ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal Game Thread 1130 Thursday against St. Joes - USA network

Mooney is the worst in game manager ever.

He never feels the time to call a timeout. Team was absolutely gassed. Doesn’t matter that the next whistle was a media timeout.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
A10 title is MEANINGLESS, a hollow victory. Mooney is just not a good sideline coach and never will be. The sad thing is the I'm not surprised.
I'm so tired of all the disappointments over the last 20 years. Might as well turn down the NIT to avoid another first round loss.

Unfortunate to end like this but was an entertaining, enjoyable season. Down the road guys will feel good of being 1st Spider squad to win regular season title!. Both teams shot poorly from deep but old bug-a-boo giving up 11 O boards leading to a 16-5 2ndCP ad hurt.

Locals should get at least one home NIT game.

The rhetoric was quite alarming leading up to the GMU game, and the response afterwards had me very worried coming into this game. We looked every bit like those teams that are .500 and shoot themselves in the foot over the years and make you want to pull out your hair.

Quinn came to play on offense, but was a major liability once they rolled screens out on him. We looked unrelaxed most of the game when it tightened up and St. Joes hung around just enough to make a push.

All in all a successfull season considering the expectations, but moral victories are getting old and want more NCAA's. Just hope we can build on it. Picked the wrong year to have a 15-3 record in the A10 despite it being the conference best year in some time. Wasn't angry at any losses this year but man this one ****ing sucks because its the same way we always lose.

Last edited:
Gonna have to hold the rage back on this one. F*ck chris mooney is the best way to sum it up. He’s a joke man idc what anyone says. Put all the money we put into basketball and pay him 2.5 million to be mediocre for the most part and piss down his leg when it matters. In what other business anywhere would this be acceptable? He’s soft as cotton and the team reflects that attitude, said it so many times. How about you take coaching basketball more seriously rather than your fancy suits your spending all that not hard earned money on? Get us a more serious coach man. Season is now a failure and if you view it as anything other than that I have to assume you have a losers mindset. Seems to be a common theme around spider basketball.

Bigelow foul trouble all day. Hunt 1/6 from the field. King terrible shooting day, 3 TO’s. Dji less efficient than normal. Quinn is the only guy who played up to their level. Extremely disappointing. Hope we don’t get an NIT bid because I don’t want to watch it

• Sad
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Not surprising. So glad they cut down the nets before actually winning the Championship. Really set a great tone for the rest of the season.

A10 title is MEANINGLESS, a hollow victory. Mooney is just not a good sideline coach and never will be. The sad thing is the I'm not surprised.
I'm so tired of all the disappointments over the last 20 years. Might as well turn down the NIT to avoid another first round loss.
Completely agree. I have said this over and over. Tarrant and JB, you always feel like you have a chance to win. Mooney, you always feel like a chance to lose.

Good news is we have him for life. If we can get enough players we can win, but let's make sure we have a good margin.

And I agree, just too much worry about who is all conference and who is not. If such an issue the players would have come out on fire to prove it.

And yes, the rebounding when it mattered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT