrong sometimes. you project what a HS junior will become. sometimes you think you see something. sometimes it doesn't work out. not the end of the world. that's why you have 13 ships.

Singleton was projected to be a solid D1 prospect. His Dad was PG for Notre Dame, so his bloodlines looked good. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Singleton had offers from Tulsa, Murray St, and Buffalo. Not blockbusters, but decent programs.

Singleton did have some good offers and that recruiting miss was at least missed by other programs. Diekvoss was a D-2 prospect from the get go, who we made our very first signing of last year's class. I still am absolutely baffled by that. It was a completely unforced and predictable miss.

Diekvoss was 7/27/2013, Friendshuh 9/7/2013, Fore was 9/13/2013, Johnson 8/22/2014 signing date?

Every program has misses when it comes to recruiting. I understand that we will have misses. The problem with us is it is becoming a common occurrence. Hopefully this trend can end in 2016.

Sparrow
Piotrowski
Singleton
Diekvoss
Smithen

We have some guys on the roster who can be considered misses by the time they leave.

I would love to know who the lead recruiter on Sparrow, Singleton, Smithen and Diekvoss was. I'm just guessing that on at least 2 of them it was Brunt. Anyone in the know have anything to share? I am happy he got a chance to go to Miami, but mostly because I am hopeful our recruiting will improve because of it. And it seems that maybe it already has started to.

I don't think Wayne belongs in that group. He wasn't a great player for us but he started a lot of games. Not in the same category as the others in my view.

Regardless, a lot of misses, but no idea if we are below average in this regard.

Transfers are the name of the game in college basketball these days, every school has "misses" in that regard.

Top tier a10 schools have no business recruiting DII talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT