ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining games for top 4

urfan1

Jan 9, 2003
(games against teams 1 to 6 and below, identified as unranked for this; using conference records) Home/Away
LOY CHI tied 1st (34-34 opp records) 6 H Geo Mas 7-6; U A St Bona 7-7; 3 H Dayton 11-3; U A Davidson 5-8; U H LaSalle 4-10
RICHMOND tied 1st (30-35 opp records) U H Davidson 5-8; U A St Louis 2-10; 4 H VCU 9-4; U H St Joes 7-7; 6 A Geo Mas 7-6
DAYTON third (25-24 opp records) U H Davidson 5-8; 1 A Loy Chi 11-2; U A St Louis 2-10; 4 H VCU 9-4
VCU fourth (40-27 opp records) U H St Joes 7-7; U H URI 5-8; 1 A Richmond 11-2; U H Duquesne 6-7; 3 A Dayton 11-3

(games against teams 1 to 6 and below, identified as unranked for this; using conference records) Home/Away
LOY CHI tied 1st (34-34 opp records) 6 H Geo Mas 7-6; U A St Bona 7-7; 3 H Dayton 11-3; U A Davidson 5-8; U H LaSalle 4-10
RICHMOND tied 1st (30-35 opp records) U H Davidson 5-8; U A St Louis 2-10; 4 H VCU 9-4; U H St Joes 7-7; 6 A Geo Mas 7-6
DAYTON third (25-24 opp records) U H Davidson 5-8; 1 A Loy Chi 11-2; U A St Louis 2-10; 4 H VCU 9-4
VCU fourth (40-27 opp records) U H St Joes 7-7; U H URI 5-8; 1 A Richmond 11-2; U H Duquesne 6-7; 3 A Dayton 11-3
Nice work. All home games are expected wins. Only game that would not be a disappointing loss is possibly @GMU. If at 15-2 and title on the line in that one, Id hope the teams motivation would be very high with a refuse to lose attitude.

Reactions: SpiderLaw
Loyola looking really good right now. Glad we got them early in the season. No way they are the 99th ranked team in the country per NET.

Reactions: SpiderDogg
With Bona beating UMass and Mason getting throttled by Loyola, it’s looking like the top 4 should be pretty much on their own after today. Everybody else will have at least 7 losses unless Mason turns this around.

Glad to see vcu likely not in the top 4. More games for them to play in the tournament means the more likely it is they lose before we have to play them. Really don’t wanna see them again because I don’t like how long their guards are compared to ours and I think I still have ptsd from the several times they’ve beaten us in the league tournament.

Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
Lambs fall hard at home without Shulga. Makes sense, they lost their Super Bowl the other day at the RC, sort of a soul-crusher. Ah, well.
Also kind of glad we got Duquesne without Grant…

What are the chances one of our last two opponents is our first opponent in Brooklyn?

Glad to see vcu likely not in the top 4. More games for them to play in the tournament means the more likely it is they lose before we have to play them. Really don’t wanna see them again because I don’t like how long their guards are compared to ours and I think I still have ptsd from the several times they’ve beaten us in the league tournament.
Not a given. Even if vcu loses to Dayton, sbu and/or mass have to take care of business, they both beat vcu but not sure how tiebreaker works

Reactions: urfan1
If vcu ends up tied with one of them, it loses the tiebreaker and falls to fifth. If it ends up tied with both of them, it loses the tiebreaker and ends up sixth.

UMass hosts Fordham and Bona closes with GW and SLU, so it's not looking too good for Clownshow Ed's crew.

Rarely go over there but VCU board turning on Jaynel. Saying he’s playing like he did with us 🤦

I caught the last two or so minutes of their game last night. I was pretty surprised by the empty seats (they were only down six when I turned it on) and the result. But I was extremely amused by the commercial that aired right after the game ended showing the Papa John's pizza promo code after a VCU win. A little misplaced confidence?

Also one of their current (former?) players was featured and the other person in the commercial asked if he was going to do something extra to celebrate (dance maybe? I wasn't paying too much attention). And then he said "only after we beat Dayton." Which implied to me that is their biggest rival/concern.

I caught the last two or so minutes of their game last night. I was pretty surprised by the empty seats (they were only down six when I turned it on) and the result. But I was extremely amused by the commercial that aired right after the game ended showing the Papa John's pizza promo code after a VCU win. A little misplaced confidence?

Also one of their current (former?) players was featured and the other person in the commercial asked if he was going to do something extra to celebrate (dance maybe? I wasn't paying too much attention). And then he said "only after we beat Dayton." Which implied to me that is their biggest rival/concern.
It certainly was, in 2017, when the commercial was filmed…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT