ADVERTISEMENT

St. Joe’s Game Thread -Wed 7pm ESPN+

This will be a tough game. Although, I did hear comparisons between Jordan King and Jameer Nelson (all time St. Joes great).

Reactions: urfan1
If St Joe's wins this game, they would be able to reach 20 wins before the A10 tournament. This is a huge game for them.

Yes this game is no gimme, St. Joe's is a solid team. I think our guys are laser focused right now though and will keep it rolling Wednesday.

They are 8-5 since the middle of January.
4 of the 5 losses are Dayton, Loyola, VCu, and the Bonnie’s.

you will be hard pressed to find a team with a greater spread between the worst NET they lost to and the best NET they beat in the non-conference than these guys 🤣
I found one, just barely! Bryant beat #35 FAU and lost to #340 Manhattan for a spread of 305.

St. Joe's beat #26 Villanova and lost to #330 Texas A&M Commerce for a spread of 304.

Just curious but will the A10 trophy be at this game? If we win do they do some kind of post game ceremony for it?

Is there a regular season trophy? I guess we would have had no reason to know until this year!
Could be wrong but pretty sure there is. I have seen regular season champs of other leagues cut down nets before if they clinch it at home so would imagine we’d at least do that if we win wednesday. Not gonna be an easy game though.

And even if we lose Wednesday (let's hope not), we still clinch if Loyola loses at Davidson that night.

Could be wrong but pretty sure there is. I have seen regular season champs of other leagues cut down nets before if they clinch it at home so would imagine we’d at least do that if we win wednesday. Not gonna be an easy game though.

You think we r going to cut down our own nets if we win reg season Wednesday?

We just showed a lot of bball IQ as fans on Saturday vs. VCU. The nonstop booing, and not storming the court. That's all gone if we cut down nets. Granted that's on the program itself bc it's obviously not a fan decision. But even fans asking for it, which is the case here, I don't get at all. I don't expect realistically under any consideration and we'd get mocked for it.

I remember our last season in the CAA, in the Beilein era. We beat VCU at VCU. Our guys tried to cut down the nets and VCU students interfered and disrupted the process. This team can do what ever they want. If they want to pull down the nets in the middle of the game, go right ahead. But they have unfinished business. Their time will not be over until the lights are off in their final game of the season.

I’m good with whatever they decide to do. I think I’ve seen uva cut down nets from winning the acc regular season but I guess winning the regular season in a power 5 league is a bigger deal than winning it in a mid major league idk. Wednesday is gonna be a challenging game though so let’s worry about winning that first.

We just showed a lot of bball IQ as fans on Saturday vs. VCU. The nonstop booing, and not storming the court. That's all gone if we cut down nets. Granted that's on the program itself bc it's obviously not a fan decision. But even fans asking for it, which is the case here, I don't get at all. I don't expect realistically under any consideration and we'd get mocked for it.
No cutting down the nets...not for this

I remember our last season in the CAA, in the Beilein era. We beat VCU at VCU. Our guys tried to cut down the nets and VCU students interfered and disrupted the process. This team can do what ever they want. If they want to pull down the nets in the middle of the game, go right ahead. But they have unfinished business. Their time will not be over until the lights are off in their final game of the season.
That's because we were banned from the CAA tournament that year, so we had no chance to cut down tournament nets. This year we do.

Just saw where the MVC regular season champ, indiana state had t shirts, a trophy and cut down their nets yesterday for winning the regular season title in their league. Would imagine we will do the same if we win Wednesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallipoli
Just saw where the MVC regular season champ, indiana state hat t shirts, a trophy and cut down their nets yesterday for winning the regular season title in their league. Would imagine we will do the same if we win Wednesday.

There r always exceptions. I don't think very commonplace. I don't hear that occurring myself really at all, but I guess it happens. If there is A10 trophy we'll get it. The team will probably get rings at end of year, so they'll get stuff. I don't see the point on nets in this scenario, it's lame imo and I hope you're wrong. We've never won it under Mooney but it would still surprise me. The VCU thing was unique as Eight Legger mentioned. Save it for winning a10 tourney or making the Final 4 :)

Reactions: bullfrog91

I don’t necessarily see anything wrong with it. UNC has done it for years…granted it’s UNC but it wouldn’t bother me. But I see your points as well.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Anyone want to cut down the nets in Brooklyn?

We can let Gilly put up the new ones…

I think tourney winner gets trophy, regular season gets plaque. But as everyone says, we weren’t in that position before, so not sure.

being conference champs is a huge deal. not sure the last time we did that. it's worth celebrating. totally fine cutting down nets.
Don't think we've ever won the A10 regular season...tourney winner 2x since we joined-i think.

I don’t necessarily see anything wrong with it. UNC has done it for years…granted it’s UNC but it wouldn’t bother me. But I see your points as well.

what happens when they win it on road. Just like us & vcu they aren't cutting the nets down at Cameron. Maybe they go back to an empty Dean Dome and do it. Didn't know this was even mildly a thing.

UConn is defending national champs and they still cut down their nets yesterday after clinching the BE title.

But the true baller move is cutting down your opponents' nets on the road and then stiffing them on the bill.

what happens when they win it on road. Just like us & vcu they aren't cutting the nets down at Cameron. Maybe they go back to an empty Dean Dome and do it. Didn't know this was even mildly a thing.
They typically cut them down the last home game if it fell that way, if it didn't they didn't. Of course they don't do it on the road but was done with all of Roy's teams if they won.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT