ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Spider Nation

SpiderDad75

Team Manager
Gold Member
May 12, 2020
THANK YOU Spider Family…The last 4 years have been pretty great! Although it wasn’t completely smooth sailing, that is always part of the journey. I couldn’t be more proud of what Dji accomplished in his 4 years here at Richmond. He leaves here as a graduate, with an A10 Tourney Champ, NCAA Tourney trip, A10 Reg. Season Champ, the A10’s Most Improved Player and two NIT trips. He considers himself a Spider for life, as do the coaching staff and hopefully the fans will too.

I have enjoyed the board here for the last 4 yrs, made some friends from the board along the way and even found a nemesis🤭. We support Dji as he made this decision on his own but with counsel from us and his inner basketball circle. We are excited for what the future holds for him as he looks to make more of his dreams and goals come true! I’ve said on here multiple times that the reason he entered the portal wasn’t for money, but money is certainly something that plays a part in college basketball today. The opportunity to play in one of the best college basketball conferences in the country is something that Dji has dreamed about his entire life.

The staff is amazing and laid out how Dji can get to his goals of the NCAA’s and professional goals. Player development and playing in an NBA style system is also something that brought us in. Dji still has things to work on like 3pt shot and FT% which are fixable. I would never doubt my son’s ability to get better and certainly we are just thankful that Richmond and now LSU didn’t “see all they needed to see”🫣 There was one up here that said what my own child was and wasn't numerous times, now he's not a P5 guy(Yikes way off on that one) and won't play, won't be successful...jokes on that "know it all" Dji's decision is life changing...so cry more while you sit at your PC and google stats and plays. Shout out to Ply, Native, 8legs, SF, Sman, 23, 97, Sec 9, GKiller, and URfan1 , Spiderlaw, SpiderRick and many others that engaged in meaningful back and forth. If I left you out it wasn't on purpose...well, one was🫣

LSU has a solid history of basketball success and putting guys into the professional ranks and Dji is simply betting on himself. Obviously, he will also be able to get his Masters and is planning on an MBA. How many students are able to get two degrees, do what they love at the highest collegiate level, have put some nice money in their pocket and leave college debt free? We will be pulling for the Spiders every season and I hope to return in the future for some games.

This isn’t Will Wade's LSU and Coach McMahon is an amazing coach and their staff is top notch and have a track record of developing their players and doing it the right way. The only downside for mom and dad is the distance…we will miss being able to get in the car and be at every home game as we did here. I will end with this…the love and support that Dji has received from the fanbase not just this year but all 4 yrs has been great. The support from almost all of you guys on the board has been great. Thank you for the love and support you have shown and as I said earlier…we are Spiders for life and we hope that the fans see us that way as well! #OneRichmond🕷️🏀❤️

Last edited:
I have no doubt, Dji's ceiling is as high as he wants and works to achieve. He is a smart young man, he knows what he needs to improve. I will be watching and pulling for his success.

Will miss saying hello to you at games SpiderDad. Of course you and Dji are Spiders for life. Have lots of investment in the RVA and UR.

Proud that your son kept the faith through all the adversity and I am sure the experience will serve him well. Have fun with all the graduation festivities and tell Dji to hold the diploma high.

I’m also sure the Forum faithful will keep up with everything that happens in the last year of Dji’s collegiate career. He is definitely very fortunate and I am sure he counts his blessings.

Never have been a fan of the SEC and if I was going to rank “the best of the worst” LSU would be toward the bottom of the list, so I won’t be rooting for Dji’s new team, but I hope he finds what he is looking for. I do think McMahon is a quality coach and I am sure Dji will gain from the experience. Good luck in year 5!

#OneRichmond

So silly and childish to ruin what could have been such a nice going away post into such a classless post by taking not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 jabs at me on the way out. The joke's on me? LOL. Seriously? What joke? 18 made 3s in 4 years? That is a joke, right? A career 57.9% FT shooter in 4 years?Has to be a joke, right? What the heck is wrong with you? Joke's on me? Geez, will I still be living rent free in your head next year?

I guess I might as well play the classless game as well. Really wish I didn't have to, but you kind of gave me no choice with what you posted about me. I mean, how could I not respond to all you said above? Hope you enjoy:

There was a player's Dad on here who said his son was a true PG ( yikes, way off on that one), was running with the 1s before his junior year ( yikes, way off on that one, too), said Wilson only played because his son was hurt ( wrong again), said his son gave up no points defensively when a team scored 100+ on us while blaming other players on our team ( yikes....who says that? Well, you do obviously. ...that's just disgusting), whined about his son's playing time while continuing to criticize other players ( so classless), even said that turnovers weren't really his son's fault and questioned the official scorer a few times (LOL), whined some more when his son didn't make the all defensive team, showed a video of his son making 3s, with a nice little comment sent my way, as if that meant I should expect Dji to finally become a 3 point shooter ( never happened), said numerous times "if you had a son who played" , "if this" and "if that", as if he knew me and his son was the only son to ever play ball. It just went on and on, but the best one of all was the " I can handle any and all criticism about my son". LOL. Okay.

Just remember this if nothing else...I doubt the LSU board will rally around you for so many obnoxious comments and so much "my son is better than everyone" talk like this board did because someone that questions your comments on their board might not be hated like me. I am so glad that was your last post.

There's always a choice to take the high road, but you never do.
Hey, I try....but cmon....did he read his post? Maybe if he would have stopped at 3 cheap shots my way, I would have, but the 4th one left me no choice. Or, was it the 5th or 6th one? "Joke's on you", or "cry more while you sit at your PC", "know it all". My goodness, but what's funny is he will again get a free pass and most everyone on here will get on me instead for my reply ( kind of like you telling me to just take the high road instead of maybe questioning a few things he said). All good. Very used to it and prepared for it.

Last edited:
Of course I read it, and no, I wasn't a fan of that part. But wish Dji well, move on, and you get to think of yourself as the bigger man or whatever.

As I said, there is always a choice, but it feels like there is literally nothing you won't argue about and it's exhausting. It's a big part of why things have gotten to this point with Sdad. Everything has to be continually escalated.

Of course I read it, and no, I wasn't a fan of that part. But wish Dji well, move on, and you get to think of yourself as the bigger man or whatever.

As I said, there is always a choice, but it feels like there is literally nothing you won't argue about and it's exhausting. It's a big part of why things have gotten to this point with Sdad. Everything has to be continually escalated.
Funny you say this because couldn't you have left my post alone without responding? What choice did you just make? And, I have wished Dji well numerous times and was very complimentary of him this year, yet all we ever heard from SDad was the "told you so, you were wrong" posts.

Congratulations to Dji on this opportunity. His hard work has already turned into multiple accolades and now playing SEC ball at LSU. That has to feel so great. I can’t imagine how many thousands of hours he has put into basketball and how much he has sacrificed to make this happen. He deserves to reap the reward.

I’m looking forward to watching him continue to grow there. As others have said, he’s a Spider for life and I will always support a fellow Spider.

While I think most of us would rather see Dji still at Richmond he stuck it out and earned this great opportunity! Respect that path.

Not a LSU fan but spiderdad I think u r right my outside view is McMahon is cut from a different cloth than others there.

Enjoyed the banter and we will keep tabs on Dji of course.

Ps vt4700 maybe know when to sit one out.

Spider Dad - God's blessings to you and all your family. Have enjoyed your posts on here and congratulate you on raising such a fine young man. All the best to Dji at LSU and in life. Certainly glad Dji was and is a Spider. Admire his tenacity and perserverance in dealing with injuries/challenges and adding so much to the character of our team.

Definitely appreciate Dji's time here, he was such an easy player to root for - stuck it out through some lean times, injuries, etc. all the way to starting and scoring in double figures for the A10 champs. Disappointed that he won't be here next year, but I'll be rooting for him to have a big year. SDad - hope to see you as a long term fixture on here as well, have appreciated your insights and contributions.

THANK YOU Spider Family…The last 4 years have been pretty great! Although it wasn’t completely smooth sailing, that is always part of the journey. I couldn’t be more proud of what Dji accomplished in his 4 years here at Richmond. He leaves here as a graduate, with an A10 Tourney Champ, NCAA Tourney trip, A10 Reg. Season Champ, the A10’s Most Improved Player and two NIT trips. He considers himself a Spider for life, as do the coaching staff and hopefully the fans will too.

I have enjoyed the board here for the last 4 yrs, made some friends from the board along the way and even found a nemesis🤭. We support Dji as he made this decision on his own but with counsel from us and his inner basketball circle. We are excited for what the future holds for him as he looks to make more of his dreams and goals come true! I’ve said on here multiple times that the reason he entered the portal wasn’t for money, but money is certainly something that plays a part in college basketball today. The opportunity to play in one of the best college basketball conferences in the country is something that Dji has dreamed about his entire life.

The staff is amazing and laid out how Dji can get to his goals of the NCAA’s and professional goals. Player development and playing in an NBA style system is also something that brought us in. Dji still has things to work on like 3pt shot and FT% which are fixable. I would never doubt my son’s ability to get better and certainly we are just thankful that Richmond and now LSU didn’t “see all they needed to see”🫣 There was one up here that said what my own child was and wasn't numerous times, now he's not a P5 guy(Yikes way off on that one) and won't play, won't be successful...jokes on that "know it all" Dji's decision is life changing...so cry more while you sit at your PC and google stats and plays. Shout out to Ply, Native, 8legs, SF, Sman, 23, 97, Sec 9, GKiller, and URfan1 , Spiderlaw, SpiderRick and many others that engaged in meaningful back and forth. If I left you out it wasn't on purpose...well, one was🫣

LSU has a solid history of basketball success and putting guys into the professional ranks and Dji is simply betting on himself. Obviously, he will also be able to get his Masters and is planning on an MBA. How many students are able to get two degrees, do what they love at the highest collegiate level, have put some nice money in their pocket and leave college debt free? We will be pulling for the Spiders every season and I hope to return in the future for some games.

This isn’t Will Wade's LSU and Coach McMahon is an amazing coach and their staff is top notch and have a track record of developing their players and doing it the right way. The only downside for mom and dad is the distance…we will miss being able to get in the car and be at every home game as we did here. I will end with this…the love and support that Dji has received from the fanbase not just this year but all 4 yrs has been great. The support from almost all of you guys on the board has been great. Thank you for the love and support you have shown and as I said earlier…we are Spiders for life and we hope that the fans see us that way as well! #OneRichmond🕷️🏀❤️
Thanks for sharing this detail. Good luck to Dji next year!

Good luck! And I'll double down on the sentiment that the fact that Dji persevered through adversity (injury, doghouse, little playing time, etc.) and quite literally made himself so essential that he HAD to be on the court and became MIP this year is really a testament to his character. It will indeed serve him well for life. Good on him and as everyone said, we are rooting for him. Just not against us.

Dad,
Best to Dji at LSU, wish him every success! He earned all our respect. While it was at times a bit awkward having a player's dad posting, you handled it well and I enjoyed your insights greatly. Hope Dji proves wrong the saying that "The grass ain't always greener". Don't be a stranger here!

Good luck to Dji! Wish I personally knew you both. I can tell you are great people! Glad Dji will be a Richmond alum! Look forward to having you back cheering on our team!

• Love
Reactions: SpiderDad75
Congrats. Happy for Dji and family. Enjoyed watching him as a Spider. Very tough / give it all player. Wishing him all the best at LSU.

• Love
Thanks Dad, will really miss having Dji on the court as a Spider but hope he kills it in the SEC and you all get to spend a bunch of time down there watching him!

The best to Dji - at the very least, his bank account should be a little better with the NIL money LSU can pass out. I don't blame him one bit for moving up to the SEC and taking the money. Its a business decision at that point - and he has made the decision that is best for him. Congrats.

• Love
I am proud of Dji's dedication and development over his Spider years. I remember telling my wife how much he improved and how much I enjoyed watching him play. I'm so glad he stayed here for those years. I now have a reason to watch LSU basketball. Go Dji!

Dji was one of my favorite players and part of that was because his dad was such a valued contributor to this forum. Wishing him the best of luck at LSU. I will certainly be following his progress and LSU more closely next year and hope he does big things for them in the SEC.

Congratulations to you, Dji and your family for a job well done in raising a fine man as well as a fine college basketball player. You have shared recent challenges you are dealing with in the family. I have had some personal experience with some of those issues and it is not an easy road. I will be lifting you and your family up in prayer. I am happy to read that you value your connection to UR and are looking to maintain it. For one, I am wishing Dji and the family all the best. Go in God's speed.

VT I cannot fault Dad75 for taken a last parting shot at you. No names mentioned though but obviously the shoe must have fit but a little too tight for your comfort. You were so negative on him a majority of the time, especially since he stayed injured for long periods of time. This year we were a much better team because we had Dji 100% of the time and healthy.

I suspect DJI will be treated like coaches when they depart a school and move up. If he does well at the higher level, everyone will be proud and speak fondly of him and his Spider Days and how they prepared him for the success at LSU. If he doesn't do well - there will be a lot of "I told you so" or "or he wasn't that good" type talk. Its all nonsense. DJI was a solid player for UR and that is how he should be remembered. Was he a star, future UR hall of famer, etc. Of course not. But he was a key piece of our one and only (so far) regular season A10 championship team. Without him - we don't win the regular season title. That is how he should be remembered. Anything after UR should have no bearing on his achievement at UR.

I suspect DJI will be treated like coaches when they depart a school and move up. If he does well at the higher level, everyone will be proud and speak fondly of him and his Spider Days and how they prepared him for the success at LSU. If he doesn't do well - there will be a lot of "I told you so" or "or he wasn't that good" type talk. Its all nonsense. DJI was a solid player for UR and that is how he should be remembered. Was he a star, future UR hall of famer, etc. Of course not. But he was a key piece of our one and only (so far) regular season A10 championship team. Without him - we don't win the regular season title. That is how he should be remembered. Anything after UR should have no bearing on his achievement at UR.
Appreciate those words Trap🙏🏼🕷️🏀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT